What now?

I ate a whole box of mike and Ike’s candy in one sitting at 150 calories per serving put me way over calorie limit!! Now what

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Chalk it up to a bad day and do better next time. Nothing you can do about it now but learn from it and move on.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited January 2018
    I ate a whole thing of boursin cheese with some crackers last night (to the tune of around 800-900 calories), I logged it, it put me 350 calories over but sure, that still leaves me in a 150 calorie deficit for the day. I know I can't moderate cheese, and only had it in for Christmas, won't buy it again til next year. I am not going to try and counter it by eating that much less today or tomorrow, I am just going to go back to my normal routine.

Like @livingleanlivingclean says understanding the why is really the only thing you need to do, because it will help you avoid it becoming a regular occurrence.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    I ate a whole box of mike and Ike’s candy in one sitting at 150 calories per serving put me way over calorie limit!! Now what

now nothing...

log it, move on.

maybe think about why you ate it all, to prevent it happening again.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Log it and keep moving forward. What's done is done. Also, remember that your calorie goal puts you in a deficit. Depending on what you have it set to lose it is likely you didn't even go above maintenance. Even if you did you just move on and keep trying.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Now you be kind to yourself and shrug it off. We all do things that in retrospect we wish we had not. But, you can't change the past. Learn from the past, work on the present and the future.
  • ItsMyLife1956
    ItsMyLife1956 Posts: 13 Member
    I have stopped focusing on the bad days, after reading this.

http://physiqonomics.com/magnifying-glass-effect/
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    How about a nice long walk to relax and burn a few extra calories. These things happen to everyone.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    edited January 2018
    You possibly delayed reaching your ultimate goal weight by as much as a couple of hours. As long as you don't do it regularly, no big deal. Log it and go on.

As others have said, it's worth a few minutes trying to figure out why it happened (stress? boredom? emotions? social triggers? not enough sleep? non-filling meal choices beforehand? etc.). Make a plan to handle similar situations differently in future, rehearse it in your head a couple of times, then go on with life.

Don't bother feeling angry or guilty: It feels bad from the inside, and burns no extra calories. ;)
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    just log it and carry on. Better luck tomorrow
  • greenlizard72
    greenlizard72 Posts: 76 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You possibly delayed reaching your ultimate goal weight by as much as a couple of hours.

Awesome perspective

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    Buy an apple.

Really, plan AHEAD, we all like a snack, just get some healthy to snack on and portions matter.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    You cry, beat yourself up about it, then spiral into a cycle of self-loathing and binges...

...Just kidding! One day won't hurt you in the long run. If you can eat a bit lighter for the rest of the day, that would be ideal - but since candy isn't very filling, your hunger levels might be normal and you may just want to have a high-calorie day. Don't worry about it, get back on track tomorrow. Pre-logging can help prevent this type of thing! If you would've pre-logged that whole box of candy before you started eating, do you think you still would've eaten them all?
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    Forgive yourself and move on! Dont let one bad day or mistake turn into two that turns into a bad week that turns into a bad month that turns into a bad year... Just let it be one bad mistake, forgive yourself, and get right back on track.

We ALL do it so it will be ok, just try to do better next time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    I have stopped focusing on the bad days, after reading this.

http://physiqonomics.com/magnifying-glass-effect/

@ItsMyLife1956 That's really useful. Bookmarked, thanks for posting it.