Options for energy?

Please no judgement. I'm looking for a supplement or drink (no energy drinks).. that will supply a good amount of energy. I take b12 and vitamin D and drink copious amounts of coffee (I've cut down to 2 large a day).. maybe green tea pills or? anyhow help me out!

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Black Rifle Coffee: Fit Fuel
    Chilled in the fridge over night. Mixed into my combat shake at 4:20am before swimming at 5.
    https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/fit-fuel
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Look for a thermogenic at gnc.. they supply energy for workouts. I take one each morning before my daily workout.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    How is your sleep? Do you get 8 hours worth a night? Something to consider before energy drinks is to troubleshoot the root cause for the lack of energy.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Something doesn't add up. You've cut back on caffeine, but you want something to boost your energy. There is no substitute for sleep.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Please no judgement. I'm looking for a supplement or drink (no energy drinks).. that will supply a good amount of energy. I take b12 and vitamin D and drink copious amounts of coffee (I've cut down to 2 large a day).. maybe green tea pills or? anyhow help me out!

More food, or more coffee again
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    You have cut back on coffee, so add some of that back in.

Personally if I tapered down on the coffee and my body has adjusted to no longer having that coffee, my question might be is my energy lacking from somewhere else? Not enough nutritional balance in my diet, not enough calories in general. Getting in adequate sleep is key? If your sleep is off it can be tied to nutrition.
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    How are you for iron??

That can make you feel crappy and tired
  • ChAnthony007
    ChAnthony007 Posts: 2 Member
    I noticed that by drinking coffee daily makes me really tired by mid day. When i cut the coffee out, i noticed an increase in my natural energy. If you want an extra energy boost for the gym, just take a pre workout. Keep in mind those do use caffeine.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    How is your sleep? Do you get 8 hours worth a night? Something to consider before energy drinks is to troubleshoot the root cause for the lack of energy.

^ This. Identify the root cause of the problem and fix it before supplementation. Best of luck.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Sleep
    Caffeine

Since you're already dosing B12 and D... Assuming you're getting 6-10K daily of D and not the anemic 300 normally supplemented.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sleep
    Caffeine

Since you're already dosing B12 and D... Assuming you're getting 6-10K daily of D and not the anemic 300 normally supplemented.

Agreed. + sufficient calories.

Or else clarify the part where you ask about an energy drink but don't want an energy drink.
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    Sorry...I meant to put a traditional energy drink, monster or red bull ect
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Sleep
    Caffeine

Or else clarify the part where you ask about an energy drink but don't want an energy drink.

• monicapiazza
    Thanks everyone.. I will look for the thermogenic at gnc. I should have added more information about my sleeping patterns ect but I normally get a solid 6 to 8 hours nightly. I feel I eat a nutritionally sound diet. I'm increasing my water and adding in more green tea and a little less coffee. I just feel general fatigue to be honest. It might be a seasonal thing but I want to rev up my energy so I can get done all the things I need to in a day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Thanks everyone.. I will look for the thermogenic at gnc. I should have added more information about my sleeping patterns ect but I normally get a solid 6 to 8 hours nightly. I feel I eat a nutritionally sound diet. I'm increasing my water and adding in more green tea and a little less coffee. I just feel general fatigue to be honest. It might be a seasonal thing but I want to rev up my energy so I can get done all the things I need to in a day.

I'd look at your iron level given what you've now said
  • stanmann571
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Sleep
    Caffeine

Sorry...I meant to put a traditional energy drink, monster or red bull ect

Ultimately, if you've become caffeine dependent, you will either need to supplement caffeine, or deal with 5-10 days of withdrawal.

There's nothing inherently or intrinsically wrong with meeting your caffeine requirements with a red bull or monster or coffee or diet soda.

There's also nothing inherently or intrinsically wrong with meeting it by supplementing with tablets.
  • monicapiazza
    No I know I just personally don't like many I've tried. I've given up caffeine a couple of times now. Not fun haha.

Ultimately, if you've become caffeine dependent, you will either need to supplement caffeine, or deal with 5-10 days of withdrawal.

There's nothing inherently or intrinsically wrong with meeting your caffeine requirements with a red bull or monster or coffee or diet soda.

There's also nothing inherently or intrinsically wrong with meeting it by supplementing with tablets. [/quote]

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    How long ago did you cut back on caffeine? And you've cut back to 2 large... what per day?

If you're having trouble simply making it through the day, then I'd look for an underlying cause as that's different than just needing a little kick to get moving in the morning.
  • stanmann571
    edited November 2017

There's also nothing inherently or intrinsically wrong with meeting it by supplementing with tablets.

No I know I just personally don't like many I've tried. I've given up caffeine a couple of times now. Not fun haha.
    Personally, I love the taste of Ripit power flavor. Dollar tree carries them
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    There is caffeine in thermogenics.. so if you take one, really watch your intake of caffeine elsewhere. If it gets to the point where you feel you need more.. stop taking them for a few days and go back to coffee.. then start back up.. that’s how I manage it.
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    How are you for iron??

That can make you feel crappy and tired

Agreed. Might be worth a trip to the dr.