Switching from VLCD to Keto

Options
Hi everyone...has anyone got experience of moving from a very low calorie meal replacement diet to Keto? Did you gain weight or was weight loss similar? Be really interested to hear as I'm quite keen to do Keto for weight loss and health benefits. Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I certainly think you'd be better eating real foods than meal replacements. Also Keto is great because you are naturally less hungry after you have been on it for a little while. You need to eat calories though in the form of real fats such as butter and cream etc and protein while keeping carbs low so if you have been on a very low calorie meal replacement diet you may find it odd at first and against what you have been doing previously, but I believe if you change and stick with it, you will feel the benefits.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just switched Oct 1. I was a little hungrier the first 2 days but that may be from being afraid to really eat enough fat. Its very weird after being fat avoided for so many years.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I haven't; but like @chinatowninchina, I would expect the benefits to come in after sticking to it for a while. It is possible that there may be some weight gain as you switch to more food and learning the types of fat that work for you; but overall, the positive impact I expect will outweigh the initial shock