Females only! Sorry guys.

2»

Replies

• KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Consider an iodine supplement. It can really help with fatigue/hormonal issues. While I believe iodine is safe be mindful of the quality and dosage. I like nascent iodine, much easier to dose smaller and digest.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    PMS eating is SO SO SO real. Combine it with runger and Thanksgiving week, and that is a recipe for disaster. I kind of had an eat what I want for a few days kind of week. Combine that with a cold, and now the scale shows it for sure, but I got my period and now I feel like I can eat back at my deficit. Definitely wasn't expecting THAT much of an increase in appetite, but it was a perfect storm of all the things.
  • Marcie9278
    Marcie9278 Posts: 64 Member
    Marcie9278 wrote: »
    I really wish there was a solution for this PMS craziness. Not one where they say to eat celery instead of that frosted brownie that you really want....something that you can do throughout the month that would make PMS not so mentally taxing.

I literally flew into a place last month for a brownie sundae. I could NOT deny myself. The urge was so ridiculously strong. And you know what? As I ate it and afterwards? I felt amazing!!! My body was like....THANK YOU!

So what if there was something that could make your body not feel that way ...so you're on an even keel. Birth control? Nah. I still had it. Trying to stuff your mouth with healthy stuff? Nah. Just makes me more grouchy. Only eating one piece of chocolate? That ain't cutting it. So what? Ugh..... probably just a brownie sundae and then yep....eat under calories for two days once Aunt Flo arrives.

I totally want a brownie sundae now...for breakfast. :#

Crud....sorry... but yeah, I totally know that feeling. #danggirlproblems
  • Marcie9278
    Marcie9278 Posts: 64 Member
    PMS eating is SO SO SO real. Combine it with runger and Thanksgiving week, and that is a recipe for disaster. I kind of had an eat what I want for a few days kind of week. Combine that with a cold, and now the scale shows it for sure, but I got my period and now I feel like I can eat back at my deficit. Definitely wasn't expecting THAT much of an increase in appetite, but it was a perfect storm of all the things.

It is so weird how when you get your period, your appetite just goes down. It's so nice, but at the same time, I wish that it was just that same the week before. BLAH.

But yes, when you put all of those factors together, you definitely had a good Thanksgiving week.

It's okay - I wasn't PMSing and gave up on it all on Tuesday. Friday I felt so ill from eating everything and anything that I was ready to get back to eating less. #plus
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I really wish there was a solution for this PMS craziness. Not one where they say to eat celery instead of that frosted brownie that you really want....something that you can do throughout the month that would make PMS not so mentally taxing.

I literally flew into a place last month for a brownie sundae. I could NOT deny myself. The urge was so ridiculously strong. And you know what? As I ate it and afterwards? I felt amazing!!! My body was like....THANK YOU!

So what if there was something that could make your body not feel that way ...so you're on an even keel. Birth control? Nah. I still had it. Trying to stuff your mouth with healthy stuff? Nah. Just makes me more grouchy. Only eating one piece of chocolate? That ain't cutting it. So what? Ugh..... probably just a brownie sundae and then yep....eat under calories for two days once Aunt Flo arrives.

I totally want a brownie sundae now...for breakfast. :#

Crud....sorry... but yeah, I totally know that feeling. #danggirlproblems

No worries. I'm at work, and there's zero chance I'm getting one. It just sounds super yummy. With caramel sauce, please!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Last year it was awful because Thanksgiving AND Christmas were in my 'not hungry' phase. So I didn't even get to save calories those two months like I usually do... I think I gained 3 lbs during that month.

This year, I was ovulating. Everyone was stuffed and I was like 'where's dessert?', then I had four (small) pieces of pies and cheesecake and I was still nowhere near stuffed. First time in years that I wasn't stuffed after a Holiday meal (to be fair, my main plate was nowhere as packed as everyone else's, and I didn't have seconds).

But yeah I got sick too and had no activity for a week, which typically means a 1 to 2 lbs gain for me because I just can't eat at sedentary maintenance, it's just too few calories!