General Chat

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83
    haha yeah Monday nights may be cheaper out? but you pay more in morning

and that is a tres posh bottle of wine!! tasty!

I don't think it's any cheaper here really, aside from a couple of studenty bars the drink is exorbitant most night's of the week everywhere. It has discouraged me from drinking as much as I did when I lived back home though - small victories.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    @tinkerbellang83
    haha yeah Monday nights may be cheaper out? but you pay more in morning

and that is a tres posh bottle of wine!! tasty!

I don't think it's any cheaper here really, aside from a couple of studenty bars the drink is exorbitant most night's of the week everywhere. It has discouraged me from drinking as much as I did when I lived back home though - small victories.

ah fairy snuff. we get a few more bars doing 241 Mon-Thurs :) in the glorious land of Coventry :p
  • tinkerbellang83
    It's like the euro equivalent of £5 a pint standard here or £7 for a spirit & mixer with the exception of Wetherspoons.
  • beerfoamy
    It's like the euro equivalent of £5 a pint standard here or £7 for a spirit & mixer with the exception of Wetherspoons.

*gak*
    :'(
  • tinkerbellang83
    I have absolutely no idea why I thought last week that watching Star Wars at the cinema tonight was a good idea - anyone been to see it yet?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    I have absolutely no idea why I thought last week that watching Star Wars at the cinema tonight was a good idea - anyone been to see it yet?

No. My teen boy and partner loved it. I don't like the new ones. I am old school twee really badly scripted old ones (the first three)....

• tinkerbellang83
    nexangelus wrote: »

No. My teen boy and partner loved it. I don't like the new ones. I am old school twee really badly scripted old ones (the first three)....

The newer ones are far better than the three prequels they released. I love the original 3 too
  • beerfoamy
    I would like to see it, but don't class it as star wars - original 3 for the win. Bit like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is not an Indiana Jones film in my brain!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Ooh it is quiet in here! *echoes* (peeked head in weekly weigh in, comment meant for there but posting in here to keep on topic)

Will check in tomorrow, as harbouring a two day number 2 and waiting to see if water weight settles cos eating all the umame things. If weight is same then been consuming too many cals for comfy gain. Although clothes fit and measurements stable. Apart from half inch drop in bicep measurement but suspect that was due to post upper body pump lol!

Weight today is 170.2 I predicted it to be 168.8 using last three weeks trends, etc. Will post whatever it is tomorrow in weigh-in...
  • tinkerbellang83
    Yeah I am still not 100% lol Although I did sleep like the dead last night.

My daily weigh in yesterday was fabulous on account of the dehydration and mostly liquid diet but I wasn't kidding myself it would stay that way after re-hydrating and eating pizza, have gone from lowest weight ever to highest in a month overnight :lol:

Looking forward to a run/weight session and an early night tonight.
  • beerfoamy
    very quiet!! :)

nice tracking! I am never where the trends say I should be.
    'Stuck' at 178 at the moment but just trying not to gain over Christmas and now next weigh in will be 3rd Jan. We shall see! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    I am still hovering around the 100kg (220lb) mark at the moment. Yesterday was 97.7kg which is the lightest I've been in over 5 years but back up to 100.6kg this morning.

I am not expecting miracles this week to be fair, I will be happy if I maintain or have a small loss the next week or two.

You may or may not have seen that I somehow let myself be persuaded at the Christmas Party to into taking part in a rowing race in June, which means that's something else I am going to have to train for now :cry: the company has already agreed to sponsor us with a boat, etc so there is no backing out now - damn you red wine and ego!
  • beerfoamy
    real row boat?! hardcore! looks amazing though and a good number of team members.
    And rowing is fun! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    real row boat?! hardcore! looks amazing though and a good number of team members.
    And rowing is fun! :D

I have absolutely no idea what constitutes a real row boat or otherwise lol aside from some time on the ergometer back in my teen days I haven't the first clue about boat related activities (I hate being in the sea :lol:)
  • beerfoamy
    to me a real row boat is one on water - not just sat on rowing machine in gym and being sponsored :)

that red wine really got you a good'un didn't it?
  • tinkerbellang83
    to me a real row boat is one on water - not just sat on rowing machine in gym and being sponsored :)

Sure did! 2 more bottles of wine appeared on my desk today too - a gift from our director.
  • beerfoamy

Sure did! 2 more bottles of wine appeared on my desk today too - a gift from our director.

awesome! very nice director!!
  • tinkerbellang83

awesome! very nice director!!

They are very good to us, small family run company perks.
  • beerfoamy
    how is everyone's thurs shaping up?

Forgot my protein shake again - so have bacon
    last full day before a week and a bit off - yay!!

swam this morn, but not the 3km I wanted, needed 10 extra mins in bed more - did a mile though (64 lengths) and got a PB on 100m sprint (1:32)

:D and noone is really in office so nothing really urgent to be done
  • tinkerbellang83
    how is everyone's thurs shaping up?

Forgot my protein shake again - so have bacon
    last full day before a week and a bit off - yay!!

swam this morn, but not the 3km I wanted, needed 10 extra mins in bed more - did a mile though (64 lengths) and got a PB on 100m sprint (1:32)

:D and noone is really in office so nothing really urgent to be done

I feel so terrible for you, all that bacon :lol:

I have loads to do at work but have zero motivation.