Stupid Lindor chocolate balls!!!

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Lindor dark chocolate truffles are one of my favorite things. They could almost make my list of diet kryptonite foods, but when I have them (not that often), I get a couple of singles next to the register. Good thing I am a cheapskate.
  • Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    You're freaking out about 77 calories? I could eat a whole bag of the sea salt or mint ones in one sitting. :D
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    The peanut butter ones...OMG...they're amazing, but thankfully hard to find.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    The dark chocolate ones with mint centers! Ooooh, yeah! All things in moderation, to reiterate @TeaBea.

Gah, yes! They are so good! I try to take little tiny bites and let them melt away so I don't just unwrap them all and shove my face into the pile of em.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    I have a friend who is a manager at a Lindt store nearby. Luckily I don't have a mind to exploit the relationship.

Do you have a mind to let someone else exploit the relationship?
    (Call me!!)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Mrs181 wrote: »
    You're freaking out about 77 calories? I could eat a whole bag of the sea salt or mint ones in one sitting. :D

I think the OP thinks that one little piece of chocolate made her sluggish. I call shenanigans on that and think, if she really did feel sluggish, it's something other than a teeny tiny 77 calorie ball of chocolate.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    My mom bought me a lindt advent calendar......

Will your mom adopt me?
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Ha - well, I think freaking out about 77 calories and saying it made you "sluggish" is a bit extreme, BUT I will admit that I had a similar reaction to finding out the calories in these. Basically, someone was passing them out at work and I was in the mood for a sweet treat so I ate two, assuming they were 30-40 calories each, and then finding out they were closer to 80 was pretty disheartening.

Idk why I assumed they'd be like a hershey kiss! Sometimes you just can't have nice things..
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    I’m just happy that I discovered they have gluten in them (barley malt sweetened). Phew!
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    My low carb butt loves these. My husband recently bought me an edible arrangement full of these and the ghirardelli caramel squares. It lasted two days lol
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    We have a lindt advent calendar... just a little bit of chocolate a day does me good!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I just crushed a poor soul yesterday that was eating one of their candy bars - "It's only 240 calories" Uh-huh, "Check the servings per container". It was 3...
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    I have zero restraint with candy and chocolate. I just get the family to stash it away so I don't have to resist it everytime I walk into the kitchen.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I just crushed a poor soul yesterday that was eating one of their candy bars - "It's only 240 calories" Uh-huh, "Check the servings per container". It was 3...

I love the Lindt chili bars but often end up buying one, eating a serving, then leaving it in the lunch room at work for the vultures to devour, because I would have zero trouble mowing through the whole bar, and I'm shrimpy enough that my daily goal can't often afford like 500 calories worth of chocolate if I wish to also get some actual nutrition. So good though.
  • xhunter561
    xhunter561 Posts: 77 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »
    Mmmm I loooove those little calorie bombs. >:)

ME too. Give up chocolate forever? No way! All things in moderation.

you don't have to give up chocolate you just have to get dark chocolate 100% coca and if you don't like it like that melt it and add some stevia with stuff like peppermint oil, cinnamon, ect. the vast majority of the chocolates in the stores either have a lot of sugar or sugar like substitutes that might give you a big spike of your insulin and your blood sugar. If you have to problem test drinking a tsp of apple cider vinegar and see what happens. store bought chocolate isn't as good as home made in my personal thought.
  • xhunter561
    xhunter561 Posts: 77 Member
    I spotted this in a grocery store earlier this month.

hc06p0hfabcv.jpg

that's a first, never seen one the size of a persons hands before. :o
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    xhunter561 wrote: »
    I spotted this in a grocery store earlier this month.

hc06p0hfabcv.jpg

that's a first, never seen one the size of a persons hands before. :o

Don't get too excited, it's a hollow plastic ball filled with normal sized ones.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    There are Gingerbread Lindor Balls this year. Just sayin'

:'(

I'm in Australia! Woolies has them!

Lindt balls are no longer stupid... The gingerbread ones finally made it to our shops last week! I had been looking every day since you let me know :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member

Lindt balls are no longer stupid... The gingerbread ones finally made it to our shops last week! I had been looking every day since you let me know :D

Oh, what did you think??
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

Oh, what did you think??

.... I haven't eaten one yet. I have been eating my way through massive amounts of home made rocky road instead :)