Pilates

Options
haileysmine
haileysmine Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
A few years ago, someone gave me Pilates Reformer because they never used it. I must have been having a good day that day and decided I would use it!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it's been leaning up against my bedroom wall for 3 years now!!!! Has anyone used one of these? Can you give me any pointers on how to use it?

Replies

• haileysmine
    Options
    A few years ago, someone gave me Pilates Reformer because they never used it. I must have been having a good day that day and decided I would use it!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it's been leaning up against my bedroom wall for 3 years now!!!! Has anyone used one of these? Can you give me any pointers on how to use it?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you have the resources, it would be definitely worth your while to have a session with a pilates instructor. I did pilates with a video, and then had a private session and the difference is unbelievable. So much of pilates is specific technique, and even one time with a trainer will increase your results (and recuce the chance of injury).

There's a great book called "The Pilates Body", but that only covers matwork.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.