Depression derailed

Well for the past month and a half, I was derailed by my depression. I gained three pounds in that time. I am getting back on track though. Here is to a great restart!

Replies

• Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Love your positivity! You got this.
  • hunnahs0922
    hunnahs0922 Posts: 165 Member
    You can do it
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    You got this! I know how depression can derail health goals. But it’s great your getting back into it sometimes that’s the hardest part!
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    You can do this!!! :)
  • Good for you for only being derailed for a month and a half!! For depression, that's zooming back! I'm impressed! It' always taken me many months and sometimes years to get back on track!
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Wonderful news!!! ((Hug))
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Use the gym as your escape from depression! Take out your frustrations and stress on the weights! Once you start seeing the results your looking for your depression will get better. “When you look good you feel good” u got this!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    I had the exact same issue. I had lost 53lbs. Put back on 8lbs due to depression. I've got myself back on track and only need to lose 0.4lbs to get back to where I was. New year goal! Then it's time to get serious again. I would like to lose another 50. And then reset goals.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    jessbena78 wrote: »
    Well for the past month and a half, I was derailed by my depression. I gained three pounds in that time. I am getting back on track though. Here is to a great restart!

This sounds like I wrote it! Glad you’re pulling out of it. I am too.
  • hunnahs0922
    hunnahs0922 Posts: 165 Member
    Lucky for you, you only gained 3 pounds. When I was down and depressed I gained 30! Haha
  • Sexyblkrn
    Sexyblkrn Posts: 2 Member
    Hang in there !! Positive thoughts and keep your eye on the prize
  • I was derailed by depression for 11 months not just here but in most areas of my life, so I know that feeling. You got this!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    I know the feeling. Gained 30 back while struggling through a medical health scare that had me spiraling down. I’m back on track (most days) and looking forward to getting back where I was. Exercise has really helped me. I’d be happy to add anyone as a friend that is struggling and I’ll do my best to help encourage and support.
  • ari4413
    ari4413 Posts: 14 Member
    Have fought with the demons of depression for almost 2 years in the aftermath of injury. Gained a heap. Now losing it. Depression sucks, and it's so different for everyone.
  • lancenuovo
    lancenuovo Posts: 517 Member
    you inspire. all of you
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Do it, one day at the time