Santa Sprint! Week 2 (12/8-12/14)

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Sick again...or just finally come down with the thing we've had since Thanksgiving. I thought I'd gotten rid of that, even though they all hadn't. We're almost never sick so all this is complete BS. :rage:

oh well. I've been counting the 2 C's and working out as per the usual. And the scale has been looking at me and going "Whut? You want me to do something?" Turd...

I'll try to manage a slow uphill walk on the Dreadmill, while watching an episode of Supernatural this afternoon.
    I'm having a really hard time with the Christmas spirit this year since everyone is sick...maybe I'll watch a dumb Christmas movie/romance instead of Supernatural while slogging on the evil torture device?

Later, gators. animated-smileys-christmas-042.gif

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Week 2, 30 min per day:

#Shalieve <3
    Completed week 1 with:
    12/1: health walk 2+ miles >3.5mph
    12/2: stationary recumbent
    12/3: aerobic/calisthenics
    12/4: stationary recumbent
    12/5: fitnessblender
    12/6: step aerobics
    12/7: kettlebell
    12/8: stationary recumbent
    12/9: YAYOG (you are your own gym)
    12/10: Stationary recumbent
    12/11: Yoga

12/12: Fitnessblender

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Log :)
    Net Carbs under 25 :)
    at least 30 minutes of exercise :( I did get a 20 minute walk, but not more
    plan tomorrows food :)
    IF :| I managed to make it to lunch today. It was all mental and I wasn't even hungry
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    What were my goals again? Dang, this is why I need to log every day. What a dummy.

Vitamins-couldn't even remember to look for them. Putting a reminder on my phone right now for going forward. Done!
    Water-Some but not enough
    Activity-on my feet baking Sat and Sun then 12 mile sight-seeing walk through Manhattan Monday. Yesterday I rested.
    Carbs and Cals-great Sat-Sun, not great Mon-Tues

More baking tonight (stuff I love from my childhood but I give it all away)
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    @baconslave sending you a feel better hug!
    I'm with you on not being in the Christmas spirit much. It's ridiculously hot here (Australia) which kind of leaves little space for Xmas atmosphere!

After 3 weeks of finding it super easy on lower and lower carb high fat I've found myself increasingly hungry over the last few days and then yesterday I ate probably 3 days worth of food. I didn't have cravings for anything in particular just FOOD!!! My stomach was literally growling, so it wasn't just psychological. I stayed away from carbs except for 2 dried dates and a nectarine when I thought perhaps fruit sugar would finally stop the need to eat.

Then this morning I'm down on the scales. What?! Perhaps I'll see a gain from yesterday in a few days' time? If I had over-eaten on carbs I would've seen a gain just from water weight the next day so it's all a bit new and weird to me.

Hoping the hunger stays away today...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Throw down today- with a bag of toffee butter nuts.
    I lost.
    They're gone now, and I'm back on track as of 4pm.
    Carbs are still in LC range overall , but it was not planned.
    Might skip one day of weigh-in, might not. Should just be real and face it.
    Am trying to remind myself that I've been making progress when I stick to the plan.

Grocery trips can get a little hairy sometimes... It's like all common sense leaves my brain and I make these illogical rationalizations and fantastical eating bargains with myself.

I really should make a list and pay someone to go in the store and do the actual shopping. No temptations that way! Maybe when I get more work hours, I will.

(Still surviving the holidays...mostly.) Have a good night, pals.
  • baconslave
    elize7 wrote: »
    Throw down today- with a bag of toffee butter nuts.
    I lost.
    They're gone now, and I'm back on track as of 4pm.
    Carbs are still in LC range overall , but it was not planned.
    Might skip one day of weigh-in, might not. Should just be real and face it.
    Am trying to remind myself that I've been making progress when I stick to the plan.

Grocery trips can get a little hairy sometimes... It's like all common sense leaves my brain and I make these illogical rationalizations and fantastical eating bargains with myself.

I really should make a list and pay someone to go in the store and do the actual shopping. No temptations that way! Maybe when I get more work hours, I will.

(Still surviving the holidays...mostly.) Have a good night, pals.

Fall down 7 times? Get up 8.
    Kudos for not letting the cart drag you. Got right back up? Learned from the experience? Check and check. You're doing good. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    @baconslave sending you a feel better hug!
    I'm with you on not being in the Christmas spirit much. It's ridiculously hot here (Australia) which kind of leaves little space for Xmas atmosphere!

After 3 weeks of finding it super easy on lower and lower carb high fat I've found myself increasingly hungry over the last few days and then yesterday I ate probably 3 days worth of food. I didn't have cravings for anything in particular just FOOD!!! My stomach was literally growling, so it wasn't just psychological. I stayed away from carbs except for 2 dried dates and a nectarine when I thought perhaps fruit sugar would finally stop the need to eat.

Then this morning I'm down on the scales. What?! Perhaps I'll see a gain from yesterday in a few days' time? If I had over-eaten on carbs I would've seen a gain just from water weight the next day so it's all a bit new and weird to me.

Hoping the hunger stays away today...

Thank you.
    Sometimes the body is holding water in the fat cells like a placeholder waiting for a signal it can handle the change to the system, they are aren't going to be refilled. Maybe feeding your appetite was the signal it wanted.
    Other than carb-refeed water or water-shed from depleting glycogen (keto 1st week whoosh), many changes you see on the scale today were up to 2 weeks in the making.

I'm so glad we live in winter during Christmas. Though last year we had a warm front and it was 70F on Xmas eve and Day. :rage: That would be 21 for you? Not roasting, but no Winter Wonderland. It's easier to travel to fam though when the weather isn't hairy.
  • bozmo
    report for 12/13
    at least 30 minutes of exercise :) I went for a 5k jog even though it was snowing and there was an inch on the ground. Yeah I could have gone to the gym and hit the treadmill, but I really prefer being outside.
    plan tomorrows food :) I have an asian keto salad planned
    IF :) I've ramped back to 16:8. That schedule i pretty easy, anything more is a bit challenging. As I'm new to this I would rather succeed than push it.

I was looking at recipies on the diet doctor website. Looks yummy. Has anyone tried them? I want to try some of the 'breads"
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    @elize7 Do you have online grocery shopping in your area? I have not used it but know some who have. You request what you want, they pack it up and it's waiting for you at your convenience.

Water was good yesterday
    Took my vitamins out and out them on the counter before bed where they still are this morning.
    Carbs & Cals, not sure-before 4pm was good but I made toffee last night and I ate some (spoken in my head as Forest Gump).
    Activity was being on my feet instead of on the couch.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Hi peeps! Plugging along...doing well...just busy.
  • baconslave
    Cadori wrote: »
    Hi peeps! Plugging along...doing well...just busy.

Hey, there ya are, chickie!
    It's a crazy time of year. I mean, Life is always Cheshire Cat mad, but it's even more insane with the Christmas Crazy upon us.
    Good to see you.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    @baconslave how are you feeling today, any better? Yes, Xmas needs to be freezing and preferably white!

Thanks for your reply. Had to read the first few sentences a few times. Fat cells holding water waiting for a signal that it can handle the change... interesting!
    I read up on some of the science behind LCHF but hadn't come across this.
    After 5 years on MFP and being hungry most of the time and eating less than I'd like to, it just seems so strange that I again ate 1600 calories vs the 1200 I'm aiming for to achieve a 500g loss a week, yet I had another loss on the scales this morning. Still not trusting it, but I've consumed many times more fat than ever in my life, yet I haven't gained actual fat in my body. I know that's the whole idea, it's just such a shift.
    You write this could have been 2 weeks in the making, and actually, after the initial water loss of 800g the scales hadn't moved for 2 weeks. I'm rambling on about myself, it's just such an adjustment, mentally, and I like to make sense of things... I was a vegetarian for most of my life.

• kpk54
    12/13: Nothin'. Wait. I take that back. I spent 7 hours climbing up and down a ladder painting interior trim. Not how I usually spend my day and my arms are so sore today I'll count it as 30 minutes of upper body workout. :p I was hanging on for dear life. Isometrics.

12/14: 30 minutes. Fitnessblender. Lower body.
  • bozmo
    at least 30 minutes of exercise :( nope
    plan tomorrows food :) asian salad for lunch and chicken masala for dinner!
    IF 16:8 :)

I don't fell like I'm losing (and refuse to weigh myself until the 22) but my husband said he notices I'm getting a little smaller. so I'll take that as a little victory!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Accountability works, Mimi, WHEN you check in.. oops. I've been working HARD on getting 100oz of water in daily. If coffee counted, I'd be well over without a problem. It's all good. I met with the trainer last night, have my plan, so I will continue that for the rest of the month, as promised. Eating is just okay - the office mixed nuts with the most ENORMOUS macadamias ever are finally gone. It may or may not have happened the day I was left alone in the office all say, just me and the jar... a tiny dark chocolate bar and 2 chocolate covered pretzels. I'm good.
  • baconslave
    edited December 2017
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Eating nuts like Baconslave:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5319072

Those things are the devil...

Quoting isn't working for me this morning. :rage:
    I'll have Week 3 up momentarily, hopefully. :smirk:

EDIT: Or not, I'll try again in a couple hours. MFP!!! :rage::rage::rage:
  • kpk54
    In keeping with my goal of addressing little tasks.... thanks for the reminder @baconslave to go out and grease the bird feeder. My DH took a pic of a squirrel hanging upside down on one the other day. Greasing the pole has worked in the past. It is a great use for a cooking oil I have but no longer use for cooking.
  • baconslave
    Ok, it's ugly since my quoting still doesn't work.
    But it's the new week:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10622899/santa-sprint-week-3-12-15-12-21/p1?new=1