2018 Non Scale Commitments (New Years Resolutions)

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    M
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    eyyyyy krissy mine are all internal me focused and i happen to always be single. twins n *kitten*. Lets do this we got this :p

Mines focused on minimizing things i dont need and maximizing experiences. I want to say no to stuff i dont need, And yes to things i have no real reason not to do. Focus on keeping my house a calm clean space (and get rid of all the stuff i hoard >.> ) and sort of feel out the scary outer world and stuff. Get some hobbies. Make some friends. Focus on health and nutrition vs just weight loss. Its my year :D

edit: i made a full google doc of it earlier it seems todays the day to think of this stuff hah. I have year goals and month goals seperated into weeks. I have all year to focus on me why rush. January im having a 2 week challenge of strictly clean (dont gimme the whole what is clean thing we all know what i mean :D ) for the first 2 weeks of the year. possibly the full month who knows, And 4 parts of sorting and cleaning my house seperated into weekly goals.

Gona be a good month focused on relaxing myself and my space and sort of resetting in health mode after christmas :D

Maybe we can do some challenges together. I really want January to be a start on the right foot now
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited December 2017
    M
    eyyyyy krissy mine are all internal me focused and i happen to always be single. twins n *kitten*. Lets do this we got this :p

Mines focused on minimizing things i dont need and maximizing experiences. I want to say no to stuff i dont need, And yes to things i have no real reason not to do. Focus on keeping my house a calm clean space (and get rid of all the stuff i hoard >.> ) and sort of feel out the scary outer world and stuff. Get some hobbies. Make some friends. Focus on health and nutrition vs just weight loss. Its my year :D

edit: i made a full google doc of it earlier it seems todays the day to think of this stuff hah. I have year goals and month goals seperated into weeks. I have all year to focus on me why rush. January im having a 2 week challenge of strictly clean (dont gimme the whole what is clean thing we all know what i mean :D ) for the first 2 weeks of the year. possibly the full month who knows, And 4 parts of sorting and cleaning my house seperated into weekly goals.

Gona be a good month focused on relaxing myself and my space and sort of resetting in health mode after christmas :D

Maybe we can do some challenges together. I really want January to be a start on the right foot now

super down :D I already set a few up for me, We can make some for we :p None of us are overly social in our journeys (were both very self motivated lol) but we do well together anyway :p

Edit: seems like as good a place as any to wish you a merry christmas :D im forever around to slide into PM with if you need some support, ever :)
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Good commitment list!! I would like to travel more, not be tempted to cut my hair, and spend less time trying to stress about wedding planning. I'm getting married in 2018 ^_^
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    My commitment for 2018 is to be involved/participate in as many activities as I can that interest me. Officially retired as of January 5 - now on vacation - and the plan is to live every moment. I have been quite active to this point but see retirement as a whole new opportunity.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    My sincere respect, Kriss, for leaving your boyfriend. Sounds like he was trying to make you stay with him out of guilt. That's yet another reason to leave him, on top of his nasty and creepy behaviour.

Bravo yet again for your courage! You've shown it in your wins against BED and obesity, and yet again here.

So proud to know you and see your emergence as a happier person.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited December 2017
    In 2018, I’m going to wear sunscreen every day, rain or shine. I would encourage everyone to do the same. Skin cancer is ugly, painful and mostly avoidable.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    In 2018, I’m going to wear sunscreen every day, rain or shine. I would encourage everyone to do the same. Skin cancer is ugly, painful and mostly avoidable.

+1
    Just started doing this, been sleeping on taking care of my skin for way too long.
  • EllieElla2015
    EllieElla2015 Posts: 67 Member
    Hm, wow I’m going to start wearing sunscreen as well!

Other resolutions include:
    1.) Have a structured life to be able to do things I love. I waste so much time doing nothing or waiting to do the next task and not taking advantage of 20 minutes here and there and then the rest are things that need to get done and leaves me no time for hobbies,

2.) Study for GRE at least 4 hours a week.

3.) Go to Orange Theory at least 5 times a month.

Overall I’m excited for 2018. I feel a lot more in control of my life now than I ever have, even if things aren’t perfect.
  • EllieElla2015
    EllieElla2015 Posts: 67 Member
    Nice ones guys :)

I dumped my boyfriend today so I'm adding to my commitments list today.

4) I am putting my own interests first. I will value being single and by myself now and focusing on my own personal well being. I refuse to be responsible for someone else's happiness at the cost of my own happiness.

So happy for you!! The best thing I ever did for myself was stop prioritizing my boyfriends schedule over my own. He got to do all his errands and hobbies and I didn’t. That’s not a way to live and I’m happy you’re taking control again :)
  • Valeria2020
    Valeria2020 Posts: 23 Member
    1. I am going to go visit my grandma at least once a week
    2. I am gonna make new friends that can be a positive influence in my life and me in theirs
    3. I am gonna save money for a short vacation
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Gonna be responding to these soon :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

A great supplement to this is to get your skin checked out by a medical professional if you have concerns about specific moles. My family has a history of skin cancer and I finally did it this year. The doctor charted my moles so we could track them going forward, I got one mole removed (it turned out to be benign), and the whole process gave me peace of mind!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member

mph323 wrote: »

4) I am putting my own interests first. I will value being single and by myself now and focusing on my own personal well being. I refuse to be responsible for someone else's happiness at the cost of my own happiness.

I'm sorry, Kriss. I really really hope 2018 is the complete opposite of 2017 for you.

I think there was a lot of people questioning on if I knew the difference between comments made out of complete ignorance and ones made to be intentionally hurtful.

Lol.. a big sigh of relief around the world. I do.
    I am fairly tolerant of people opinions to a point.. even if I find them enraging I will take them in and process it logically.

However the boyfriends last words to me were that my father is scared to talk to me because I am skitzo-*kitten*-phranic. Every time I tried to explain that my dad isn't much of a talker over the phone so he says "uhm" or "uhh" a lot in the process he cut me off and told me to shut up and *kitten* off.

He has a problem with alcohol.. and the reason why I walked out of his life once was because he gets really obnoxious. He is egotistical and can say some hurtful things. He got drunk a few days ago because I shut my phone off and wanted to be alone and canceled our plans.

He told me while I was on the bus to see my dad that he was trying not to commit suicide because he was sad lately and that I was gone. then the next day he was drunk all day again and messaged me and said he was sad and lonely. I called 15 times and he wouldn't answer. I'm 4 hours away.. how would I know if something happened?

When he finally answered.. while I was relieved he was fine.. he was using me being at my father's as a reason to drink cause he had no one to keep him company.

I felt mad cause how can I enjoy spending time with my family while I'm worrying if he's gonna do something? (He had unsuccessfully tried twice years before I met him so it wasn't an over reaction)

But then that whole belittling conversation started. He blamed me for getting him started on the alcohol again.. but just a few days before he told me my binge eating disorder was imaginary and no one was forcing me to eat. So I should just stop paying for placebo pills that don't work and just put some effort in and just not eat.

However this same logic does not apply to him and alcohol and when I asked him about that I got silenced with more shut ups and *kitten* offs.

He told me that he often sneaks into my building and sits outside my apt door and listens but never knocks or tells me he is there. He claims this is to make sure I am still alive. I am his everything. His world. His life.

But he said he loves me and he doesn't know why anymore. I'm never happy. Doesn't understand why he stays in the relationship. He says I'm just staying in it cause I'm scared to be Alone. Then he went on the rant about how losing everything this year is my fault so I should just accept it. And then the stuff about my dad.

So I told him that he is free and it's over. He will probably drink all Christmas.. and won't sober up til his next shift. It won't be until then that he realizes what has happened.

Last time he really regretted it when I walked out.. but I gave him one more chance. There will not be another. I'm not a doormat lol.

The difference is.. I am not existing within the paradigm of his existence.. I don't need to see him every day to avoid feeling alone and depressed. He clearly did. He is going to have a hard time unfortunately.. but I can't keep putting him above myself. I've put on a lot of weight since meeting him and letting him really wear me down mentally. That changes now. I'm not going to be responsible for trying to maintain balance for his alcoholism.

Good for you! Emotional vampires are really draining, aren't they?
  • HellYeahItsKriss

I like this idea. Goals and a chart and weekly tasks for the year. I think I will do the same!
    You and I can think of some challenges to do together and I'll incorporate them into it. It will give me some drive.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Orphia wrote: »
    My sincere respect, Kriss, for leaving your boyfriend. Sounds like he was trying to make you stay with him out of guilt. That's yet another reason to leave him, on top of his nasty and creepy behaviour.

Bravo yet again for your courage! You've shown it in your wins against BED and obesity, and yet again here.

So proud to know you and see your emergence as a happier person.

Thank you. I must admit while this year has been rough.. I almost feel like the huge emotional draining moments were simply due to him.. 2018 is about change for me. He isn't gonna try and change so I will remove him and change myself and be happier. :)
  • HellYeahItsKriss

This is a good idea too. I've had to start putting it on after some laser skin treatments but it's probably a daily thing that I could do. I don't tan or go out much in the summer so it's never really crossed my mind but the sun is bad even in short bursts these days
  • HellYeahItsKriss

So happy for you!! The best thing I ever did for myself was stop prioritizing my boyfriends schedule over my own. He got to do all his errands and hobbies and I didn’t. That’s not a way to live and I’m happy you’re taking control again :)

I think that's why we never matched well in most things. I am a home body.. I don't mind going out and doing stuff but he wanted to go and do something every day.. even if it was just to walk around the grocery store or something.. I enjoy my alone time and don't desire to be on the go constantly.
  • HellYeahItsKriss

A great supplement to this is to get your skin checked out by a medical professional if you have concerns about specific moles. My family has a history of skin cancer and I finally did it this year. The doctor charted my moles so we could track them going forward, I got one mole removed (it turned out to be benign), and the whole process gave me peace of mind!

Yes.. it's probably a good idea. People always ask me about this mole on my ear etc.. and honestly I didn't even know it was there and haven't really paid much mind.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Yes.. it's probably a good idea. People always ask me about this mole on my ear etc.. and honestly I didn't even know it was there and haven't really paid much mind.

Yeah, the one I got removed was on my back and I knew it was there, but it always freaked me out because I couldn't see it well and I was worried I would miss a danger sign.

My non-scale commitment for New Years is to really, truly, and honestly aim for at least seven hours of sleep per night. There are occasions due to my job where it really isn't possible, but except for that, I want to make it happen. Not just the "uh, I'm done with my book and there's nothing on TV so I'm going to get seven hours of sleep tonight" method I've been using in 2017.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »

I'm sorry, Kriss. I really really hope 2018 is the complete opposite of 2017 for you.

I think there was a lot of people questioning on if I knew the difference between comments made out of complete ignorance and ones made to be intentionally hurtful.

Lol.. a big sigh of relief around the world. I do.
    I am fairly tolerant of people opinions to a point.. even if I find them enraging I will take them in and process it logically.

However the boyfriends last words to me were that my father is scared to talk to me because I am skitzo-*kitten*-phranic. Every time I tried to explain that my dad isn't much of a talker over the phone so he says "uhm" or "uhh" a lot in the process he cut me off and told me to shut up and *kitten* off.

He has a problem with alcohol.. and the reason why I walked out of his life once was because he gets really obnoxious. He is egotistical and can say some hurtful things. He got drunk a few days ago because I shut my phone off and wanted to be alone and canceled our plans.

He told me while I was on the bus to see my dad that he was trying not to commit suicide because he was sad lately and that I was gone. then the next day he was drunk all day again and messaged me and said he was sad and lonely. I called 15 times and he wouldn't answer. I'm 4 hours away.. how would I know if something happened?

When he finally answered.. while I was relieved he was fine.. he was using me being at my father's as a reason to drink cause he had no one to keep him company.

I felt mad cause how can I enjoy spending time with my family while I'm worrying if he's gonna do something? (He had unsuccessfully tried twice years before I met him so it wasn't an over reaction)

But then that whole belittling conversation started. He blamed me for getting him started on the alcohol again.. but just a few days before he told me my binge eating disorder was imaginary and no one was forcing me to eat. So I should just stop paying for placebo pills that don't work and just put some effort in and just not eat.

However this same logic does not apply to him and alcohol and when I asked him about that I got silenced with more shut ups and *kitten* offs.

He told me that he often sneaks into my building and sits outside my apt door and listens but never knocks or tells me he is there. He claims this is to make sure I am still alive. I am his everything. His world. His life.

But he said he loves me and he doesn't know why anymore. I'm never happy. Doesn't understand why he stays in the relationship. He says I'm just staying in it cause I'm scared to be Alone. Then he went on the rant about how losing everything this year is my fault so I should just accept it. And then the stuff about my dad.

So I told him that he is free and it's over. He will probably drink all Christmas.. and won't sober up til his next shift. It won't be until then that he realizes what has happened.

Last time he really regretted it when I walked out.. but I gave him one more chance. There will not be another. I'm not a doormat lol.

The difference is.. I am not existing within the paradigm of his existence.. I don't need to see him every day to avoid feeling alone and depressed. He clearly did. He is going to have a hard time unfortunately.. but I can't keep putting him above myself. I've put on a lot of weight since meeting him and letting him really wear me down mentally. That changes now. I'm not going to be responsible for trying to maintain balance for his alcoholism.

Good for you! Emotional vampires are really draining, aren't they?

They are. I always wake up just mentally exhausted.. cause I know that these minutes yo myself are all i would get.. in fact I often couldn't even just sleep if I wanted.

I've been struggling with insomnia. So I've been falling asleep at 4 or 5am sometimes or I will be up for almost 2 days. When I finally fall asleep.. he texts me early. I don't reply so an hour later he texts me again. If I don't reply he calls. No matter how little sleep I got before he called he always said how late in the day it was and I was being lazy and wasting it. He will call me after the gym or call me when I'm up so we can go do something.. always wanting to go do something.. I wouldn't even be awake all the way yet before he wanted to know what the plan was for the day..

Lol..