2018 Resolutions?

Replies

• NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    1. Wake up earlier to get the most out of my day. I like being up in the early morning. Actually GETTING up early in the morning is quite hard though. I'm aiming to wake up 15 minutes earlier each month until May/June

2. Develop my yoga skills. I started yoga about a month ago. I'm not very flexible and not very strong, but I'm going to commit to doing short yoga routines every day/ other day, gradually increasing the difficulty as I improve. It's also really good for back pain and seems to help me sleep better

3. Be more aware of how stressed and anxious I can get over the tiniest things. As a rule if something is more than a week away then I'm not going to stress over it.

4. Cook more. I used to cook a lot but as Winter set in and my uni deadlines approached I found myself eating more ready meals out of convenience and laziness. I'd like to try new recipes and use more fresh ingredients

5. Forget my weight! Instead, I took my measurements this morning and intend to use them as a measure of progress instead (I also don't want to know how much I weigh after Christmas as I certainly won't be able to say 'it's muscle gain!'...it's fat and water gain). This year I want to focus on fitness, strength and toning rather than weight loss.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 384 Member
    My New Years resolutions for the past few years have always been to lose weight. Last year I almost accomplished it and was less than 10lbs to goal! Then I moved to Rome to work, and put on almost 30lbs.

My New Years resolution isn’t to lose weight this year, ecause my New Years resolutions never work out. My reaolutions are:

1) Get back into my healthy eating habits again by sticking to calorie goals.
    2) Get back into running.
    3) Be more confident.
  • MyRoadto195
    MyRoadto195 Posts: 51 Member
    Have no resolutions, I will keep doing what I was doing for past 2 months where I lost 30lbs. Happy New Year with a lot of lost Weight ahead.
  • callriter
    callriter Posts: 84 Member
    My new health plan includes a gym membership. I want to slowly start a weight training regime. I have lost 50 pounds with no exercise so I'm hoping to put the weight loss into overdrive by adding exercise.
  • ssarzen1976
    ssarzen1976 Posts: 28 Member
    Lay off the alcohol, and push myself to move more, the diet side thankfully has been ok so far.
    Oh and be more patient on the weightloss!
  • Danibreg
    Danibreg Posts: 2 Member
    I did very well with my 2017 resolutions which were to lose weight through exercise and healthy eating, meditate, and take time for family and myself. This year I want to continue with this lifestyle but I would like to train to walk a great hike somewhere like the Grand Canyon. When my youngest daughter goes to college in 4 years I would like to do the Camino de Santiago but until then I need shorter walks/hikes to plan and not lose my momentum. So my goals are:

1. strength train twice a week
    2. yoga twice a week and become more flexible
    3. walk for an hour 3 times a week and hike once a week carrying a backpack for 3 hours or more
    4. plan a hiking trip to Grand Canyon this fall
    5. consider a hiking trip for 2019
    6. lose 11 pounds
    7. say no to volunteer positions more often and only say yes to things I really want to do

Happy New Year's!
  • dblampye
    dblampye Posts: 2 Member
    I want to become a better version of myself in 2018. Both physically and mentally.
  • brenzed
    brenzed Posts: 10 Member
    I love seeing all the goals people set for themselves!

My goals are to drink more water and to beat my PRs for each of my running race lengths. 5K, 10K and Half Marathon. I am running my Half in early March which will be very Chilly here in Canada.
  • fitandpainfree
    fitandpainfree Posts: 38 Member
    Do a little more and eat a little less.
    Do my PT at least twice daily and throw in some fun very low impact moves for fun. (Dr's orders for at least 10 weeks.)
    Keep logging what I eat and the exercise I do so I can see the numbers.
    Stay motivated by visiting this site for inspiration.
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    1. Reach and maintain around 155.
    2. Run 3 miles in 30 minutes
    3. Connect with one friend or family every day even if it's a simple message.
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    #1 - Hit my 100 pound goal by 1/31.
    #2 - Lose 14 more to hit goal weight.
    #3 - Go skydiving!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Have no resolutions, I will keep doing what I was doing for past 2 months where I lost 30lbs. Happy New Year with a lot of lost Weight ahead.

I so agree. Just puts pressure on you and when you mess up it's impossible not successful and will fail. So I too will do what I have been doing for last 3 months. Seems to be workings down less stressful.

• Vincerayner
    Vincerayner Posts: 23 Member
    Lose the 50 pounds I put on in the last 2 years and quit the booze.
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    #1 - Hit my 100 pound goal by 1/31.
    #2 - Lose 14 more to hit goal weight.
    #3 - Go skydiving!

Joined Planet Fitness on Sunday...had my 3rd workout today and decided on goal #4...
    I’m going to master that ArcTrainer!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Do an unassisted chin up. I've never been able to to one. I had to have someone show me how to use the trainer at the gym, and I am naturally at the highest setting, so I have a long way to go.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Fitness related:
    1. Get to my goal weight within half a year (14 pounds in 26 weeks).
    2. Start doing a recomp after achieving #1.
    3. Get stronger by keeping at my routine, doing both weighted and non-weighted compound and isolation exercises.
    4. Once I got a little stronger find a lifting program I can do at home that I like and finish it (thinking about strong curves).
    5. Get back to doing more pilates (At least once a week).
    6. Be proud of my body at the end of the year.