Weird foods/combinations you eat

Replies

• helena99716
    helena99716 Posts: 62 Member
    I looove putting raisins in milk and cereal, and mash potatoes into soup. I also love dipping toast into olive oil, especially if it's homemade olive oil. :love:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Today it was a whole salmon side w/ onion salsa and srircha
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Sweet n Sour Gherkins dipped in Peanut butter :+1:
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    mmmm... rice and ketchup!! :):)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Scrambled eggs, jelly and jalapeños
    Cottage cheese and salsa on a baked potato
    Soup (any kind really) poured over cauliflower/broccoli
    Tuna salad and apples
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    From my childhood:

Cake milk - chocolate cake with enough milk poured over to make a gloppy mess
    Dagwood sandwich - mayo/mustard/cheese/bologna on one side, PBJ on the other then put it all together

From my grandson:

Strawberries and grapes dipped in hummus
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    My aunt told me the other day she made garlc bread but didnt have butter so made it using cesar dressing. Sounded super weird but strangely delicious lol. Iv used stuff like salad dressing or cream cheese vs mayo in a sandwich so i guess same sort of deal

I ran out of butter/margarine and used miracle whip to grill a grilled cheese. I've done it plenty of times since then with either miracle whip or mayonnaise. It grills up really nice due to the oil in the dressing. I've also made garlic bread with mayo and parmesan cheese instead of butter. Delish!
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    My aunt told me the other day she made garlc bread but didnt have butter so made it using cesar dressing. Sounded super weird but strangely delicious lol. Iv used stuff like salad dressing or cream cheese vs mayo in a sandwich so i guess same sort of deal

I made homemade Caesar dressing once and ran out of lettuce before I ran out of dressing. I put the leftover dressing on some pasta, and it was amazing.

I also love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches, but I also add mustard. And sometimes cheddar.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    I like dipping biscuits in my coleslaw. so good <3
    And sweet potato fries with chocolate chips/peanutbutter and some cinnamon sugar. That one weirds people out lol
    This sounds so yummy, I'm going to try it. Do you melt the chocolate?

@lemmie177

I make mine up like cinnamon sugar coated fry chips crisp em up a bit layer in the chocolate chips and melted peanutbutter :D Sometimes ill even add strawberries or another fruit or some nuts...like this :D Can get away with very few chocolate chips, The base heat melts them really nicely its liek christmas finding a little melted chocolate pocket

bsegguvqmm8y.jpg
  • JaydedMiss
    *kitten* guys just got home was all excited to not be hungry for once late night....No longer true after reading some of these. I totally vibe with your freak food. Yummy
  • A little shredded cheese, salt and pepper on oatmeal for breakfast SO GOOD like a mix between cheesy grits and Mac and cheese
    Or ketchup and mustard anything from potatoes to Mac and cheese to eggs or mustard as salad dressing (super low cal)
    Other weird food combos are cool together protein powder, cottage cheese (low-fat) and canned pumpkin and Splenda and micro wave -like a hot porrige breakfast
    And fairy toast -momma made this for us as kids -butter or cream cheese on bread with sprinkles
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Just reading about you eating frozen fruit hurts my teeth!! :s haha I can't handle that.

I like ketchup on eggs, apparently some people thing that's weird. Even though I haven't had one in a long time, nutella and butter sandwiches are amazing! I love sweet / salty combos and put salt in / on things like ice cream, oatmeal, pudding. . . anything really sweet, I love to add salt to! I also love putting pretzels in ice cream (with a sprinkle of salt of course).

I also loooove anything with a really strong flavor: "stinky" cheeses like blue cheese, feta, goat cheese, curry, vinegar--especially balsamic vinegar! yum
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    What does it say about me if I think most of these things are completely normal? Frozen fruit is really not weird - it's advertised here a lot as a treat for summer! (I eat a lot of things frozen. Frozen cake/brownie/cookies are the best! As are frozen gummy sweets, licorice, caramels, chocolate bars etc)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I always thought maple syrup in cereal was a normal thing, I wouldn't call that a strange combo. I do it all the time.

I like to put a drizzle on my salads along with hot sauce, mustard, onion powder garlic powder, nosalt salt, and italian seasoning to add the sweet and salty combo. Sounds disgusting, tastes amazing. (to me lol)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    What does it say about me if I think most of these things are completely normal? Frozen fruit is really not weird - it's advertised here a lot as a treat for summer! (I eat a lot of things frozen. Frozen cake/brownie/cookies are the best! As are frozen gummy sweets, licorice, caramels, chocolate bars etc)

Frozen fruit is normal, not sure why OP thinks it is weird haha. Most people I know eat frozen fruit as a snack. Maybe it is a regional thing. Where I live it is sold on the street in the summer.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017

Frozen fruit is normal, not sure why OP thinks it is weird haha. Most people I know eat frozen fruit as a snack. Maybe it is a regional thing. Where I live it is sold on the street in the summer.

im really glad because its delicious and people keep calling me weird lol aparently frozen fruit is only good for smoothies
  • Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Doritos with Sour cream , Rice with cheese and pizza spice from epicure. I used to eat loads of that now I make a portion of it worth the calories and it's pretty small but it's like a treat as long as it fits in my calories for the day .