Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

1275276277278279281»

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    @clicketykeys Thank you! Usually I do the same with my goals, aim high and settle in the middle if need be. I think my issue of feeling underachieved comes from the change I drastically went through when I learned about my pregnancy. I was accomplishing sooo much and now I really have to be okay with, "just do what you can." :lol:

@joan6630 Thank you. You are correct, sickness is going around. I think I either picked it up from my little one OR when I had to take him to the er the other night. Either way, I'm hoping it is short lived. :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    I didn’t want to jinx it but I think my cough is finally going :sweat_smile: only 8-9 Weeks later but hey ho!
    I actually slept in bed last night! Got a water bottle and put it down the side of the bed (I sleep next to the wall so no bedside cabinet) so when I started I had a drink to curb it. And I had some of my inhaler before I went to sleep! Seemed to do the trick!

My partner complained that he wasn’t sleeping well because I wasn’t in the bed (Awhh)
    But then this morning he realised that he forgot what t was like to sleep with a 31 week pregnant lady and said I kept him up all night tossing and turning lol!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited December 2017
    Ok! I’ve been on a self-discovery journey this year and one thing I’ve found out about myself is that I withdraw and hide if I ever don’t follow through with what I’ve said. I feel shame and guilt and I pull away.

I am exactly the same way. WHen I do great, I want to get on here, so I can have those smiley faces. But .... I am finding out, that is when I don't do so great that I need this thread the most. Someone to "kick butt", or make me realize what I HAVE accomplished.
    SO I hope you keep coming back, no matter how many of your goals you do. That is success .... keep coming back, and keep trying! No shame or guilt anymore
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Just for Saturday
    1. Journal intake and stay in the GREEN :)
    2. HYDRATE! :)
    3. Remember to take Fish Oil tonight :)
    4. January's Budget :)
    5. Listen to Optimal Living Daily podcasts :)
    6. Journal 5 things I'm grateful for and read Simple Abundance before bed :)
    7. Declutter bathroom drawers and kitchen cupboards :)
    8. Clean refrigerator and throw out leftovers :)
    9. Grocery list for week :/
    10. Watch a movie with DH tonight and be in the present ;)

Just for New Year's Eve
    1. Journal honestly and stay in the GREEN
    2. Drink more water than yesterday.
    3. Start working on my 2018 Bullet Journal (Woo Hoo! I'm excited to try this!)
    4. Listen to Optimal Living Daily podcast
    5. Plan for January birthdays
    6. Go to Festival and pick up some seafood for dinner tonight. It's our 18th wedding anniversary today!
    7. Try not to get too pissed off at the Packers - Lions game I'm watching right now, since the Packers are currently sucking really bad!
    8. Treadmill. Add minutes to my last time. Baby steps.
    9. Get sewing machine and tables set back up. (Put away to make room for Christmas.)
    10. Read, start a jigsaw puzzle, sew or watch Netflix....wherever the day takes me!
    11. Bed at a decent hour so I don't sleep half the day away tomorrow! :) I've been staying up reading until 1 or 2 a.m. the last two nights. :blush:

Have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Party smart! :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    I have a bunch of updates to do...just catching up JFT since Friday, and I had to go back four pages, there was so much activity. Great to see & welcome newbies! This is such a great group for support and no judgment, I look forward to this thread everyday (when I'm online).

Recap F 12/29 - Getting back into my groove :smiley:
    1) Walked 3 miles on treadmill / 51:07 before work = first time since 12/15 & felt great! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 13,675 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 25 floors :smiley:
    3) Net calories green & > 12c water...may be hard to do, since oldest brother wants to take me out for dinner = Red & 12c water, but Sat. w-i was good so not so bad? :#
    4) Be productive at work...so easy to slide by this week = summarization done pending responses needed for clarification on four open items :smiley:

Sat. 12/30: No JFT goals, but walked 3 miles on treadmill / 50:31. Registered for my third Badger State Brewing 10K on 3/31. Net calories red & 10c water.

JFT Sun. 12/31
    1) Church service this morning :smiley:
    2) Put gas in my car...hate tank to get too low in these frigid temps :smiley:
    3) Laundry during Packers game...@OConnell5483 you're so right, they played horrible! Oh well, there's always next season. :):s
    4) Update December goals & write January goals
    5) Write five accomplishments from this year

Hubby and I plan a food splurge today, and we are going all out with treats this afternoon & evening, even though it's highly doubtful I'll be awake until midnight. I am not logging a bite, I skipped the treadmill today, and have no regret. :p Hubby and I have both lost significant weight this year, and we decided to treat ourselves (and get it out of our system). :D I have had 8c water already, so that will help. Once I am back at work on Tuesday, I will get back on track. o:)
  • cschmitz110515
    My numbers for the October to December Challenge Lose 5# or at least maintain.

9/30 167.0
    10/31 165.0
    11/30 162.0
    12/31 161.0

Thanks, @joan6630 for starting this challenge! Usually between Thanksgiving (US) and New Year's, I eat way more than usual. This year, because of this challenge, I was much more mindful. Only now, between Christmas & New Year's, am I letting myself go a little, and that's only temporary. :wink:
  • cschmitz110515
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 60
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    December Goal = 162#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/4 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week (track on Just Give Me 10 Days)
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/2 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/9 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no food days at work or parties helps & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

• MLHC1
    @cschmitz110515 Way to kick butt this year!!!!
    You and your hubby should definitely enjoy ringing in the New Year with no worries!! I'm so proud of your hardwork and dedication!! Every little bit of activity counts and you are a true testiment to that!! I look forward to next year and jumping back into weight-loss in May :smiley:

Happy New Year's Eve Lady!! Be safe and enjoy!!
  • cschmitz110515
    edited December 2017
    December Goals / Results:
    • Scale goal: maintain 162# or lower = Ended 12/31 at 161.0. Had multiple days during month at 1-5-anything, first time in 10 years. Never expected that in December! :smiley:
    • Take measurements 12/31 (Sun.) or 1/1 (Mon.) = Measurements taken 12/31 and lost additional 3/4 inch from thighs and hips...I'll take it! :smiley:
    • Walk Jingle Bell 5K on 12/2 in 45 minutes = Ecstatic to finish in 44:37 and average pace 14:22. :smiley:
    • Walk dog 5x per week as long as weather permits = Walked dog 5x per week thru 12/11, when had slip and fall on snow-covered ice...lucky my keister and headlamp battery pack took the brunt of fall, I was fine, and hung on to leash the whole time. :blush:
    • Once winter weather forces indoor workouts, start alternate workouts (treadmill, weight machine, yoga, YouTube videos, ???) = Well, it took fall to convince me, but started walking on treadmill in basement 12/13. :smiley: No other training yet, busy with Christmas preparations & fighting off a cold. Did two regular hikes and one snowshoe hike at workplace over lunchtime. :smiley: Also shoveled snow at least 2-3 times, while snowblower not working...hubby installed new carburetor 12/31 and snowblower works again! <3:smiley:
    • Keep net calories green most days or w/i 100. No logging food on Christmas Day, maybe Christmas Eve, probably New Year's Eve. = Skipped logging food/adult beverages on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Net calories not always green, but close most days. :smile:

January Goals Will move this list to new thread once started.
    • Scale goal 1-5-x.x
    • Take measurements 1/31 W a.m. before work
    • Win MapMyWalk Challenge 12/29 - 1/28 with friend M...of course, she's retired and walking her dogs in AZ, while I'm walking on a treadmill in snow-covered Green Bay
    • Earn > 2 achievement awards in MFP Pure Start Challenge
    • Participate in Frenzy on the Fox 5K ???
    • Walk on treadmill / alternate workouts 5x per week
    • Log all food & beverages every day, including hubby's bday / net calories green or w/i 100

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
  • cschmitz110515
    Just for New Year's Eve
    6. Go to Festival and pick up some seafood for dinner tonight. It's our 18th wedding anniversary today!

Happy anniversary!!! :smiley:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Happy New Year ALL!!

JFT for the NEW YEAR: Love Myself!!
    Be accountable for my health thus
    1. Log on MFP daily and track
    2. Fluids
    3. daily vitamins
    4. drink a blender drink daily instead of meal
    5. afterwork activity 3xweek for 40 min
    Be accountable for my stuff
    6. 5 things daily get rid of
    7. 5 files daily go through
    8. Clear off and keep clear kitchen table

My health really went in the toilet this past year, and looking back, there's such a repetition every year of what I'm trying to do. But #1 is Love and be kind to myself!! Use the good items, no more waiting for whatever or saving for ? My marriage is in the toilet as well so will do whatever activities I'd like instead of sitting at home and swallowing resentment.
    So JFT be positive and keep at it.
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2018
    Sunday
    1. log all food :/
    2. sew on chemo hats. My goal was to have 40 made by january, so I have a ways to go :/
    3. celebrate tomorrow evening with my husband and daughter. It will be 45 years ago that I met my husband on a blind date, so New Years eve is special to us. So it will be a relaxing evening with our daughter, some hordorves, wine, and watching a movie. :):) Going to start celebrating soon. I have stuffed mushrooms in the oven, sausage eggrolls, shrimp, and we are going to relax with a great movie --- then watch the fireworks and ball droppings. Our daughter is with us, so a wonderful evening!
    4. drink water :)
    5. go to the gym in the morning --- even if it is only 4 degrees outside!! :) I DID NOT go this morning, but this afternoon, my husband and I went together. Had a nice time - we were there for 90 minutes. I cannot believe how much I actually enjoy going to the gym now.

• mytime6630
    edited January 2018
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight Dec 1st: 187.0
    1st Goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 66 years old)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 187.0 -- I know this could have been so much better, but got way off at Halloween, and gradually trying to get back to "pre-halloween weight".
    December 31st: 194.5

October Challenge: --- Goal is to lose 5 pounds, so goal weight for January 1: 186
    Actual weight is 194.5

Well, I did not meet my own October challenge. But .... normally I gain at least 7-10 pounds during the holidays. This year, even though I did gain some, I will still consider this a success. Only gained 3 pounds -- far better than previous years!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 wrote: »

12/31 Sunday JFT:

✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪Plan the day with hubby
    (Him and our eldest son are working on the remodel today.)
    ✔▪Organize office
    ✔▪Work on research abstract draft
    ✔▪Prenatal Yoga
    (Skipping elliptical today bc I can't breathe well)
    ✔▪Stay hydrated
    ✔▪Dinner 8 pm (hubby is cooking tonight :blush: )
    ❌▪Maybe stay up to ring in the new year, we'll see how I feel.

:star::star: Happy New Year's Eve :star::star:

• mytime6630
    edited January 2018
    I cannot thank each of you SO SO much for being on this journey with me. Many of you have been with me the entire year, some from last year. I would not have kept going had it not been for each of you.

I started a new thread for the year 2018 --- I hope you will all join me there as we have a new year, a fresh start. I am hoping this year to reach my weight goals, and to welcome 2 new little babies into the world! I can't wait to see what the new year brings all of us.

So please join me!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10626513/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread-for-2018#latest
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2018
    This year I hope to be on maintenance by year end. Been there before but it was scary tough just to think about. I was at a # that was not maintainable at the time so I'm not aiming at a concrete number this time. Just comfort and doability. I think it might be around 150 which means roughly 25 more to go. We'll see what transpires.

All time high was 240. Previous maintenance was 137 at 5'8" maintained for 2 years.
    Now 55 and 5'6" with multiple health challenges. Stepped on the scale at 199 and didn't want to see that 2 pop up EVER AGAIN so signed up here and found this group. <3

Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish

Progress so far:
    Jan 3: 176

October Challenge: --- goal weight for January 1: 179 - 174
    Actual weight is 176 but the holidays were a struggle, as they were for all. I think this challenge was a real help even though I found myself walking around muttering " no, put that down" a lot. I'm sure many people thought I was a bit loonie sometimes.

January goals
    Under 175. Less would be better but I'm aiming low as I have a couple of birthdays.
    Finish Mark's quilt and mail off.
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Continue, from before seasonal challenges, decluttering entry.
    Accountability.

And after I hit save I realized I was on the wrong thread so when I get home later I'll retype this into the correct one.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited January 2018
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    This year I hope to be on maintenance by year end. Been there before but it was scary tough just to think about. I was at a # that was not maintainable at the time so I'm not aiming at a concrete number this time. Just comfort and doability. I think it might be around 150 which means roughly 25 more to go. We'll see what transpires.

All time high was 240. Previous maintenance was 137 at 5'8" maintained for 2 years.
    Now 55 and 5'6" with multiple health challenges. Stepped on the scale at 199 and didn't want to see that 2 pop up EVER AGAIN so signed up here and found this group. <3

Weekly weigh-in

Aiming at 150ish

Progress so far:

Actual weight is 176 but the holidays were a struggle, as they were for all. I think this challenge was a real help even though I found myself walking around muttering " no, put that down" a lot. I'm sure many people thought I was a bit loonie sometimes.

January goals
    Under 175. Less would be better but I'm aiming low as I have a couple of birthdays.
    Finish Mark's quilt and mail off.
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Continue, from before seasonal challenges, decluttering entry.
    Accountability.

And after I hit save I realized I was on the wrong thread so when I get home later I'll retype this into the correct one.

Just hit Quote, then copy and paste into the new thread. Delete the [ quote ] at beginning and end. Should be lots easier than retyping everything.
  • mytime6630
    bcTRAI wrote: »

Weekly weigh-in

Aiming at 150ish

Progress so far:

WOW --- wonderful job!!! Keep it up - your going to be back at maintenance before you know it!! And when you do .... I hope to be there also!