Workout Buddies

Are any of you avid exercisers? I am and I credit it to part of my weight loss. Exercise used to be the thing I didn't struggle with; it was food. Now the food isn't so much of a struggle but the exercise is. I used to workout 3 to 5 days a week. Now I'm lucky if I get in 1 day. I generally do classes at the gym (spin, tabatta etc) or run on my own. To tell the truth, I really dislike my gym right now and think the classes are limited.

I was wondering if any of you would like to start a group to check in and motivate each other to workout. We could share workout playlists and just generally be accountable to each other to get out there and workout.

Anybody in?

Replies

• gracedickson
    gracedickson Posts: 1 Member
    I’m in! Same - former athlete but now I struggle to get my workouts in. Would love a group! Let me know what I can do!
  • ericcastillo09
    ericcastillo09 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey whats sup Im down i just started MFP. Lets do it !!!
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    I’m in! I workout about 4-5 times a week!
  • valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Yay! Good to hear from ya'll. I just think it would be cool if we could check in in this thread give each other support. So I'll start. I'm going to go to spin after work or I'm going to run. I haven't worked out in two weeks. *cringe*

Feel free to add me!
  • djsoos
    djsoos Posts: 135 Member
    I'd like to join. Please add me!! I will jump on my bicycle(wind trainer) for my first work out. Good luck all.
  • djsoos
    Bike on trainer/5:48pm-6:48pm eastern time :):)
    1 hr/HR avg 130
    12.2 miles
    16mph :max
    12.3mph:avg
  • valcandothis
    Spin 50 minutes. And my instructor wasn't annoying!
  • Big_Game_James
    Big_Game_James Posts: 29 Member
    I did really well earlier this year. Dropped 30 lbs since last Thanksgiving. Then got lazy right before vacation in October. Then hurt my back. Now I'm up 20 lbs, trying to get back on my workouts and tracking my food. I could use the motivation.
  • Lance1545
    Lance1545 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in. I'm very active in the summer but become a couch potato during winter.
  • djsoos
    This thread is my "kick in the butt". Going to weight train and or walk on the treadmill today. Hope I don't seem obsessive and annoying, just real excited. Btw ,I'm off work this week and know it may be tough to get workouts in as Christmas nears so I'll bump it up now.
  • valcandothis
    djsoos wrote: »
    This thread is my "kick in the butt". Going to weight train and or walk on the treadmill today. Hope I don't seem obsessive and annoying, just real excited. Btw ,I'm off work this week and know it may be tough to get workouts in as Christmas nears so I'll bump it up now.

You definitely don't sound annoying or obsessive. Just pumped!

• djsoos
    You may have to receive credit for finally getting me motivated. Weight training today at 12:30pm eastern .
    1hr3mins. Avg HR 120
    Arms and Shoulders.
  • Big_Game_James
    Big_Game_James Posts: 29 Member
    90 mins of strength training with a little treadmill cardio to finish up.
  • valcandothis
    You all are kicking butt. I think I'm going to hit the gym and run this afternoon as a result. No workout yesterday because I had a work engagement in the evening. Tomorrow is usually my big day when I do two classes at the gym. Tabatta and Turbo Kick. I'm looking for new music for my Spotify playlist. Any suggestions? My Spotify subscription is what keeps me going at the gym.
  • djsoos
    edited December 2017
    I wish I had recommendations but somewhere between the late 80's and early 2000's I lost my expert music status.
    I will stay tuned for the choices others may mention.
  • stonedog1
    stonedog1 Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2017
    Feel free to add me i gym 5-6 days per week and walk 15-20'000 steps a day and credit working out to weight loss for me they go hand in hand i have lost 49lb so far.
    40 min lifting workout 10 mins crosstrainer workout 17'000 steps.
  • miketau2
    miketau2 Posts: 29 Member
    I am in! I will add everyone now. My goal is to loose slowly, safely, and for good. I am working on clean eating and live to work out. Can't wait to hear what you guys are doing!
  • djsoos
    Welcome, this thread seems to be heading in the right direction !!! I ate terrible yesterday but will shake it off and work out today. Look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!
  • miketau2
    miketau2 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks djsoos!!! Workout complete! And that is with three kids running around, home for winter break... Yup. Success smells great at any hour. :DB)
  • djsoos
    I see lots of participation, good job everyone!! Looks like 6 workouts reported with possibly 2 more on the way.
    (all in 2 days) We are killin' it!!!