Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Replies

• SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    I’m doing dry Jan - first time in many years since I was pregnant I am planning to go a long time without wine. I’m excited to really get healthy this month.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    I am very excited for a new month and new year! Happy New Year everyone!
  • katie5467
    katie5467 Posts: 57 Member
    Hi everyone, excited to be a part of this and aiming to do dry Jan and maybe beyond once I see how I feel during Jan.
    Happy new year! :smile:
  • mmccool719
    mmccool719 Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2017
    Count me in!! I enjoyed the November challenge we did together and I remember a few of you from that thread!!!
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    @donimfp After about a month my urge to drink started to lessen. The more I dealt with my feelings instead of drinking myself stupid the easier it got for me. Also, about 1.5 to 2 months in is when I really started seeing major changes in my health and weight, so it made it easier as things started getting better.
  • sheilajean58
    sheilajean58 Posts: 263 Member
    Wow! This is great. I already decided on a personal goal of cutting back with balance. This is perfect :)
    I am a data collector in all areas of my life and understand that when we cutback in one area another area most likely will increase and produce a net outcome of null.
  • sheilajean58
    sheilajean58 Posts: 263 Member
    @jerijulian
    I found the book you recommended on Audible and downloaded it for free with a "credit". Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    @jeffmp29 Here is the Jan post.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2018
    Good morning! No alcohol for me yesterday. I really wanted to start the New Year with clear head, energy and with sense of a new beginning. Wishing everyone Happy New Year and the best of luck to all - myself included!

• MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    @jerijulian
    I found the book you recommended on Audible and downloaded it for free with a "credit". Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out.

I am curious about the book....?
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    I had some wine with my husband yesterday, but will be free of alcohol until the weekend.
  • jerrysail
    jerrysail Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in. My health downfall is drinking every night. Someone said they will limit drinking to weekends and really watching it then. I will do the same and see what happens.
  • jerrysail
    jerrysail Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in. My health downfall is drinking every night. Someone said they will limit drinking to weekends and really watching it then. I will do the same and see what happens.