Sweet tooth

What do you consume to replace your sweet tooth cravings.... This is hard not to have ☹

Replies

• purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Cheese.

Weird I know. But by eating something savoury and satisfying helps me not devour the chocs.

Or.... I'll add some fruit and balsamic to my salad, so the whole meal is a bit sweet
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't replace them, I fit them into my day.

I have lost over 17kg so far, I have a chocolate bar or Chocolate Flavour Protein bar (sometimes 2) most days, if I cut it out I'd just cave and binge.

If you can't moderate things like that, don't keep them at home, when I want something sweet but don't want to have a chocolate bar, I might have one of the following:
    • Protein Muffin - with fresh blueberries or lemon juice & chia
    • Sweet Omelette - like pancakes but without the flour I use a small amount of Stevia, some chia seeds, a couple of dark chocolate chips, some fruit and some sugar-free syrup.
    • Frozen low fat yoghurt

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Individually wrapped squares of good chocolate. Ghirardelli, preferably.
  • TaschaBeri
    TaschaBeri Posts: 10 Member
    thecharon wrote: »
    Have your sweet. Just log it. Eventually you will have less and less. Takes time. I like mini, individually wrapped chocolates. I can't imagine life without sweets.

Yeah u r right :)
  • TaschaBeri
    TaschaBeri Posts: 10 Member
    I don't replace them, I fit them into my day.

I have lost over 17kg so far, I have a chocolate bar or Chocolate Flavour Protein bar (sometimes 2) most days, if I cut it out I'd just cave and binge.

If you can't moderate things like that, don't keep them at home, when I want something sweet but don't want to have a chocolate bar, I might have one of the following:
    • Protein Muffin - with fresh blueberries or lemon juice & chia
    • Sweet Omelette - like pancakes but without the flour I use a small amount of Stevia, some chia seeds, a couple of dark chocolate chips, some fruit and some sugar-free syrup.
    • Frozen low fat yoghurt

Thanks for the pointers
  • gem88mfp
    gem88mfp Posts: 8 Member
    I tend to let myself have it, otherwise I might end up binging on it which would be worse. Fitting into your calories for the day. I do sometimes go for a low calorie hot chocolate though instead of a bar of chocolate. Sometimes thats enough to satisfy me at about 40 calories.
  • My diary is open...I eat chocolate EVERY SINGLE DAY, sometimes 3-4 times a day. As long as you put in work and just looking to drop WEIGHT while burning it off, I don't see it as an issue (unless you have a medical problem).
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Whatever else is in the house. I'm not very good at moderation. I can occasionally deal with having a little bit of chocolate in the house and only taking a little bit at a time, but that doesn't last long. The good news for me is that I quickly didn't care to have something sweet daily. When I am in the mood for something, and want it that bad, I'll go out for ice cream or get dessert.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    OuchArtist wrote: »
    TaschaBeri wrote: »
    What do you consume to replace your sweet tooth cravings.... This is hard not to have ☹

Seems like your diet is not healthy, if you had a healthy diet that includes all of your mineral and vitamin requirements especially potassium, sugar cravings would be almost non-existent.. you can also try drinking potato starch along with your fiber-rich meals.
    Also you should check for candida overgrowth in your guts because candida feed on sugars and that may be a reason you have such low willpower when it comes to candies, do the candida test you can find on youtube, it may not be perfect but it'll give you a general idea.

Please ignore this - it's total crap.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    I tend to end my day with a peppermint patty........I just fit my cravings into my day. I used to try and cut them out, and by doing that I would find that I was more prone to binge on sweets. Thankfully my mindset has changed over the last few years......I no longer feel guilty when I eat sweets, or like I just doomed my weight loss.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2017
    If I just want something sweet, fruit.

If I want chocolate, unsweetened brewing chocolate or small amounts of high quality chocolate (for example, Chocolove 88%).

If I want ice cream (or similar), I fit in the amount that fits or make room in the next day or so.

If I just want something special after dinner, it doesn't have to be sweet -- cheese works, nuts, fruit (again), the brewing chocolate, a little greek yogurt with nut butter mixed in. Or it can be, and then it depends on what I want, sometimes a Kind bar.

Weirdly, if I'm craving a snack sometimes my mind goes to sweet since it tends to be around and easily available. I have done best not snacking, for the most part, but something low cal and strongly flavored will work too, like a pickle or radishes.
  • plear3682
    plear3682 Posts: 9 Member
    I keep lots of gum on hand, several flavors. It helps with the craving for something sweet.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    I keep halo top ice cream in my freezer and I’ll eat one spoonful of it. Honestly I don’t log this usually.

Otherwise a (measured) spoonful of peanut butter, sunbutter, or honey almond butter will do the trick, but those are more high in calories and I do log!

Recently I have been having a cup of Starbucks Kerrigan hot chocolste (only 90 calories).

Luckily I don’t have a huge sweet tooth. I crave salty or savory always!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Individually wrapped squares of good chocolate. Ghirardelli, preferably.

Yes those bags of squares are great for just eating the right amount. The dark chocolate are the lowest cal but I really like the caramel and I just found some bourbon ones mmmm....