General Chat

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    My day is not going to plan at all, I don't have a car, so asked to borrow a friends, was expecting this to be tomorrow, but now it's today so won't be much in the way of steps going on today as already had to get a taxi in with a bunch of christmas presents I needed to send over to Wales.

So instead of going out for my run tonight I will be doing the stuff I was going to do with the car tomorrow waaaaaahhhh

Also got invited along to an event in the city at 8pm so not sure if I will have time to even get some weights in tonight :disappointed:

can you do weights and steps tomorrow? in the same way you are doing car stuff today?
    or does it impact rest days for weights? (that's what I hate about plans changing - sometimes you can't 'just do weights tomorrow')

I was meant to be doing Run today, weights tomorrow, run sat, weights sun. The thing is I had a half day tomorrow so I had plenty of time to do everything. I am trying to get 10000 min steps in per day every day, even on my rest days so I can try and ramp it up a bit but will be driving the car into work tomorrow as well.

But hey I guess I just have to roll with it, beggars can't be choosers and on a positive note the supermarket will probably be quieter tonight than it would be tomorrow and I guess I can double up my workouts tomorrow with the free time I now have, just means I will have to run in the rain on Xmas Eve so I have a rest day in-between lol

yeah tis good that you have the car.
    and good work around/extra planning! it just sucks when routine is messed with!! Xmas eve run sounds good - maybe not the rain part tho!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Don't forget that sometimes when "resting" the magic (still) happens...Crimbo rushing about often is enough. Well it is in my book : )
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    There is none of the crimbo rushing about in costa del tink, I have been sorted for Christmas since July hahahaha
  • beerfoamy
    There is none of the crimbo rushing about in costa del tink, I have been sorted for Christmas since July hahahaha

awesome! :D
  • beerfoamy
    LAST DAY OF WORK!!!
    Mince pies and sausage rolls at 10 - leave at 12 - pizza hut buffet for lunch/tea :D

good day!!
    hehe

did 3km swim this morning just to buffer myself a bit, and running around in Laser Quest is tough too! :p
  • tinkerbellang83
    Sausage baps here and on top of the 4 bottles of wine I took home yesterday, another 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of rhubarb gin
  • beerfoamy
    oh wow!! you are set til new year then!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    and the next one, I've still the bottles at home from last year :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    happy new year all!!

so who is enjoying/loathing being back at work!?! haha :D

I am enjoying the feeling of being back in control of my food intake. No more pressure or desire to overeat.
    Not enjoying being back at desk so much :/
  • tinkerbellang83
    Loathing being in day after I got home from UK but enjoying being back in a routine!

What was your damage? I think I am up about 5-6 lbs, mostly water weight I'd guess but a bit of fat too.
  • beerfoamy
    yeah that is harsh!!

Scale says 8lbs up. My logging shows around 3lbs up. So am hoping tis water weight and next week will show 178 ish again and then I will be back on track.
    Still, even if not, I am on track for new goal of 151 by end of June :)

I did miss the routine - even the long swims I got in were at the 'wrong time' and didn't feel right for rest of day haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Yes was the same with my running, felt way too bloaty and didn't enjoy them as much as normal.
  • beerfoamy
    tis a weird feeling wanting to get back to not eating as much and health etc.
    Eating cruddy food all weekend really made me feel low as well. Takes a few days to bounce back from that and not just continue.

had to have it out with gf a couple of times as well that I wasn't just going to eat everything all the time to make her feel better and that if I said no to food it wasn't JUST because I was logging, but more that I was logging to feel good. :/ made a couple of days difficult and I did end up going over more than I intended to so she wouldn't sigh and be mad at me :/ ah well - learning curve.

• tinkerbellang83
    Ah the joys of compromise, I luckily have no-one to answer to in that respect :lol:
  • beerfoamy
    hah yeah compromise sucks!

<-- in a mature relationship, honest ;)
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2018
    Happy Hump Day!

• tinkerbellang83
    mdl9v4i8lf2z.jpg
    Quote of the day
  • beerfoamy
    haha awesome!
  • tinkerbellang83
    @beerfoamy Bad work day? or just a work day in general?
  • beerfoamy
    @tinkerbellang83 Not necessarily bad....just boring as all hell! not a lot to do, and the stuff that I do have to do, I don't want to do!
    That January feeling haha. Just booked half day off next Weds. Don't think I am ready for a full week just yet.

How about you? fun/busy/boring?