200+ to lose - Anyone else with me?

I've dieted my whole life, lost a lot, gained a lot, back and forth. Giving it another go. I'm going to do the keto diet as that type has worked great in the past, I just need to not let things happen to gain it all back. I get too stressed with life and then have no time to concentrate on healthy eating. I need some friends to help keep motivation up.

Replies

• Yeah I understand what you are saying, I need some motivation myself also. I want to lose about 200lbs so I got a gym membership, but I still need motivation. Where are you located? I'm in Nashville TN
  • shawnamomma74
    shawnamomma74 Posts: 152 Member
    Hi! I started my weight loss at 405 lbs in April 2017. I'm 308 right now. I'm feeling so much better. I recently went to the dr and I became a little bit discouraged because she acts like I need to lose 200 more. I'll be thrill to get under 200 and she acted like that goal was ridiculous! Anyway, we all need support and I'm here to help anyone else who needs it!
  • Alice_in_Wndrlnd
    Alice_in_Wndrlnd Posts: 47 Member
    I have just under 200lbs to lose I think. I think in kgs....

I lost 80lbs in 2012 but since then I have put it all back on again due to stress so I can totally understand where your coming from.

Looking for new friends too :-)
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    About 4 years ago I lost almost 70 lbs. I have gained it all back. I have had a lot of thyroid issues. I had to actually have radiation for my thyroid. My thyroid doesn't work at all and I'm on total body replacement with Synthroid, my numbers still not the best but I'm on highest does of medicine possible. I'm tired of yo yo diet. Sick of being fat and I'm
    staring over today again. Need new friends please.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Hi,
    I started somewhere over 400 and got down to 199 which is where I like to be (5’10) then had some setbacks and gained half back
  • sunshinetami
    sunshinetami Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! I started my weight loss at 405 lbs in April 2017. I'm 308 right now. I'm feeling so much better. I recently went to the dr and I became a little bit discouraged because she acts like I need to lose 200 more. I'll be thrill to get under 200 and she acted like that goal was ridiculous! Anyway, we all need support and I'm here to help anyone else who needs it!

My like end goal would be 180. But I don't even know for sure until I would get closer. I'd love to be under 200.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    I've lost 150 - still have about 100 to go. Best recommendation - eat a healthy, balanced diet. You need fats, protein, and carbs! Aim for a weight loss of about 2 pounds a week - NOT more than that. Eat at the calorie level MFP recommends, move more, and let the weight take care of itself! Good luck.

Always open to new friends who are serious about losing weight (no excuses) and who have an open diary.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    A few suggestions for folks just starting out. I'm in year 3 of my healthy journey so I hope this helps:

1. You need to get the word diet out of your vocabulary. There is nothing temporary about living healthy. It really comes down to changing the mindset over food. Staving yourself and counting every single little calorie will make you miserable and you will likely fail. Instead look at the foods you are consuming and start there. For instance: I can cook a vegetable soup and eat two huge bowls of it at home for 550 calories. I'm stuffed after that and don't need or want more food after that. 550 calories will get you a small chicken sandwich from Mcdonalds and you are hungry 10 minutes later. I eat Mcdonalds now and then but just not every day.

2. Want to change your mindset quickly? Hire a personal trainer and the pain you feel from the workouts will make you drive right by Taco Bell.

3. It isn't all about the scale. If your clothes are feeling looser, you are feeling better, blood sugars etc are improving your life style change is working. Many people get initial excitement from a big drop on the scale after a week or two. It's a lot of water weight and then the scale just stops moving. Your changes will pay off over time.

I personally follow a CICO method which mean Calories In Calories Out. Get a ballpark of what your body burns in a normal day and consume that range. You can always exercise off the rest.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Hi there! I started this time last year. My highest weight was 471 lbs and I lost down to 441 from 4/16 to 12/16. Last January I started logging everything and eating at a deficit and I am down to 351 at last weigh-in. My current goal is 164, but I’ll re-evaluate when I get closer. My biggest advice for you is to find a way of eating that is sustainable for you. Like someone above me said, don’t think of it as a diet. This has to be a lifelong change if it’s really going to work. Like you, I’ve dieted since I was a child and it never worked because it wasn’t a change in my lifestyle and my mindset. For me, keeping track of my calories in has worked. I eat lots of different foods, even junk food sometimes, but I have cut my portions and stopped eating mindlessly. This is a great place with a lot of great people who are rooting for you! I’ll send a friend request!