General Chat

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    @tinkerbellang83 Not necessarily bad....just boring as all hell! not a lot to do, and the stuff that I do have to do, I don't want to do!
    That January feeling haha. Just booked half day off next Weds. Don't think I am ready for a full week just yet.

How about you? fun/busy/boring?

Busy but same January feeling, I have a half day "working from home" tomorrow though so will get more done then whilst binge-watching something on netflix lol
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    I wish I could work from home. Re-watching Wentworth at the moment and I could so deal with stupid people while doing that!
  • tinkerbellang83
    I wish I could work from home. Re-watching Wentworth at the moment and I could so deal with stupid people while doing that!

I loved Wentworth, great series. There should be a new season out in April but not sure how much more they can stretch out of it. There are a few series I need to catch up on, mostly superhero stuff.

It's rare I can work from home, only really in extreme cases or when I am sick, but I have a friend moving stuff into my basement storage so asked if I can work from home to accommodate her van hire, etc.
  • beerfoamy
    yeah it was good - they need another series at least!! but yeah,
    when Bea went
    it definitely started a downward slide.

that is very nice management right there! :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    yeah it was good - they need another series at least!! but yeah,
    when Bea went
    it definitely started a downward slide.

that is very nice management right there! :D

Agreed, I thought they did well to carry it on after that, as wasn't sure it would be able to sustain the storyline after.

• beerfoamy
    Do you watch orange is the new black too? that got really dark in last season!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Yeah I do like it but prefer Wentworth, I think because it's darker and grittier than OINTB.
  • beerfoamy
    Yeah, they are good for different moods. :) (until last bit of last OITNB - had to turn it off and wait a few days - really got dark)

And then there is Bad Girls :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    Yeah, they are good for different moods. :) (until last bit of last OITNB - had to turn it off and wait a few days - really got dark)

And then there is Bad Girls :D

I don't think I ever watched Bad Girls. I am actually re-watching Friends at the moment, Netflix just added it :smile:
  • beerfoamy
    Yay Friends!!
    Still my quotable content for life :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    I am compared to Monica constantly for my OCD tendencies - I even have a ribbon drawer
  • beerfoamy
    But how many towels? :D

I am compared to Chandler for sarcasm and Joey for food - in particular, 'JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!'
  • tinkerbellang83
    I have used that line myself :lol: I do have towels for camping/cleaning, normal towels, good towels, guest towels :|
  • beerfoamy
    :D yay guest towels!

hehe tis a good line!

PIVOT, PIVOT, PIVOT is another one that is used regularly
  • beerfoamy
    eek, am having hair cut tomorrow and am worrying now that the bob style I want will not suit me!
    it never looks as cool as you imagine it will :/

but......it can always be grown out.....and breathe.......hope it works haha
  • tinkerbellang83
    Bobs suit pretty much everyone so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • beerfoamy
    Bobs suit pretty much everyone so I wouldn't worry too much.

heh good to know! :D cheers
  • beerfoamy
    edited January 2018
    Half day today! haircut at 1:30

feeling odd today - been on here for a year, not hit goal yet. I know all the things like marathon not sprint as have spent a year reading forums but still, feel a bit - 'this wasn't where I wanted to be when I had new hair'

haha daft when I type it! :D am probably only 13lbs away from goal right now - and 30lbs away from total final goal which I'd like to hit by June.

Just need to refocus on where I am NOW and stop planning so far ahead. Plus I really think this is still downward mood spiral caused from eating all the 'crap' food over christmas, this last year has really given me an insight into those!

ramble over :D
  • tinkerbellang83
    I am kind of in the same position, I've taken a lot of days at maintenance over the last year with travel, PMS, illness, etc, theoretically if I hadn't I would have been at around 55lbs loss by now instead of 35lb, but in reality if I hadn't taken those days I'd have quit and been either maintaining a lower loss, or have just re-gained it altogether.

Taking it slower means we are more likely to stick to it, I could happily eat this way for the rest of my life and the good news is when I get to maintaining, I get to eat a little more. It's good to have a plan, I have planned even past getting to my intial goal, but it's also smart to be able to re-evaluate goals if you realise it's not attainable.
  • beerfoamy
    Yeah, I haven't had a problem yet with moving goalposts if I don't hit a mini target but think I had just built up the 'year' too much in my head without realising it.

I agree that I can eat like this no problems though, which is really good. :D