What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2017
    Two in two days! I went to the doctor's office this morning, and my BP was 126/70! It was 162/90 something last month. They said I should be proud of myself. Never in my life has a medical professional said that to me before. B)

Awesome! My mom is going to the doctor since her bp was extraordinarily high the other day. She's scared and wants to feel better
    Her meds alone aren't working. She wants to lose weight too, which will help a lot, but do you have dietary advice? We'll ask about an Rd referral for help.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    sssgilbe wrote: »
    Hoo BOY do I have some NSV's TODAY!

I went to the DMV to renew my license...I haven't had it renewed in sometime and never EVER look at the weight on it--ever. Today, I looked at it and it was 40 big ole pounds MORE than I weigh today....40lbs more! I've still got a lot more to go (about 35-40lbs), but seeing how far I've come from my highest weight ever is so FUN and COOL!

When I took my vision test, I asked if I should take it with my glasses on, she said first try it without them...she said my vision was excellent! When I asked on a scale of 1-10, how good was my testing score, she told me a 9, a NINE! 187 days ago, my vision was sooo poor, I could hardly see anything without my glasses--everything was so blurry...it was really scary. Now I don't ever need them at all--I'm thrilled!

Lastly, I also passed my "Patience, Love&self control" test today too. The women doing my renewal was sooooo nasty, just as mean as a junkyard dog. I asked her how she was doing and feeling and she looked at me like she could kill me and said rudely..."not good, I'm missing lunch helping you" and then rolled her eyes at me. I was kinda tempted to either respond in kind or ignore it...but I said to myself "LOVE her, be PATIENT, walk in self-control". So I asked her what she was having for lunch, she told me Chinese food. I told her I hoped it would be the best lunch ever and then I asked her if she would recommend anyone applying for a job there. She looked horrified and said "NO WAY" among other things. Then I told her how many people are looking for a job and would kill to have her job--that even though it's a hard and thankless job, that she has a job when soooo many people don't. She looked at me and said "Ya know what, I've got a lot of my friends and family members that have been looking for a job for a long time--you're right. Then she apologized for being rude...then she told me I was one of the nicest customer she's ever had--then she thanked me again for "helping her"and gave me the most beautiful smile I've ever seen--it was absolutely TREMENDOUS her complete turn around in attitude was....WOW! I walked out of that place with sheer joy. WOW--it's FUN and COOL not to return "evil for evil or like for like" and to walk in patience, love and self-control--YAY!!!!!! o:)<3o:)

You are my inspiration of the day! Thank you for sharing.

YAY! How very kind of you to share this AND how fun and cool it is to inspire you--that's thrilling to hear. Thank you so much for replying {{{{ Hugs }}}} <3o:)<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!