Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

RubyRed427
RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
edited December 2017 in Challenges
I plan on reducing alcohol intake significantly in January, but your goals may be different. We don't judge each other. We encourage each other in our pursuit of reaching our goals. Join us in our pursuit of becoming healthier.

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    I am in. :)
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    I'm in! Thanks for starting this thread.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Does anyone have a motivating book title, website, or YouTube videos that inspire them?
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited December 2017
    Does anyone have a motivating book title, website, or YouTube videos that inspire them?

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but here is a link to the AA Big Book in pdf format.

https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    >>> However, the amount of alcohol I did drink would probably still be a lot to other people.

@lporter229: I remember being shocked to read that one drink per day (as in, 5 ounces of wine, etc.) for women is all that is allowed to be considered a "moderate drinker." Once a woman goes over 7 drinks per week, she is considered a "heavy drinker." Ouch! I keep that guideline in my head every time I have a drink and really try to abide by it. I fully admit a lot of it is ego and due to the fact that I don't want to fall into the "heavy drinker" category! (Although sometimes I know I do.)
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    Good for you, @cmriverside!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    And my 2 cents: I think counting is important and helpful . . . I count and log everything I eat and drink, including alcohol. . .I actually think it's when people don't count that they can get into trouble.

I log everything I eat and drink as well (with the exception of the past two weeks when I decided to take a break from logging for the remainder of the year). I find that it really helps. Except that I have those occasional days when I completely lose track of how much I ate/drank. Those are the days I am trying to completely eliminate.