Silly Life Goals (or Not)

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    I never want to get married again

So sorry marriage did work out for you. Maybe someday you will feel different about il. Good luck.

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    To be so happy it makes everyone else around me nauseous.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I want to:
    Solve a crime
    Save a life
    Get my black belt
    Visit Europe again
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    kace_kay wrote: »
    To be able to master the winged eyeliner look
    eyelinerproblems-450x306.jpg

I'd definitely be that last one. I suck with makeup application. :D
  • KosmosKitten
    Another goal: I would eventually like to homestead. Get land somewhere far from any town, build my own place and subsist mostly off the land. This includes gardening, owning chickens and small livestock, sheep for wool and the ability to manufacture almost everything I need from the land.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Another goal: I would eventually like to homestead. Get land somewhere far from any town, build my own place and subsist mostly off the land. This includes gardening, owning chickens and small livestock, sheep for wool and the ability to manufacture almost everything I need from the land.

Precisely! This would be living the dream! Wind and solar power, borehole water, recycling grey water, learning to make goats milk cheese!!
  • KosmosKitten

Precisely! This would be living the dream! Wind and solar power, borehole water, recycling grey water, learning to make goats milk cheese!!

To add to this, I kinda want an Earthship house, but I don't like the designs/features of the ones they currently offer to help you build. I'd most likely end up hiring an architect to help me design the most efficient (and safe) recycled home I could since some of the Earthship designs have some pretty dangerous problems.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    I want to take a vacation on a secluded beach with the love of my life. Of course I'd have to find that person. Silly right? Yeah I know.
  • KosmosKitten
    I want to live in a forest in a tree house fort in which you never touch the ground and traverse from tree to tree via natural tree bridges and stairs/ladders leading down that don't harm the trees. Preferably near running water.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Also want to be a wizard.

This can happen. How insane are you willing to become? PM for wizard details.

I'm already insane! How close am I?

Also I want to find someone I can grow old with...Yeah, absolutely ridiculous!

That's not the least bit crazy. The world is filled with people. Even a fairly small city like mine...hundreds of thousands of people.

There could be 50 people your exact situation, whatever it is...or more! And you don't need 50 people, but just 1.

People get divorced, then remarried. Widowed...remarried. People enjoy each others company. They already want it to happen.

It's not for everybody, and there is nothing wrong with exploring life on your own. There's so many awesome things about that as well.

But, I do believe people who don't want to be alone don't have to be...it is just...gotta be brave. I'm finding that's how I have to live and I'm married!

Can't be complacent...life will pass you by. Fight, fight, fight for what you want to happen and don't give up.

If you stop trying? So does the universe. You have to expend energy to create things that you want.

That's a wizard lesson!

Thank you! I am still a bit jaded and cynical and not too keen on repeating past mistakes. Hopefully I will be ready when the opportunity arises
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I'd like to build an Earthship style home.
    I want to make tamales.
    I'd like to travel by train.
    I'd like to visit Canada.
    I want to do a fun podcast with my dh.
    I'd like to paint a mural.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I want to have a sandwich named after me.

I want to have a drink named after me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

I want to have a disease named after me.

You know, like Lou Gehrig Disease... only not that serious, maybe a fun disease?

Like chronically pouty lips or an idiopathic urge to dance.
  • KosmosKitten
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

I want to have a disease named after me.

You know, like Lou Gehrig Disease... only not that serious, maybe a fun disease?

Like chronically pouty lips or an idiopathic urge to dance.

You too, huh? :D
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    I'd like to be immortalized in the world of warcraft as perhaps a goblin or an ogre