Goal weight 120lbs

2»

Replies

• Truthfully, I am 5”4 and 145 is what I’ve always felt comfortable at. Comfortable in the sense where I couldn’t get any lower without too much effort to keep it there. I always aimed for 130, and by always, I’m talking six years. It was always my goal but I know I can’t stay there when I get there. The lowest I ever got was 135 and I felt it was always too low to maintain. Maybe it’s just me, but I look at this number as just that, a number. If you’re happy with the way your clothes fit, why should you need to change anything else? And why should a number rule your life?
  • LorraineDurnin
    LorraineDurnin Posts: 2 Member
    Hey, I’m 5”1 and 165. Biggest Iv ever been
  • Lauburn12
    Lauburn12 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi , I’m 5”1 and 165. I was always in the 130's but I my weight has been up the last two years. I have tried everything!! Enough is enough. I would love to get back into the 130's then aim for 125.
  • aleikita
    aleikita Posts: 215 Member
    Truthfully, I am 5”4 and 145 is what I’ve always felt comfortable at. Comfortable in the sense where I couldn’t get any lower without too much effort to keep it there. I always aimed for 130, and by always, I’m talking six years. It was always my goal but I know I can’t stay there when I get there. The lowest I ever got was 135 and I felt it was always too low to maintain. Maybe it’s just me, but I look at this number as just that, a number. If you’re happy with the way your clothes fit, why should you need to change anything else? And why should a number rule your life?
    I am happy that you are content with your weight but health journeys are very personal and I am absolutely not happy with my weight. Until a few years ago I was very fit and have weighed around 120 lbs my entire adult life so this is not a number that just fell out of the sky. At 4 months pregnant with my 4th child I was diagnosed with SPD which causes severe pelvic pain and the pain lasted about a year so exercise was definitely not on my to do list. Furthermore I have excess amount of belly fat and as a registered nurse I understand the links between it and health risks and with 4 beautiful children I want to do everything I can to be on this earth as long as possible. Finally I recently read an interview that Kelly Clarkson did and she stated that she is happier than she has ever been at her current weight despite the fact that the world judges her for being overweight but like I said in the beginning that is her choice and her life journey so who’s to judge her.