How Chritmas day went

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited December 2017
    Didn't log but I'm up 6lbs :s
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I'm down .2 lbs this morning, nice! After eating a heavy meal of lamb late in the day and lots of sodium, with not quite enough sleep, I expected to be up at least a pound. Back to my usual routine, going to run 5k. Now the next hurdle is not eating all the Christmas candy at one time!
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    I went buckwild on pasta both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Didn’t log. Didn’t excercise. Last night I weighed the same as I did Christmas Eve morning. This morning I was up .4 of a pound.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Ugh. I'm 2 pounds up. And headed to Orlando tomorrow...need to get some serious steps in!
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Im tempted to keep off the scales till feb 1st, ive tried to not indulge too much this xmas without being super possesed and still the scales say 12st 10.2 , i was 12st 5.8 after my mini woosh 4 days ago.i really havent been a pig and its getting me down.yep im not logging 100% but i just know im not being a complete pig.im hoping its water /salt etc , it just cant be fat.

So the scales are out of bounds
  • Up 3 pounds after one day (yesterday) 700 calories over maintenance.
  • Blythmag
    jaedwa1 wrote: »
    I am a gigantic ball of sodium and beer! I logged everything I could but am staying away from the scale for the next few days until my fingers return to normal size. :smile:

Hope :D
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Im tempted to keep off the scales till feb 1st, ive tried to not indulge too much this xmas without being super possesed and still the scales say 12st 10.2 , i was 12st 5.8 after my mini woosh 4 days ago.i really havent been a pig and its getting me down.yep im not logging 100% but i just know im not being a complete pig.im hoping its water /salt etc , it just cant be fat.

You'd have to have eaten 14,000 calories above maintenance to gain four pounds of fat. I think it's safe to say you didn't, even if you haven't been on top of your logging.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    edited December 2017
    Didn't log. Don't care, it's one day. Slept most of the day. Avoided most of the bad memories. Drank a fair number of calories. Didn't cry. Didn't scream at my mom on the phone. I'm calling it a win.

ETA: I would have danced but my left shoulder is being pissy.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I probably ate more on a regular weekend. Oh well. However I was busy so didn't get my workouts in. It was nice to give the bod a rest.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Christmas went really well. The day was mainly one of snacking and Christmas dinner being the only true meal of the day. I'm guessing I'm probably 2000 calories over maintenance, which isn't bad at all for a day like Christmas.

Best of all, I've managed to give away many of the extra treats we had around, so the post Christmas snacking should not be all that bad this year.
  • I logged everything and went 1000 calories over my goal (2300 vs 1300) it was worth every calorie too :) back on track today!
  • Blythmag
    Been fairly good today but the left over food and snacks hanging around have not helped.

Roll on getting back to normal as im way out of sync
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    I was told by our host there would be salad at dinner; no salad appeared. I chose glazed carrots as my veg. Big mistake: system no longer tolerates additional sugar! But I did bring my own food Christmas Eve and so this holiday was still at deficit.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I ate very cautiously. Long story short: I started having "wicked bad heartburn" on Thursday that hasn't let up, and I might have an ulcer.

I still sampled a bite or two of everything. I also tried Pannetone for the first time. I was so surprised! It looks like something the stores put out just to make sure that base is covered, but nobody actually buys. I will probably buy them every year.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Food coma...pretty much says it all :laugh:
    But..I had an awesome day, I laughed, enjoyed my family time and just chilled with no worries.

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    I didn't log and had no regrets. I didn't lose all control and go nuts, but I'd still have no regrets if I had. I'm up 3 pounds today which is right on target for a sodium filled day for me. I have no doubt the scale will be back to normal in a few days. That corned beef brisket was worth it! Mmmm!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited December 2017
    Smooth sailing :) . A Christmas casserole for lunch (with leftovers frozen for NYDay), a piece of Italian panettone and coffee at mid afternoon, and a BBQ with salad for dinner. I made two frozen yogurt & cool-whip pies for desert; one was gone on 12/24 (8 people), and we ate 1/2 for the other on 12/25. The rest is in the freezer.

However, and since I had family for 10 days and we took trips that involved eating out and I didn't work out since 12/14, I also decided to wait until tomorrow or later in the week to check the scale. On 12/22 I was still within my normal range. I didn't log anything or only breakfast for ten days.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member

Personally, I want to know just how good or bad things are!