Ask A Nurse.....

1234568»

Replies

• Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »
    What is it about cleaning up waste, changing infected wounds and other icky stuff that people apparently find so sexy about nurses?

You don’t find pus and oozing wounds to be sexy?

I have never got the sexy nurse thing. Maybe cause my mum dad and brother are nurse and have seen real nurse. 50-60 year olds aren’t sexy.

So, I can’t be a real nurse unless I’m 50-60 years old?
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    What is it about cleaning up waste, changing infected wounds and other icky stuff that people apparently find so sexy about nurses?

I have never got the sexy nurse thing. Maybe cause my mum dad and brother are nurse and have seen real nurse. 50-60 year olds aren’t sexy.

I think the nurse fetish is real...
    “Hel-lo Nurse!”
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member

No, but most nurses I see are 50-60+ which contributes to my not getting the sexy nurse concept :tongue:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member

Plus you would be sexy because you are sexy, not because you are a nurse.

Like what about your job do you think people find sexy? Or is it you that is sexy and would remain sexy regardless of career choice.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member

Like what about your job do you think people find sexy? Or is it you that is sexy and would remain sexy regardless of career choice.

This is a valid question...kinda like the sexy teacher ...what about kid snot or throw up is sexy? :D

And @Merrysailor5 is sexy :*
  • Merrysailor5
    jkou77 wrote: »

This is a valid question...kinda like the sexy teacher ...what about kid snot or throw up is sexy? :D

According to @jkou77 I’m just sexy. So there ya have it. Thanks doll face <3
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member

Nurses are sexy because of the care, compassion, and love they put into their job. It's very emotionally draining work, and to see someone put such devotion into their job highly appealing. Yes, this can happen elsewhere. But, not as much as seen in nursing. At least from my perspective.

Yeah, it can be absolutely nasty. But, it takes a special person to work in a field such as nursing, medical, first responder, cop, etc. It's a bit of a twisted humour, and being able to crack a joke when there are serious times.

There's more. But, that's the gist of it for me.
  • Merrysailor5

Nurses are sexy because of the care, compassion, and love they put into their job. It's very emotionally draining work, and to see someone put such devotion into their job highly appealing. Yes, this can happen elsewhere. But, not as much as seen in nursing. At least from my perspective.

Yeah, it can be absolutely nasty. But, it takes a special person to work in a field such as nursing, medical, first responder, cop, etc. It's a bit of a twisted humour, and being able to crack a joke when there are serious times.

There's more. But, that's the gist of it for me.

THIS.

Thank you.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    My son is a nurse. So he is scheduled to work 6 twelve hour shifts this week. He is always cashing in his vacation. Why does it seem that there is such a shortage of nurses to cover shifts?