Hi Guys!! Im starting my diet AGAIN for this new year

This is my new year diet for losing weight after a couple of hundred times i have diet and failed miserably.... so i hope this is the actual times that ive succesfully got into shape with my new goals for this year and i wanted to some new friends and support in this community :D pls gave advice on my diet goals since im in college furthering my studies

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Hard to give advice on your plan when we don't know what your plan is.
  • IzzyBTexas
    IzzyBTexas Posts: 2 Member
    I am also doing the same thing!! Misery loves company, yes? Hee hee
  • Shakiri17
    Shakiri17 Posts: 4 Member
    My main goal is to shred some weight and find a way to make a proper diet based on my current living lifestyle which is a student life that consist of eating quick ramen the whole week than actual proper food.... so what i needed is someone to consult on my diet and gave a proper meal plan to me...for my country we usually eating a daily basis of 3 times per day rice meal usually accompanied with chicken as side dishes
  • renatonebes
    renatonebes Posts: 5 Member
    I grew up eating rice as a basis for everything and have found that it if one of the hardest things for me to control/give up, but I made good progress cutting back on my carb intake and taking a mindful approach to eating, taking the time to think about what I'm eating and why I'm eating it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Up the vegetables, reduce the rice serving or ramen serving.

Make the serving fit your calories.

Do not give up, if you have one bad day get back on board the next.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    To lose weight, all you have to do, is to eat less - this means take in fewer calories than you burn - MFP has given you a target to hit, and you can hit that target with any food. If you do that, for real, consistently, and for a long time, you lose weight.

If what you eat now, isn't nutritious enough, just eating less could mean that you'll be more hungry, and if you're hungry, well, you'll want to eat more. But if you try to change up too much, you'll miss what you're used to. So you have to balance pleasure and convenience against satiety. Ideally, there should be no conflict. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, and you can eat what you like. Your body will tell you what it needs - when you are hungry, or bored with what you eat, it means that you should eat, or eat something else.

You can google meal plans, or you can pay someone to make one for you, but I think you'll benefit from just using meal plans as templates, and making your actual meal plan yourself, based on what you like, what you can afford, what foods are available to you where you live, what satisfies you, your schedule, family and social life, and your cooking skills and available equipment, because you are the only one who knows about all those things in detail, and more importantly, has to follow the meal plan.
  • Shakiri17
    Thx for the feedback guys
    i will be kept in touch with my diet in this thread
    and openly welcome any suggestions that do you guys have. If im able to succeed my goal this time it will be an honor to credit out the people that helped and gave me advice on my journey. this is my first time that i get help from the community. before this i tried to diet on my own and didnt work out the way it is. so i hope you guys can keep in touch with me. I can feel that this time is Different than the couple of the last hundred times that i went alone.Thank you again
  • Carolsbeach
    Carolsbeach Posts: 6 Member
    U can do anything if u really want to. I remember those college days and the eating was a real problem. Try to keep rice to a small portion and increase the chicken, also fill up on salads and drink a lot of water to flush out the fat. You r smart to focus on this now when ur young! I am 75 and Wish I had ccmmitted my self sooner! Add me to ur friends list and keep us posted on ur progress. don't give up
  • Shakiri17
    To lose weight, all you have to do, is to eat less - this means take in fewer calories than you burn - MFP has given you a target to hit, and you can hit that target with any food. If you do that, for real, consistently, and for a long time, you lose weight.

If what you eat now, isn't nutritious enough, just eating less could mean that you'll be more hungry, and if you're hungry, well, you'll want to eat more. But if you try to change up too much, you'll miss what you're used to. So you have to balance pleasure and convenience against satiety. Ideally, there should be no conflict. A healthy diet is balanced and varied, and you can eat what you like. Your body will tell you what it needs - when you are hungry, or bored with what you eat, it means that you should eat, or eat something else.

You can google meal plans, or you can pay someone to make one for you, but I think you'll benefit from just using meal plans as templates, and making your actual meal plan yourself, based on what you like, what you can afford, what foods are available to you where you live, what satisfies you, your schedule, family and social life, and your cooking skills and available equipment, because you are the only one who knows about all those things in detail, and more importantly, has to follow the meal plan.

just weight in and i've just lost 12 kg in just over the span of a week. and it really shock how much weight that ive lost just by simply eating less than my daily calorie needs. im not even eating healthy stuff. im guessing most of my weight that ive just lost is water that being flushing out of my body but man my body felt great and i can see my belly is shrinking and felt kind of soft and mushy like texture when ive touch it. it means that i really losing weight not just water but fat.it really gave me a huge morale boost.I will keep updating my journey on this thread. and thank you again for you guys who gave me advice on my diet.