Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 104 Member
    Hi. I'm Phil and I have about 12 more pounds to lose. It may not sound that dramatic but I've been on a plateau lately and daily weigh-ins are not the answer. Also, your group might be just the ticket for maintaining weight once I reach my goal. Still looking for friends.
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Hello all! I am just beginning again at 170lbs, goal is 130lbs. My last time using MFP I got down to 145, but fell off routine without the internet to use MFP. I have returned to the modern world and look forward to having the motivation of weekly weigh ins with this group :)
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    My name is Laura and I am looking to loose 80lbs. I have already lost 20 in the last 4 months. I average about a pound a week. I anticipate reaching my goal early 2019 and I can't wait. I keep a weekly weigh in log myself and measure my body as well as my weight. I think doing it in a pubic forum is awesome.
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    Hello. My name is Lucy. I've been dieting and not dieting all of my life. Have always been on the heavier side. My highest weight was 284 in January 2017, I lost about 30 pounds and gained almost all of it back. I am so frustrated with myself, but I am going to reach my goal this time! I would like to lose 100 pounds and know in order to do so I have to be in the right mindset. I'm 48 and plan on a trip to Hawaii for my big 50, and plan on being healthier and in much better shape. I'm also pre-diabetic. MFP really helped me last year, I'm so glad to be back.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Jackie from York in the UK. I've gained steadily for years but lost 6 stone about 10 years ago and felt great. Then there was a pregnancy, 2 redundancies and a divorce which resulted in it all going back on and more.
    I've lost 28lb in the last 15 months and would like to lose another 65 so her to make my dreams come true....
    My aim is for another 28lb this year, I want to lose it slowly a result of a life-style change so that it really does stay off this time - I've no plans for a baby (too old), or a divorce (recently married) and if I get made redundant then so what lol.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 136 Member
    Hi, I'm Sabrina. I used MFP previously and went from 209 Lbs to 145 Lbs.

In 2012 my mom passed away, I got divorced, and I was laid off from my job all within days of each other. I became a single mom working full time and dealing with depression. I gained back some weight and in December I decided it was time to regain focus.

I started again at 176.5 and my current weight is 171 lbs.
    I usually weigh in on Sundays. :)
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Hello all-I'm Amanda. I'm an athlete trapped in an out of shape body! I do exercise about 4-5 times per week--and one of them is my weekly soccer game. I've struggled with eating my ENTIRE adult life. It has EXHAUSTED me-worn me out. I am making changes that are sustainable and I am avoiding the glass or two of wine I love to have on most nights...I've not stopped drinking wine entirely...but now only a night or two a week....even though it would always fit in my calories I felt like it was stopping me from making progress towards my goal. I've got 35 lbs to lose before I decide on a goal weight! That is my current long term goal with some smaller ones more in my sights. I love setting goals and crushing them. But the STRUGGLE IS REAL on how to manage my weight. I've gained and lost the same 30 lbs at least 4 times in my adult life. :(
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
    Hi- I'm Chrysten! I'm 34, mom of two cute boys, and live in Southwest Florida. I am super busy and have used that as an excuse to eat poorly and give in. Even if we have to grab take out, which happens, I can choose something healthy!! That is my goal, to just always make the healthy choice. I love the idea of accountability and weighing in each week and having a group to be on this journey with!

@25agirard I also play in a weekly soccer game! Soccer Sundays with a women's game in the morning and co-ed indoor in the afternoon.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Hi everyone... I'm Anne-Marie and I've been on MFP for almost a year... I've been getting back on track in January and aimed to end the month at my pre-christmas weight... I'm going to join the weekly weigh in for February. I've lost 30lb so far and have 14 more to go... I'm not putting an end date on this goal... slow and steady does it and as long as the trend remains downwards I know I'll get there eventually!

Good luck to all on your journeys!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Melissa. I am 30 years old, and for the first time I am single and live alone. I never realized how much of an effect living with someone else had on my eating habits. Halloween 2017 I weighed 330 pounds, I had no idea things had gotten so out of control. When I brought it up to the guy I was dating, and how unhappy that made me, he simply told me not to worry about it because I looked just fine. I think he was trying to make me feel better, but honestly, being only 5'2" and 330 pounds is NOT fine. Not only did I realize then and there that I needed to get serious about eating better and getting fit, but also that he was NOT someone I wanted to have around while doing it. I decided to take time away from dating so that I can concentrate on myself, for the first time in my entire adult life. I will do my weekly check ins, starting with last weeks, because I weigh on Monday. But so far, I seem to be doing well, but I cannot always trust myself around sweets. Which is why I don't buy any from the store :cold_sweat: I weighed in Monday the 29th of January 2018 at 293.6 pounds. I'm looking forward to this coming weigh check.

Hey @pinkmasterchief welcome! the weigh in threads are in the group page and run from Sat - Fri, so you can pop this week's in on the 2nd Feb thread
  • _j4de_
    _j4de_ Posts: 48 Member
    Hi everyone, just found this group and thought its a great way to keep on track! I'm using MFP to lose the 2 stone that I've managed to accumulate during a year of injury keeping me off exercise! Although I started keeping a food diary again at the end of December the scales didn't reflect a loss until 1st Feb

SW 168
    GW 140
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello everybody! I'm a newbie. Looking forward to getting my eating habits back under control. Take care :)

SW: 187.5
    GW: 165
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi!! I've been on MFP a looong while, but got into quite a funk and got back up to my "usual/highest weight" of 185-ish. My 30th birthday is July 1st and I'm hoping/WILL be losing 30 lbs by then. I've really been wanting a thread or group to just post weekly weigh ins and I stumbled upon this one! It's meant to be haha
    So... SW: 187 (Restarted officially Jan 17th) GW:157 (Will be a 30 lb loss AND officially into the "normal" BMI range) CW: ?? somewhere around 180 but I've had a lot of sodium the last few days so scales up. Looking to lose about 1 lb per week! Maybe average a bit more for the 30 lb goal :)
    Last thing, the icon for the group "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up" is what really gave me the kick in the butt to click the join button and stay accountable. I've been so good/determined in the 1 month since I've restarted, but the last 2 days I've hit a rough patch of feeling a little down and same old "is it even worth it, why bother" kind of attitude. So the "stop giving up" thing was a real wake up call!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Hello,

My name's Britt. I've been trying to lose weight since May of 2014. I got down to 158lbs in November of 2014, but then fell off the wagon once I got into a serious relationship. He didn't need to watch his weight so I stopped. I got back up to 185lbs as of early February 2018. I'm single against and have been working hard to reach my goals.

SW: 192.7 GW: 145; LW: Last Week; 173.8 TW: 172.4 This Week; OL: 21.5lbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Hello,

My name's Britt. I've been trying to lose weight since May of 2014. I got down to 158lbs in November of 2014, but then fell off the wagon once I got into a serious relationship. He didn't need to watch his weight so I stopped. I got back up to 185lbs as of early February 2018. I'm single against and have been working hard to reach my goals.

@firecat1987 welcome, if you want to add that as this week's weigh in can you post it in the current week thread (you can find it on the group homepage)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Hello,

@firecat1987 welcome, if you want to add that as this week's weigh in can you post it in the current week thread (you can find it on the group homepage)

I was going to wait until Friday to post my weight so that i'm on schedule with everyone :)
  • apuckett
    apuckett Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone! Starting this group hoping to stay accountable and "stop giving up". :) SW: 181.8 GW 140
  • tashy41
    tashy41 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm Tash. I gained about 7kg last year following an injury. I've just got back to where I started, but would like some more motivation to lose some more weight. I would like to lose around another 5 to 10kg as I think I've sat a little too long in the overweight category.
    I'll weigh in this week and next...then I go on holiday, so I'll be working hard through the rest of spring to lose this weight :smile:
    Good luck everyone with your goals!
  • tonyamorgan75
    tonyamorgan75 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi my name is LaTonya, I live in Galveston, my current weight is 217, & goal weight 150.

• TheMom6Girls
    TheMom6Girls Posts: 41 Member
    Hi, I’m TinaMarie and restarting after about 8 months off. I regained almost 40 of the 65lb loss due to a CrossFit injury and self pity. But this time I’ve asked for friends to help! SW 226 GW 145 LW 198 TW 194
    OL 31