Any petite women success stories?!?

Replies

• Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    I’m 5’ started at 165lbs and am now down to 151lbs just from exercising more and being more conscientious of what I eat. Finding I’m stalling so it’s time to switch to some serious logging! I’d like to get to around 130lbs but we’ll see as the weight comes off what feels right
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Hey. I’m 5’1.5 and currently 173. This is my second time using this app. The first time I was very successful, I got down from 177 to 159 lbs in about 2.5 months. I was running about 3 times a week, but I wasn’t weighing my food (I didn’t own a food scale) and I would frequently go over my calories. I paid no attention to my macronutrients, I only cared about calories and not going over.

This time around, I know I will be even more successful. I purchased a food scale, and I measure and weigh everything that I can. I changed my macronutrients so that I’m taking in more protein, and less carbs. I’m doing low carb, and it’s working well. I eat more protein so my hunger is satiated throughout the day. And I’ve given myself small monthly goals. I’m trying to lose 10 lbs a month. I’m getting married married in April, and my dress alterations start in March, so I would like to lose 30 lbs by the end of February. Then I will maintain until my wedding. And then lose more after the festivities are done. I’d like to get down to 120-130 lbs. I have a long way to go, but I know I can do it this time. Feel free to friend me, I’m always down to have other petite girls as friends to support.
  • Dakhar1
    Dakhar1 Posts: 27 Member
    I’m 5’3 - didn’t really want to weigh myself to start but pretty sure it started around 140 or a little under. I weighed 121.6 this morning. Not done or anything, I want to be around 110ish.

The difference between my “I try to make good food choices and cardio only in the gym” body and my “slight caloric deficit and strength training with little cardio” body is night and day
    4hz3b3af7fq2.jpeg

Wow your left pic is exactly what I currently look like and your right pic is my goal. That’s what I used to look like in my skinnier, younger days and what I’m trying to get back to. It’s very inspiring to see someone else accomplish what I’m trying to do.
  • River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm 5 feet tall. My highest weight was around 246. I've been playing around with the same 20 pounds for the last year, and I've gone back to my own plan just this last week. I had to go to the doctor because I was sick (flu) and was weighed. In the 7 months I wasn't following any plan I gained 10 pounds. Last week I was 237. Yesterday I weighed in at 233. So 4 pounds lost to get my mojo going again.

The plan I'm doing is one I've made up so I know it'll be easier for me to stick with in the long run. I'm eating higher protein, multigrain breads and pastas, fresh fruit and vegetables (frozen too out of convenience), more fiber, and counting my calories. I've noticed that if I eat just a little bit more calories than I was before (eating just once a day...bad, bad, bad!) I lose weight. I used to eat around 800-900 calories per day because I wasn't hungry.

My goal is to get to 135 and see after that. I'm taking it a few pounds at a time. If I want a piece of chocolate, I'll indulge in a mini chocolate bar. Sometimes I keep them in the freezer. Helps to eat less of them that way for me.
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    5"2 lost weight in late 40,s age and maintained and going strong at 52.
    I lost 37 pounds July 2011 and have maintained 115-117 since.
    I workout 3-4 times a week. Rest of the days, I stay active biking, gardening or walking my dog.
    I eat 1600-2000+ zig zagging and a Spike day Sundays.
    I follow 80-20 rules-80 percent I eat very well and the rest I enjoy going out to eat or beers/wine etc. I am in this for life.
    Its all about being able to live with your choices for life, work outs , food and no depriving..Just being real... and not beating are self up for cake or a missed work out.. Just picking it up again..80/20:-)

I love your 80/20. Puts my journey into a more joyful perspective. Thanks!!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    5"2 lost weight in late 40,s age and maintained and going strong at 52.
    I lost 37 pounds July 2011 and have maintained 115-117 since.
    I workout 3-4 times a week. Rest of the days, I stay active biking, gardening or walking my dog.
    I eat 1600-2000+ zig zagging and a Spike day Sundays.
    I follow 80-20 rules-80 percent I eat very well and the rest I enjoy going out to eat or beers/wine etc. I am in this for life.
    Its all about being able to live with your choices for life, work outs , food and no depriving..Just being real... and not beating are self up for cake or a missed work out.. Just picking it up again..80/20:-)

Love your idea of 'the bar'! Funny, I go to the same bar. :wink:
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    5’3” and lost 60 lbs (175->115), then gained back 5 through weight lifting.

My success was based on taking it slow(ish), about 1lb/week average loss over the first year and then another 6 months to take off the next 10 lbs. Learning to cook healthy foods I enjoy has been a big part of it because I couldn’t stick with Lean Cuisine and 100 calorie packs (nutritionally or otherwise) for a lifetime. I also make time to work out, but don’t overwork myself, primarily just walk my dog every day, lift weights 3x/week, and stay active in general.

Hope that helps! I share recipes and workouts on Instagram if you’re on there, Elizabethinmoderation.

It's amazing that there's only a 1lb difference between those two pictures. Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!