General Chat

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    how is everyone's thurs shaping up?

Forgot my protein shake again - so have bacon
    last full day before a week and a bit off - yay!!

swam this morn, but not the 3km I wanted, needed 10 extra mins in bed more - did a mile though (64 lengths) and got a PB on 100m sprint (1:32)

:D and noone is really in office so nothing really urgent to be done

I feel so terrible for you, all that bacon :lol:

I have loads to do at work but have zero motivation.

yep, had to do it yesterday too! slightly peeved at the spending money, but I can't seem to remember the protein shaker! gah. and bacon makes it all better!

yeah motivation dies a death this week at work!

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    how is everyone's thurs shaping up?

Forgot my protein shake again - so have bacon
    last full day before a week and a bit off - yay!!

swam this morn, but not the 3km I wanted, needed 10 extra mins in bed more - did a mile though (64 lengths) and got a PB on 100m sprint (1:32)

:D and noone is really in office so nothing really urgent to be done

I feel so terrible for you, all that bacon :lol:

I have loads to do at work but have zero motivation.

yep, had to do it yesterday too! slightly peeved at the spending money, but I can't seem to remember the protein shaker! gah. and bacon makes it all better!

yeah motivation dies a death this week at work!

I think mine may have vanished a little while before that ha. It's taken me 2 hours to write half my to-do list for the day - oh deer*

*pun intended
  • beerfoamy
    lol
    it does become a challenge though - how long can you make one email last? 30mins! hah
  • tinkerbellang83
    I have stealth skiving down to a fine art now - web version of whatsapp and myfitnesspal on tabs behind our online database :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    there's a web version of whatsapp?!?!?!?!
    life altering!!

I have my phone by side of keyboard for surreptitious reading of sarah's scribbles at the moment but yes, mfp, hotmail, behind 'work'

also arena.xls - excel spreadsheet which is an rpg game. really good fun!

• beerfoamy
    omg omg omg I have whatsapp on the computer!!! I may never work again!
  • tinkerbellang83

:D yeah you can do the same with viber too.
  • beerfoamy

don't know that one. I should stop with whatsapp! haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited December 2017

don't know that one. I should stop with whatsapp! haha

Very similar to Whatsapp/Skype, I only use it because some of the Eastern European crew use it and it's easier to chat to them if there's issues with their travel than stuff getting lost in translation between my accent and theirs.
  • beerfoamy
    clever!

we have skype for business, but it doesn't really help with the broken English of people abroad on the project teams. :/
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Hello!! I’ve finally joined.

I’m having a rough time here with my head playing games with me. Going over and around, figuring how much faster I could lose if I cut my calories back.

Which has shown to only add stress. And binge eating. And subsequent gain.

I’ve been losing at 1800 calories. And I’m definitely not hungry all the time.

I just thought maybe venting would help me. Thanks for listening.
  • tinkerbellang83

I’m having a rough time here with my head playing games with me. Going over and around, figuring how much faster I could lose if I cut my calories back.

My head is always playing games with me and vice versa, I have myself set for 1650, because I want to eat around 1750 but in all honesty I am edging closer to 1850 on average across the week the last month or so.

I've kind of come to accept that the second half of my weight loss is going to be much slower than the first half and I am ok with that, I feel pretty fit and healthy even though I am still in the "Obese" category of the BMI chart.
  • beerfoamy

Heya!

It's a hard thing to break out of, the wanting it to go really quickly.

1800cals and not being hungry is great and what is important. (similar to what I am on :) )

venting always helps me! vent away! tinkerbellang83 has made some great threads and posts as well that are great to read through and remind yourself that slow is good and fine and better for you! :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    clever!

we have skype for business, but it doesn't really help with the broken English of people abroad on the project teams. :/

Oh dear, I've had that in previous jobs where I had to work with a lot of oversea's teams. So much can get lost in translation. Luckily most of our guys have great written and spoken English, it's just they have such heavy Baltic accents, then my weird hybrid northerner-Cork twang doesn't help ha
  • tinkerbellang83

Heya!

It's a hard thing to break out of, the wanting it to go really quickly.

1800cals and not being hungry is great and what is important. (similar to what I am on :) )

venting always helps me! vent away! tinkerbellang83 has made some great threads and posts as well that are great to read through and remind yourself that slow is good and fine and better for you! :)

I actually collated some of the most helpful posts (not all mine) here in this group as well http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10561068/useful-community-board-posts#latest
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Thursday started out all chaos and is becoming all things falling into place...lots to catch up as had morning off. Lunched and snacked. Bring on end of day!
  • beerfoamy
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Thursday started out all chaos and is becoming all things falling into place...lots to catch up as had morning off. Lunched and snacked. Bring on end of day!

nice one!
    and yes please let the end of the day come soon!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    My day is not going to plan at all, I don't have a car, so asked to borrow a friends, was expecting this to be tomorrow, but now it's today so won't be much in the way of steps going on today as already had to get a taxi in with a bunch of christmas presents I needed to send over to Wales.

So instead of going out for my run tonight I will be doing the stuff I was going to do with the car tomorrow waaaaaahhhh

Also got invited along to an event in the city at 8pm so not sure if I will have time to even get some weights in tonight :disappointed:
  • beerfoamy
    My day is not going to plan at all, I don't have a car, so asked to borrow a friends, was expecting this to be tomorrow, but now it's today so won't be much in the way of steps going on today as already had to get a taxi in with a bunch of christmas presents I needed to send over to Wales.

So instead of going out for my run tonight I will be doing the stuff I was going to do with the car tomorrow waaaaaahhhh

Also got invited along to an event in the city at 8pm so not sure if I will have time to even get some weights in tonight :disappointed:

can you do weights and steps tomorrow? in the same way you are doing car stuff today?
    or does it impact rest days for weights? (that's what I hate about plans changing - sometimes you can't 'just do weights tomorrow')

• tinkerbellang83

can you do weights and steps tomorrow? in the same way you are doing car stuff today?
    or does it impact rest days for weights? (that's what I hate about plans changing - sometimes you can't 'just do weights tomorrow')

I was meant to be doing Run today, weights tomorrow, run sat, weights sun. The thing is I had a half day tomorrow so I had plenty of time to do everything. I am trying to get 10000 min steps in per day every day, even on my rest days so I can try and ramp it up a bit but will be driving the car into work tomorrow as well.

But hey I guess I just have to roll with it, beggars can't be choosers and on a positive note the supermarket will probably be quieter tonight than it would be tomorrow and I guess I can double up my workouts tomorrow with the free time I now have, just means I will have to run in the rain on Xmas Eve so I have a rest day in-between lol