Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Today I did the chocolate chia again twice, had ACV & then my ginger, cinnamon, turmeric 'tea'. OMG soooo remember I tinkled so much yesterday? Today the scale said I was down 5 pounds :o Never has that happened to me. No real clue as to what the chia is doing to me but...maybe it's telling my body that I have plenty of accessible water and letting water go from my muscles?? Just a guess...I'll have to google and see if anyone else is saying anything about it. No bloating from the chia in me....probably because I eat it soaked and expanded.
    Tonight I'm having tomato and mozzarella salad with avocado oil and balsamic glaze, about 6 pieces of sushi and some pineapple for dessert. What's in the pictures is for the whole family ;) Absolutely no hunger again today with my chia concoction. Hope everyone had a mighty fine day :)8fg83ccz1twk.jpg
    h503j272jaw3.jpg
    need to lose 60 pounds
    1st day +1.2 pounds
    2nd day -5 pounds
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Wowza, congrats on the big drop!

Your meal looks sooo yum. Sounds like you had a great day too and keep up the good work!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Whoa! HUGE drop!
    Your meal looks divine! I think I will make teriyaki tomorrow!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    That looked great!
  • katjustkat
    The chia concoction is working wonderfully for me. I read that other people had frequent potty pee-pee (oye) trips and some said they thought it was from the potassium in chia seeds. Again no hunger for me...had 1/2 the chias at 11:30 and second half at 3 pm. I think they're 136 calories for 2 tbsp. There's 12 g of carbs and 11g of fiber. The fiber should pretty much zero out/ negate the carbs. I wouldn't be doing this if I felt confident in the true 23 hour fast. If I simply wanted more fiber, I would just have the chias with my dinner.
    Today's OMAD at 5pm was left overs from the week and a salad. I had 2 whole wheat fig newton bars for dessert also. I had 2 cups of hot ginger, cinnamon and turmeric before dinner.
    I'm 100% sure the 5 pound loss was water. The good news is it didn't come back today as I was down .4 this morning. I'm sure that water weight can come back any moment but meanwhile it's probably pretty good for my blood pressure to be down some water weight. I just have to be logical when it chooses to come back.
    need to lose 60 pounds
    1st day +1.2 pounds....61.2 to go
    2nd day -5 pounds...56.2 to go
    3rd day - .4 pounds...55.8 to go
    us98e1poxpqv.jpg
    Hope everyone had an easy peasy day :)

• katjustkat
    My daughter sent this to me about improving your 'emotional intelligence' ( it says 'EQ' but should say 'EI' ). I think it can help with eating consciousness. lp122hsjriqc.jpg
  • blambo61
    What time of the day do you eat the chia seeds? Also, I like your countdown on the weight. I think I will start looking at it that way. That's forwards looking instead of looking back on what I've lost.
  • katjustkat
    blambo61 wrote: »
    What time of the day do you eat the chia seeds? Also, I like your countdown on the weight. I think I will start looking at it that way. That's forwards looking instead of looking back on what I've lost.
    Hiya bob....so I usually wake up at 6:30 and immediately have my black coffee. While the coffee is brewing I put 4 tablespoons of chia seeds in a bowl and add about 1 &1/2 cups of water. I give them a swirl and put it in the frig. I start thinking of eating something about 10:30 so I head downstairs and take half of the swelled chia mixture and add a hefty teaspoon of cocoa and two stevia packs. The cocoa thickens up the mixture too. It's 100% thick, sticks to the spoon... not runny at all. I guess I end up with like 1 cup total or more of the concoction. I mix it up and its very thick and to me tastes like chocolate pudding. It's a lil slimey but I think it's really good. I eat it again at around 2:30 I have been having zero hunger. If you read up on chia seeds, you'll see that ancient runner couriers used to consume them as it's supposed to prolong energy. Might be good for your runs? People can be allergic if they are allergic to mustard seed. Make sure you soak them because I see online that people get bloating and stomach aches from eating them dry because they'll swell once in your stomach. I have had ZERO problems with them. I can't believe how it's taken my appetite away. It's protein, fiber and fat(omega3) . My husband has been adding them dry to his cereal for years. I turned him onto them and then I dropped out and he continued. He doesn't have a problem with them either. He eats breakfast and dinner only...says his breakfast keeps him full all day. We buy them at costco. Sprouts has them too. z1dkq6lh4j7y.jpg
  • blambo61
    edited December 2017
    I might give them a try. I will probably eat them like a medicine though (just plain) and get them down me. I think I may have some issues with chocolate. I used to be very allergic to it when I was young (my mom was tell she died) and I think it might affect me negatively. Thanks
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Good looking meal and nice countdown Kat.
    Hold a steady course now.
  • jeanona
    edited December 2017
    Sounds like it's going well Kat!

The EI statements are spot on and it would help with eating consciousness. Nurturing positive feelings about ourselves is something I think many of us can relate to here.

I like your countdown too.
  • katjustkat
    edited December 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I might give them a try. I will probably eat them like a medicine though (just plain) and get them down me. I think I may have some issues with chocolate. I used to be very allergic to it when I was young (my mom was tell she died) and I think it might affect me negatively. Thanks

Yeah Bob...I had my second serving without the chocolate today. They don't have any flavor so def don't need to add anything. You could also put them in sugar free jello...I like the chocolate pudding taste and cocoa is good for you *if* you're not allergic :#
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Good looking meal and nice countdown Kat.
    Hold a steady course now.

Fingers crossed Jim...with me it's one minute at a time :|
    jeanona wrote: »
    Sounds like it's going well Kat!

The EI statements are spot on and it would help with eating consciousness. Nurturing positive feelings about ourselves is something I think many of us can relate to here.

I like your countdown too.

Jeanona...Ya I've never been too good at positive self talk...actually I hardly ever think of myself at all come to think of it.... :o Today was a good day. The scale went up .2 so not too bad with all that water doing it's own thing. May be in trouble tomorrow because I got addicted to some spicy pepitas right after dinner. They were super salty but just tasted too good >:) I'll def be paying for that splurge in water weight tomorrow :s Oh wellll....OMAD tonight was a Cobb salad from Chik Fillet. They're really good.Also had 4 extra nuggets and the pepitas. Had my two servings of chia, one @ 10:30 and 2:30...even made it thru Costco without a thought of the free samples. Tomorrow I gotta hit the mall. Hope everyone had a great day <3z7yrh66y54me.jpg

need to lose 60 pounds
    4th day +.2 pounds...56 to go

• katjustkat
    Today I went to the mall and just about left empty handed :s Everyone is too picky in my family. But shopping made for an easy fast day. Then...ughhhh took my son to the yummy 'pizzeria locale'...the Chipotle test restaurant. Really nice chewy crust and it's cooked in a pizza fire pit, also shared a side salad. Had my chia concoction at 11 am and didn't have the second serving today as I was out and about. Bought some turmeric capsules at Costco so had two of those today and cinnamon too. Gotta hit the stores tomorrow again. Hope everyone had a great day :)
    Ohhhhh.... yeah the salt got me from yesterday....up .4 grrrrr haha the pizza I had tonight is not gonna help me out tomorrow either.....sabotage city
    3sdcvpmmusbf.jpg

need to lose 60 pounds
    5th day +.4 pounds...56.4 to go
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    THAT PIZZA!!! :p
  • katjustkat
    Super busy day running around today. Decided to have a nice dinner out and went to Carrabbas. Of course I got the most fattening thing on the menu 'Pasta Weesie' which is fettuccini Alfredo with grilled shrimp. Good news is I stopped eating at a lil less than half of the serving. I have a cocktail like 3 times a year and tonight was one of those whisky sour kind of nights. Just wanted to relax and be taken care of...fait accompli. I forgot to take a picture of the meal :s but...I found a pic online and the meal was exactly the same :p Tomorrow is gonna be a two meal day...I decided to have a new tradition of breakfast out on Christmas eve with our kids ( adult kids) and give them their gift cards and loot right then and there....that way the ball is in their court if they want to hit the mall and go get themselves something. No one could tell me one thing they wanted soooo....now it's up to them. We'll have an early Christmas dinner on Christmas day and they'll get a goodie bag then. I'm kind of relieved!
    vzb0nzw34esw.jpg
    Down .4 this morning and of course here I am sabotaging myself again tonight! Arghhhhhhh Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays <3
    need to lose 60 pounds
    6th day -.4 pounds...56 to go
  • katjustkat
    So busy today but will log my weight. Gahhhh ...up .7
    Had breakfast out with the family and 2 pieces of pizza for dinner. Doing OMAD tomorrow and thinking of skipping the beef Wellington since I haven't had beef for a couple months. Made the Paklava with my son and the boys had to test ( OK...I had two bites too >:) ). Definitely gonna clean up my eating after tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone <3lud39nw0ihck.jpg
    need to lose 60 pounds
    6th day -.4 pounds...56 to go
    7th day +.7 pounds...56.7 to go>>>> -3.3 for the week (a lot of water weight)
  • jeanona
    Looks so good! I adore baklavas.

Scale fluctuations are a pain, aren't they?! Your week's loss is fantastic though!
  • katjustkat
    jeanona wrote: »
    Looks so good! I adore baklavas.

Scale fluctuations are a pain, aren't they?! Your week's loss is fantastic though!

Ohhh yes they are :|:( Thanxxxxx

Sooooo...first day back on KISS-OMAD...so much easier for me on the weekends when I'm not stuck at home all day. I had my turmeric-cinnamon- ginger a couple times today. I didn't need the chia seeds but since I still believe in them for the fiber and protein I enjoyed them after dinner...within my 1 hour. Since it's evening and I'm super sensitive to caffeine, I had the presoaked 2 tbsp of chia seeds and added two stevia packets and 1 tbsp of heavy cream....kinda delicious!
    Tonight we went out for Mexican food. I had an avocado tostada and a chicken enchilada, black beans and refried beans. I forced down about 2/3 of the plate.
    I'll start weighing in again after I stop feeling like the Michelin man....uhhhhh...I did give away all the left overs after Christmas dinner so that I wouldn't be tempted with the likes of the big pan of Paklava. I would have finished that thing off 1-2 paklava at a time over the next week...phewwwww I am making a big dinner on New Years day for the family but there won't be any left overs ( will send them off with the skinny, needy kids haha)
    and it'll be an OMAD day from here on out :) Hope everyone had a great holiday and is feeling OMAD strong once again.
    vc1dy51ba06g.jpg
  • blambo61
    I love that Mexican food!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Yummmm! I may make Mexican tonight after seeing that lovely meal!