Can anyone help me figure out a good booty workout program that works?

Hi am wanting to get a bubble butt and gain muscle without exactly losing all my fat on my butt. My problem is, I can’t really find a good program to follow. I’ve read that you don’t want to do it every day and you need to eat protein and you need to add weight
The problem is nobody tells you how many days a week. Or how much protein, or how much weight and how often.

Plus I’m struggling to find my authentic people to give you real advice with real results. I’ve also seen booty push-up panties but am not sure wether that gives snake oil results.

Replies

• mmmrrrddd33
    mmmrrrddd33 Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry, I am typing on my phone and for some reason it won’t let me rewrite this to fix the grammar
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Look up strong curves
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sure.....my go-to for women who want "dem booty gainz" is to point them to Strong Curves by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis. It is a free program that is available in .pdf format.

Another option - and she will kill me for doing this (because she is so dang sweet and humble) - is to point you to @sardelsa and look at her body of work (pun very much intended). She works out from home and has made absolutely amazing gains in the last two years (I think that is the time frame....something like that).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Ok so first, definitely look into Strong Curves and Bret Contreras. Great info there. Be consistent and you will get real results.

Second.. what are your stats? Are you overweight? Are you a good weight for your height but not as firm as you'd like? Are you very lean or underweight/almost underweight? That will determine your next steps.

@LiftHeavyThings27105 (hey you changed your name!) :p I actually spent 3 years building up my glutes (but I had a baby in between so obviously a bit of a delay goal wise but nonetheless) point is...it takes a lot of time to build them up.

• KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Easy, just do a ton of squats. With weight if you can. Just squat and squat some more :smiley:

It's actually not that simple....

Probably not...I naturally have a "bubble butt" so I'm likely not the best person to comment on this...When I was young and much thinner my friends used to tell me I was all butt when I turned to the side LOL.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Ok so first, definitely look into Strong Curves and Bret Contreras. Great info there. Be consistent and you will get real results.

Second.. what are your stats? Are you overweight? Are you a good weight for your height but not as firm as you'd like? Are you very lean or underweight/almost underweight? That will determine your next steps.

@LiftHeavyThings27105 (hey you changed your name!) :p I actually spent 3 years building up my glutes (but I had a baby in between so obviously a bit of a delay goal wise but nonetheless) point is...it takes a lot of time to build them up.

Yes, I did, Steff!.....I figured that if I am going to do Power Lifting then I need to have my game face on - all the time! LOL! See? That is why I was unsure. I could not remember what the time frame was....but just stop using the "I had a baby" excuse! LOL! That makes what you did even more amazing. Yes, total fanboy here (really hope that it is not creepy....just totally respect what you have done).

So, OP - what she says! Work work work and be consistent. And, I knew that she would see that I tagged her and I knew that she would engage. Take it away, Steff! All yours!
  • mmmrrrddd33
    @saradelsa thanks for replying it’s nice to hear from someone who has actually worked on this before.

I am a beginner right now, but trying to find a good program to start. I am a bit chubby but not to bad I mainly want to focus on building muscle in my butt without gaining or losing to much fat (I personally like having a little bit of fat). My weight is 167, which I plan on bringing down to about 145. Which shouldn’t be my biggest opsticle. My biggest opsticle is by bum, because it gets bonier when I lose weight.
  • sardelsa
    edited November 2017
    The glutes are made up of fat and muscle. Unfortunately, you cannot spot maintain fat (believe me, I would love to keep fat from certain parts and lose it from others!) so it will be down to genetics how you lose fat. Fortunately though, you can work to preserve muscle with progressive resistance training, adequate protein and not losing too fast. So your best bet will be a glute focused lifting program as I mentioned above to preserve as much of those glutes as possible (maybe build a bit too).

All that being said, if you don't have very much muscle in your glutes to begin with, you might not be as happy with your end result as you get closer to goal. You can run a small surplus when you get leaner to build up the glutes... and that is really when the magic happens (and hence the it taking years and years).
  • mmmrrrddd33
    @sardelsa how often should I do flute exercises (from your experience)? And how often did you add more weight?
  • sardelsa
    It will all depend on your programming. You want to work the glutes frequently as they respond to more stimulation.. however, you don't want to overtrain them either. That is why adequate programming is very important for the most optimal results.

If you are following something like Strong Curves, he has you working them 3-4x per week.

In terms of adding more weight, it will depend, but for me I usually increase the weight each session (by 5-10lbs) f I can and keep the reps the same, but sometimes I will keep the weight the same and increase the amount of reps (especially for more accessory lifts such as cable kickbacks or bandwork).. I write everything down and make sure I am progressing in one way or another each time.
  • mmmrrrddd33
    @sardelsa thanks, you’ve helped me a lot :)
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Squats and carbs.
  • Aguminus
    Aguminus Posts: 42 Member
    I'd say squats, and if you can get a resistance band, it's be very useful
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michael's booty workout DVD....
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member

Sardelsa is the one to listen to. All the post of squats are not adequate by themselves to build great glutes. As an example, I recently changed my program to a split from a full body program where I did squats 2x per week. The new program has a leg day that has squats, one leg glute bridges, weighted lunges, side leg raises and front leg raises. 2 days later, my glutes are still sore. Much more work on the glutes than just the squats!
  • sardelsa
    mmapags wrote: »

Sardelsa is the one to listen to. All the post of squats are not adequate by themselves to build great glutes. As an example, I recently changed my program to a split from a full body program where I did squats 2x per week. The new program has a leg day that has squats, one leg glute bridges, weighted lunges, side leg raises and front leg raises. 2 days later, my glutes are still sore. Much more work on the glutes than just the squats!

Interestingly, squats for me are more of a secondary move (mostly because I don't have a squat rack and can't go very heavy) so I don't prioritize them at all.. but despite that my glute progress has been pretty great, and while my quads have grown, they have grown less than my glutes which is exactly in line with my goals
  • kaveryn
    kaveryn Posts: 2 Member
    Lunges, stair climber, squats. And more squats.