Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone!!

@pneschich and birgit--I'm right there with you guys. Today was my last day of treats and not-so-good for me foods--I will weigh in tomorrow morning and join you two in starting fresh making better food choices and getting more exercise.

@pneschich --I saw your post about not being able to gain endurance with your running. I know when I did couch to 5k to begin running, I also couldn't get past 3 or 4 minutes of running without taking a walking break. After reading a bunch of posts on beginner running forums, I realized I was trying to go too fast too soon (and by too fast I mean only a 5 mph pace). I backed down to a turtle-like 4.5 mph and was able to run for a full 30 minutes. From there, I inched up my pace little by little until I could run a 5k in about 35 minutes. Now my training has been so lax, that today I was only able to run a quarter mile at a 5 mph pace. I'm back to doing walking intervals until I can work my way back up to a full 5k. A friend and I are signed up for a race in mid-March, so I guess I have a goal. :)

@ana-- sorry to hear about your camera, but it sounds like you are having a lovely visit with your MIL.

Monday Check-in:
    Just finished catching up on all the posts since about Dec. 20th as I haven't been on MFP or logging since then. Too many holiday parties and treats to even guesstimate my intake. It wasn't all horrible, but I know it also wasn't great. Last night was the final blow out with a NYE party at a friend's house. I slept there, so I couldn't weigh-in today. However, I DID put on my gym clothes and venture over for a nice 45-minute cardio burn--so that's something.

Some of my personal goals to start 2018:
    1. Better work/life balance which includes getting to the gym a few times a week even if I have to sacrifice grading, miss a meeting, or skip some chores at home.
    2. Focus on training for my 5k in March--my goal is to be able to run the entire 3.1 miles though I don't really care how fast I am at this point.
    3. Take vitamins everyday.
    4. Drink more water--it's not something I've ever struggled with, but I don't think I've been getting enough lately.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 247

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018)
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018)

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Cellosmiles
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 257

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 227
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 217

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 30

Thanks for hosting another challenge! I have already dropped over 5 lbs since Christmas Day...so have successfully shed the 'excess bloat'. I have said no to a lot of good eating in the days that followed Christmas. Or have managed to do some 'indulged eating' within my current calorie goals.

I have until Jan17th to lose 7 lbs for a challenge I am in. I hope I make it...I was way to relaxed over the last couple months, urgh. After that, I plan to take my weight loss a bit slower again...and make it a sustainable loss.

Looking forward to these next 2 months. And the year ahead!

Hoping to get below 200 lbs this year! But 207lbs will meet my goal that I set with my husband (lose 50 lbs from my highest).

Also, I am looking forward to February when the farm job starts again...and I have my extremely active days twice a week with all the egg picking...really helps me stay on track with all the built in mandatory exercise!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited January 2018
    Monday check-in (oops...it's Tuesday!! :smiley: ): the holidays are over and I’m ready to get to this fight against my weight. I have slowly increased the amount of food I eat at one time and let carbs/soda get back into my life. DONE! We were in the car coming home from our last holiday yesterday so my “first” day is today. My kids and I have plans to get to the gym.

Personal Goals for 2018:
    1. Train for a 5K…I had planned on doing the Inflatible 5K with my 2 kids this spring but I got a notice that it has been cancelled and received a refund. I’ll take a peak and see if I can’t find another one.
    2. Get back to my vitamins on a daily basis.
    3. Keep a daily “gratitude” diary.
    4. Be better about using lotion (I’m getting older and my skin is SOOOO dry)

@happygirlxxx…I lost (or had it stolen) a camera on the last day of our Mexican vacation last year. It’s such a bummer. I’m glad you had some pictures on your iPhone. I didn’t even take mine with but my husband snapped a total of 3 pictures the whole vacation.
    @misnomer971…starting over is part of this journey (at least for me it is). Every day is a new opportunity for a new start.
    @skinnyjeanzbound…looks like we have a few of the same goals…here’s to 2018
    @cellosmiles…farm work is very good for being active. I grew up on the farm, ate whatever I wanted and between sports and farm work never gained a pound…enter college and city life! :wink:

Here’s to a great 2018 for everyone!

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest Weight: 274
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal weight: 154

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 64 lbs.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    @tracy-- I also need to add the lotion goal. I've always had dry skin, but it's really gotten bad the last couple of years. In the winter, my skin is constantly itchy, and I even have a couple of patches of eczema where in previous years it was just dry skin. Getting older stinks! LOL

@cellosmiles -- that's great that you avoided the after-Christmas binging. I was not so disciplined and the scale is telling the tale. I'm hopeful at least a few pounds are just bloat and will drop quickly...

Tuesday Goals:
    I had a good breakfast of egg whites and baked salmon, so off to a promising start. I need to get some grading done today. I have 24 more essays to grade, so my goal today is to get 12 done today, and the other 12 on Thursday. I will be having a starbucks beverage while I grade, but I will keep it a 'skinny' version to fit within my calorie allowance.

Weighed in this morning, and it isn't pretty. I guess not logging over the holidays wasn't such a great plan. :(

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018) 205
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 42 lbs
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    edited January 2018
    @NewCaddy welcome to the Winter Games Challenge. I just wanted to mention that the goal weight we set here is for the amount we want to lose during the challenge. Since this is only an eight week challenge this time I was thinking you misunderstood and gave your final weight loss goal. How much would you like to lose for this coming 8 weeks as I use that figure in part of my calculations for how everyone is doing?

It's great to see everyone's 2018 resolutions. There are some really great ones, i.e. @skinnyjeanzbound better work/life balance, @NewCaddy your daily gratitude diary, @Misnomer971 taking things slow and focusing more on what you're eating, @Nikion901 I think you mentioned the other day about less time sitting (especially in front of computer) and more time moving around/walking/exercising. Many of you mentioned vitamins and lotion, two important things to remember daily! I'm just going to steal all your resolutions and try to improve my life one day at a time. :) I tend to always be looking/waiting for something in the future and sometimes forget to enjoy the "right now".

Also, @tdunnegan I was so sorry to hear and shocked at how many losses you and your family/friends had during the holiday season. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Have a great evening everyone.

• raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    I am in as well.... I had foot surgery last Wednesday so my activity has been ... well.... no activity if you don't count getting up and using crutches as activity.... but I have kept my calorie intake down since I am not moving much. So count me in for the Winter Games Challenge!!!!

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 252

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 208.8

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost:
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Between my trip to Rome and the fact that I started the year sick I have not been able to exercise; so not totally bad, but could have been better.

Holiday Exercise Plan!

Name: Ana
    Goal: Exercise 3 x week for 45 minutes.

Nov 22: 3x10+K steps + 1x45’ spinning :)
    Nov 29: 1x60’ + 1x30’ spinning + 1x45’ Pilates
    Dec 06: none! Back was hurting :(
    Dec 13: 1x30’ dancing + 1x30’ spinning + 3x10K steps
    Dec 20: 540 min (1x45’ + 3x60’ + 1x15’ pilates + 2x45 yoga + 2x45 + 1x60’ + 1x30’ + 1x15’ spinning + 1x15’ rowing) :)
    Dec 27: 3x10K steps + 3x60’ Pilates :)
    Jan 03: 3x10K Steps + 1 x 45’ Pilates :|
    Jan 10:
  • happygirlxxx
    Homemade flatbread.... yum!

asca696sjirp.jpeg

Super easy to make .... here is the recipe:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/mediterranean-keto-flatbread
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Holiday Exercise Challenge/Goal/Plan

Name: Nikion901 (Niki)
    Goal: 30 minutes workouts 3 times a week

November 22 - 110 minutes, but in 2 sessions
    November 29 - 180 minutes, in 2 sessions again
    December 6 - 225 minutes, in 3 sessions
    December 13 - 120 minutes, in 3 sessions
    December 20 - 60 minutes, in 2 sessions
    December 27 - 30 minutes, 1 session … did not report
    January 3 - 90 minutes, 5 sessions
    January 10

2017 was an up and down year weight-wise for me ... here are my monthly weights in the MFP chart ...
    bwy94900ydtx.jpg

Something occurred to me yesterday, as I was reading through some posts on the message board from new MFP members ... I have not been on a DIET ... I have been on a Mission to CHANGE my lifestyle habits ... and maybe I would have better results if I did 'go on a diet'? ... however I don't think I could, or would want to, stay at a 500 or more calorie deficit every day for as long as it takes to get to where I need my weight to be ... so maybe I can do something along the lines of interval dieting ... where I focus hard and, perhaps have better adherence, to a big deficit, for a month, and then try maintaining that new loss for the second month, and then doing it again? Something I will try ...

Waiting for Friday to post my weight.
  • happygirlxxx
    @Nikion901 good idea to pull that report from MFP ... from mine you can see ... moving to Italy was a mistake :D as of July I hardly loss weight and even gained! All the fault of the Italians and their delicious wine, bread, cheese, gelato .... ;)

ufbtp2ocs54v.png

I don't believe in diets either ... I think the approach we need to take is to find a way to eat healthy delicious food that satisfy us and makes us happy + educate ourselves that we dont need huge quantities of food, sugars, salts, carbs .... we need to change our palate; and as consequence we will lose weight. I agree this is a life style change, not just a quick 3 months weight loss program and then I balloon back 6 months later.
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Carol
    Height: 5' 9"
    Highest weight: 364

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 339
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 329

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:

Total weight lost: 25
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @ana-- I don't know how you manage to not gain more with all the delicious food choices in Italy! I have also started the year off sick. I had the flu right before Christmas and am still dealing with the remnants of it which makes exercise less appealing. Nonetheless, I will head to the gym today. :)

@niki-- I agree with ana about not believing in 'diets'--there's something so restrictive and temporary about that word choice. On the other hand, whatever we eat becomes our diet, and I guess the goal is to change it to something that is nutritious and more conducive to a healthy weight. That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with your plan to lose and then maintain. If anything, it can give your body a chance to get used to your new "normal" weight before dropping more, and perhaps that will lead to less yoyo-ing and more sustained weight loss.

AFM--I almost made my grading goal; managed to grade 10 essays, so I have 14 left for tomorrow. Food choices yesterday were better, then my husband made pizza for dinner and I ate a fanny may pixie for "dessert." The good news is that the box of pixies is almost gone-- one left and I will make my husband eat that one today. LOL Even with the pizza and candy, I was under 1500 calories for the day. Not the 1200 I have set as my goal, but still much better than what I've been eating lately and well under the 1800 or so I require for maintenance.

Also, I had an NSV yesterday. I grew up with a mom who loathed having to throw away food, and I realized several years ago that I sometimes eat food--even if I'm not hungry or don't really like it--just to keep from throwing it out. I worked hard to break that mindset, but I had unknowingly slipped back into it lately. Then yesterday for lunch, I heated up some leftover soup my husband had made the day before. It was from one of those packets where you just add water and simmer, and he warned me that he thought it was salty. I ate a spoonful and, wow, he was right! I was going to just eat it anyways, then I stopped and threw it away instead and ate something that actually tasted good.

Wednesday Wish:
    I really wish the temps here in Chicago would warm up. I don't mind winter, but these single-digit highs and below-zero wind chills are brutal. I was actually excited to see it will be a high of 15 today. How sad is that? LOL

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 42 lbs
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    @bapcarrier... thanks! I’ve updated it below.

@raindogmaa… I think using crutches should count…that’s hard work!

@happygirlxxx… don’t get down on yourself…look where you were at the beginning of 2017 and again at the end…overall a great success!

@skinnyjeanzbound… Karen, yesterday was a heat wave here in ND. On January 1st, we posted the coldest weather anywhere on the planet (not Bismarck, but Hettinger had -45 without taking wind into account). Yesterday, I believe we hit 23 above!

Wednesday Wish: That I could give up carbs easily. Dang, why did I let them back in my life??!!!?! For those that don’t know me, I had Gastric Sleeve surgery in 2016 and simple carbs are a big no/no. I let them back in my life when I went on my vacation to Mexico and they have slowly creeped into a major issue. Oh well! I got rid of them before, I can do it again!

AFM: I made my calorie goal on MFP. Didn’t quite make my carb goal, but it was better than it’s been in weeks. My daughter and I headed to the gym and did day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. She so kindly slow downed for me but we did decide that we needed to be on treadmills instead of the track. That way she can go whatever pace she wants and not wait for her old mom. HA! I also made my fluid goal. I still struggle with plain water from time to time but have found the Walmart brand of pink lemonade (crystal light) appeals to my taste buds so that helps me meet my goal.

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest Weight: 274
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal weight: 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 64 lbs.

Have a great day and drink, drink, drink (your water!! :wink: )
  • TheWerebitch
    TheWerebitch Posts: 4 Member
    This is a group in the community for 100lb motivation? Count me in. I have 195lbs to lose. Nice to meet you!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    *sigh*
    As expected, I lost total control. Until this morning, I hadn't weighed in for over a month. This morning's weigh in finds me UP 16.4 pounds from my 2017 lowest back in September. :'(
    Even though I logged into MFP daily, I didn't log one bite of food since 12/5/17.

Needless to say, I am pages behind with the posts and will do what I can to catch up, but in the meantime...

New year, new me? Here's hoping I can shake the stank off and get back to it! Count me in for the Winter Games!

The Winter Games

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 285.8

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 262.4
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 249.9

Weigh-ins on week of:
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 23.4

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!

45398632.png
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    I'd like to join this challenge. I've really struggled this past year and having lost 80lbs using mfp in the past I know I can do it. I'm seriously stuck in a rut and now at my highest ever weight. One thing I'm missing this time around is accountability.

My biggest vice is sugar and not moving for hours on end at my job also over thinking the whole process of losing weight.

So here goes ...

The Winter Games

Name: katy
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 282

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 282
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 266

Weigh-ins on week of:
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Total weight lost: 0
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited January 2018
    The Winter Games

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 211.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018): 203.6 lbs (-8 lbs this challenge or ~ -1 lb/week).

Weigh-ins (lbs) on Wednesdays (typically), week of:
    Jan 3: 211.6 lbs.(weight loss stalled this week, probably due to adding in 50% of my exercise calories vs 0%).
    Jan 10:
    Jan 17: (on vacation: 12th-20th so I might not find a scales to weigh-in this week).
    Jan 24:
    Jan 31:
    Feb 7:
    Feb 14:
    Feb 21:
    Feb 28:

Weight -/+ this week: 0.0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0.0
    Total weight lost: 105.4 lbs (since 1/3/2017)--today is the "anniversary date" of my diet, so a new start for 2018.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited January 2018
    @Barney-- Happy Anniversary!! What a great accomplishment to have lost so much in a year!

@katy-- sugar (and simple carbs in general) = a problem for me as well. One of my goals as I reduce my calories back to a deficit is to try to minimize my sugar intake, other than from fruit. I am not off to a good start b/c yesterday I finished off some leftover risotto, and then today my friend chose an Italian restaurant for our dinner outing. However, at least I'm getting my calories back under control. Baby steps.

@robin-- yeah, my goal was to try to lose some weight between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and while I did lose a few lbs. in early December, I gained them back PLUS an additional 5 or so over the past few weeks of holiday socializing.

@TheWerebitch -- Welcome to the thread!

@tracy-- I honestly don't know how you survive that kind of cold. We've occasionally experienced wind chills that low, but not as the actual temperature here in Chicago.

AFM-- I decided to switch my gym day to tomorrow simply b/c I was in the mood to clean and that doesn't happen all that often. LOL! By the time I finished with some chores around the house, I didn't have enough time to go to the gym, shower, and get to my parents' house where I was meeting a friend for a dinner date. I did, however, have enough time to grade three more essays, so at least I'm ahead of where I'd hoped to be on that goal. Only 11 left to grade. :)

Tomorrow will be a walk for Gunner, the gym and then grading.

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5:
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9: