General Chat

tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
I thought I would create an additional board if anyone wants to chat in general about weight loss, fitness, the weather, whatever (just try and keep it clean lol)

Replies

• shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 you can really see your weightloss in your profile pic changes! WTG!!! My thoughts this am are that I'm committed to get to my goal. It may take me a long time, and I'm OK with that!
  • tinkerbellang83
    @tinkerbellang83 you can really see your weightloss in your profile pic changes! WTG!!! My thoughts this am are that I'm committed to get to my goal. It may take me a long time, and I'm OK with that!

Yeah I have much the same opinion my trending app gives me a rough idea of when I should hit my initial target but I'm mentally prepared for it to take a little longer as I'll probably drop my rate of loss down as I get closer so I can ease into maintenance and then recomp if I've any wobbly bits I still need to tackle.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Hoping to get a bit more use out of this board, chatting about health, weight loss and fitness really helps me to keep my mind focused on my goals.

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,156 Member
    I came from another social media portal and small group chat was a big part (the main part) of that site. I transitioned here for all the tools in calorie counting, but really miss the ease and layout that allowed for small group support and encouragement.

One of my fellow supporters came over to MFP also, she noted that on mobile it isn't really possible to connect with MFP-style chat/support/groups/threads without going through several clicks and searching. If someone wanted to come straight to support or chat it's cumbersome. I think those concerns are valid. With your thread here I think there is a lot of value in an area like this. It'll be interesting to see if it gets cooking.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I agree, if MFP put a little effort into it's social side it would vastly improve the user experience.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Good afternoon people (I will just keep posting here until eventually someone talks to me :lol:)

What is your strategy for Christmas? Are you doing everything the same, are you doing something different?

For me I am doing something totally different this year
    • Not having traditional Christmas dinner - having a stress free pizza and chocolate day
    • Continuing to log as normal
    • Probably won't be drinking any alcohol
    • Weather dependent I may still go out for a run
    • Treating the rest of the week and St Stephens/Boxing Day as normal days.

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    I don't usually log Christmas Day. So the days I have off this year - 25th and 26th are just gonna be free eating. Maybe a glass of something alcoholic and not overeating per se. I can eat up to 3000 cals at the mo anyway, so not too fussed. Back to normal 27th and normal logging days up until Christmas Eve. Will be doing the long walks post stressful family days to get out in the fresh air and hopefully crisp sunshine! I am considering trying to go for short runs again around the 3 mile mark come New Year. Knee should be fine as am lighter now than when I was trying to before.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,156 Member
    I just snatched the last holiday cookie off the table in the break room at work. If I can eat everything placed their and keep the table empty, I'll have less temptation. :smiley:

I'm a streaker, and enjoy having momentum, and also enjoy have group projects, so I am going to log and hit the complete button everyday until Christmas. I hope to round up about ten other people to join in the challenge.**

For me nothing works like daily logging and interacting with others.

** Ah, just thought of a name, the "twelve days until Christmas challenge"
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    I don't celebrate Christmas but new years eve we are eating traditional snacks that are very high in calories so I will just log it when I eat those. But I will be careful this year I think
  • tinkerbellang83
    nexangelus wrote: »
    I don't usually log Christmas Day. So the days I have off this year - 25th and 26th are just gonna be free eating. Maybe a glass of something alcoholic and not overeating per se. I can eat up to 3000 cals at the mo anyway, so not too fussed. Back to normal 27th and normal logging days up until Christmas Eve. Will be doing the long walks post stressful family days to get out in the fresh air and hopefully crisp sunshine! I am considering trying to go for short runs again around the 3 mile mark come New Year. Knee should be fine as am lighter now than when I was trying to before.

I am very jealous of your bulking calories lol I cannot wait until I get to recomping, roll on Year 3. I don't see the family until the 28th when I head over to the UK so no family stress days for me and no cooking this year either, just hanging out with some friends watching movies.
  • tinkerbellang83
    mfp2chris wrote: »
    I just snatched the last holiday cookie off the table in the break room at work. If I can eat everything placed their and keep the table empty, I'll have less temptation. :smiley:

I'm a streaker, and enjoy having momentum, and also enjoy have group projects, so I am going to log and hit the complete button everyday until Christmas. I hope to round up about ten other people to join in the challenge.**

For me nothing works like daily logging and interacting with others.

** Ah, just thought of a name, the "twelve days until Christmas challenge"

I will try and make the effort to go into the web version to complete mine, sadly my app doesn't allow me to most of the time, it just crashes!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Kamille68 wrote: »
    I don't celebrate Christmas but new years eve we are eating traditional snacks that are very high in calories so I will just log it when I eat those. But I will be careful this year I think

I am looking forward to New Years Eve, I will be heading to an Indian restaurant with my best friend for another stress free evening.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Christmas food starts this Thursday for me - meals out, travels, snacks and everything.

I am intending to just be reasonable with all 'Christmas Meals'. I have never needed 7 roast potatoes etc. I enjoy 2 or 3 and the rest was greed. I am hoping that over the past 11 months I have learned a bit more about why I ate what I ate in the past.
    I will take photos and log everything still. Maybe miss breakfasts here and there and eat less on 'normal' meals. Along with planning exercise and longer swims where possible.

Am really hoping I can not gain over the next month!

New year, less food orientated so hopefully the days spent in the gym 26th-28th will help with that! :) definitely want to take the opportunity to do a few more 5km swims as I won't have to be at work.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited December 2017
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Christmas food starts this Thursday for me - meals out, travels, snacks and everything.

I am intending to just be reasonable with all 'Christmas Meals'. I have never needed 7 roast potatoes etc. I enjoy 2 or 3 and the rest was greed. I am hoping that over the past 11 months I have learned a bit more about why I ate what I ate in the past.
    I will take photos and log everything still. Maybe miss breakfasts here and there and eat less on 'normal' meals. Along with planning exercise and longer swims where possible.

Am really hoping I can not gain over the next month!

New year, less food orientated so hopefully the days spent in the gym 26th-28th will help with that! :) definitely want to take the opportunity to do a few more 5km swims as I won't have to be at work.

I am quite lucky most of my festive nights out are all done and dusted, I have my work Christmas party next Monday but we are heading there at 4pm so will just have an extra weetabix for breakfast and maybe a snack at lunchtime, it's never a big drinking thing for me because it's almost always on a weekday and we have work the next morning, last year I snook out at 10pm lol

PS everyone needs 7 roast potatoes they are the best part of dinner :wink:
  • beerfoamy
    edited December 2017
    I am quite lucky most of my festive nights out are all done and dusted, I have my work Christmas party next Monday but we are heading there at 4pm so will just have an extra weetabix for breakfast and maybe a snack at lunchtime, it's never a big drinking thing for me because it's almost always on a weekday and we have work the next morning, last year I snook out at 10pm lol

PS everyone needs 7 roast potatoes they are the best part of dinner :wink:

Haha well we will also have: peas, carrots, sweetcorn, green beans, stuffing, sprouts, parsnips, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, yourshire puds, beef, sausage meat, turkey, pigs in blankets AND the roasties, so we shall see.
    All leftovers get mashed, mixed with cheese and grilled for Boxing Day Bubble and Squeak so leaving potatoes is a good thing :D

Yeah I never drink at work Xmas parties - always have to drive home after!

Ahh, I get 22nd-2nd Jan off work. DRINK!! teehee. but will definitely moderate that - amazed at the empty calories of drink, and how it just means I eat more on top of it. Maybe a couple of snowballs on Christmas.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited December 2017
    Ahh, I get 22nd-2nd Jan off work. DRINK!! teehee. but will definitely moderate that - amazed at the empty calories of drink, and how it just means I eat more on top of it. Maybe a couple of snowballs on Christmas.

We normally have the whole period off but this year they want us in, in case couriers are calling with parcels so I am back in for a half day on 27th. I am heading out in Durham on 30th and that will be a big drinking day for me, but probably won't be having much in the way of food so I reckon it will all balance out. I am flying back to Ireland on New Years Day so won't be doing much drinking on NYE.
  • beerfoamy
    ah kewl
    flying and travelling fun!

I just keep thinking of all the events and how much I will be eating and panicking! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    ah kewl
    flying and travelling fun!

I just keep thinking of all the events and how much I will be eating and panicking! haha

Last year I took it as a diet break, ate at maintenance and evened out my eating across the week, it's easily doable - I say this as a retired binge-drinking Northerner!
  • beerfoamy
    yeah my only goal is not to gain, so maintenance will be good idea. might change it on here, or might not fuss, I think my maintenance would be around 2200 with exercise so can adjust in my head.

I have exercise time too - just overthinking and am sure part of my brain is trying to convince me that it is 2 days, not 2 weeks. A lot more time for balance in 2, even 3 weeks.

and calm....lol