Can I add a saved recipe into a new recipe

Options
umami5
umami5 Posts: 1 Member
Hi
If I make a tomato sauce recipe of 500g can I easily add 20g of that recipe into a new recipe I am building e.g a Bolognese

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wish.

• Rainqueen77
    Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think if you make it a public food entry and name it something personal you should be able to.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I came up with a workaround that lets me use the same batch of ingredients in multiple Recipes. This allows me to create a Recipe for example "Pasta Sauce" and then use that batch of ingredients in a recipe for "Lasagna." It takes really just a few extra steps, but it saves lots of time in the long run.

Create a draft of the list of ingredients in the Food Diary, save it as a My Meal, then import the My Meal using the Old Recipe Calculator (available on the web version only) in the new Recipe along with any additional ingredients. Here are my instructions...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10471173/how-to-use-my-foods-and-my-meals-in-a-recipe-a-workaround
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    "I think if you make it a public food entry and name it something personal you should be able to. "

This is the only way I have been able to do it, but I like the meal idea posted by CyberTone.