Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    That's from a nice authentic Mexican restaurant (Guadalajara). Inexpensive and super good service all the time. Fast and the food is always hot.
    I've got a big cooking day again tomorrow so we just had Jimmy John sandwiches for dinner (yes...
    I had meat).... I had my chia concoction right after dinner...def replaces a dessert for me. Had a good day today and started to get wanna eat hungry about 4 but I stuck it out. I've been liking the 'ICE' water...probably bad for me huhn?! Haha
    I'm looking forward to some salads after tomorrow...Thinking I may get the 30 count chick fillet nuggets to have in the house. That would be an easy protein to top the salad with...6 to 8 of them ought to do it. They taste yummy and there are never any surprises :s
    Happy New Year to everyone & hope everyone's 'smaller' wishes come true next year. <3
    hpdxi7tquwao.jpg
    if4ba0oj62ds.jpg

• jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    The Mexican meal looked sooo good!

Happy New Year to you and may your 2018 wishes come true too.

Have you weighed yourself yet? It was a good idea to not do so while you're bloated with food and water weight!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Happy new year!
    I have seen that water in the store before but have never tried it! What exactly is it?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Ice water has no calories and is delicious :)
  • brittdee88
    So is it like La Croix?
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I love the sparkling ice teas and waters
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    So is it like La Croix?

I never had La Croix...Ice is a flavored carbonated water, my granddaughter calls it a spicy drink :D
  • katjustkat
    edited January 2018
    Happy New Year everyone :)
    Happy new year!
    I have seen that water in the store before but have never tried it! What exactly is it?
    I took a pic of the ingredients. It is calorie free sparkly water that is sweet and tart. I really like it as a treat. I like the grapefruit, grape raspberry and the black cherry.

jeanona wrote: »
    The Mexican meal looked sooo good!

Happy New Year to you and may your 2018 wishes come true too.

Have you weighed yourself yet? It was a good idea to not do so while you're bloated with food and water weight!

Have not weighed myself. Weighing is a huge mental ordeal for me :s I'll start my count down again soon. I'm doing OMAD and weighing or not... that's what I would be doing anyways. If my weight freaks me out...it makes me want to put additional restrictions on my eating and then it's too much for me and I quit. This way....I just do OMAD and my mind thinks "good you're 100% on track'. I have zero other challenges or addictions in my life so this is my one and only very own biggie.
    So the family wanted ribs for New Years dinner so we had; ribs, baked potatoes, coleslaw, baked beans and bread.
    (I packed up all the left overs and sent em home with my daughter and son in law that are a lil too skinny & I don't think cooking is their favorite thing).That'll be the last pork or beef I have...chicken and fish here on out with some just vegetarian. My son is going on the 4 hour diet so...yay no more junk drawer! I was not used to having any junk in the house so it was challenging to have stuff when you're thinking of food. His diet will consist of protein, legumes and vegetables. So since I cook dinner I can incorporate his food into my meal. (I won't limit myself to solely his food though).
    Hope everyone had a great day :)
    c08ey8rvay6x.jpg
    0gymhvrlyu3f.jpg

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I haven't weighed myself either! I'm a big proponent of weighing every day to see what is going on, but for some reason I didn't want to even see it over Xmas. I think I needed a break. And now of course, I know my weight is up! Will probably bite the bullet on Friday and just deal with the pain... :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Be patient with the scale. It doesn't always show what is going on. No need to get more restrictive unless the scale doesn't move for at least two weeks I would think.
  • brittdee88
    It looks like it uses Splenda! Ok, that makes sense then. La Croix is sparkling water with like a flavor extract added, so it’s not sweet at all. It’s like flavored seltzer. So good!
    I also struggle with the scale sometimes. It can really make or break a day, but I know I can’t stay off of it for too long. With being so short, I really can’t let my weight creep up (like I did over holiday). I like the scale for keeping me in check, but then I hate it when I have been super consistent and don’t see any movement. It’s such a toss-up! But I echo Bob — try to be consistent for a while before changing things up (of course I have a hard time following that advice myself if that wasn’t already evident by my authoring 3-4 different OMAD threads...).
  • katjustkat
    Whirlwind day running around town. I had a chick fillet sandwich and 6 nuggets in the car around 6:30 pm. I had my cinnamon, ginger, turmeric tea early in the day. Had my chia concoction after dinner. All is gooood. Super tired so bonne nuit et a demain ;) Hope everyone had a great day.
  • jeanona
    Kat, that's what I've also been doing while on a holiday. Not weighing but trying to stick with OMAD. I do find myself roughly counting calories, which is a mindset I still can't get out of yet.

Family dinner looked great and glad to hear that the chia concoction's still working for you!

Have a great day today :)
  • blambo61
    Kat, that's what I've also been doing while on a holiday. Not weighing but trying to stick with OMAD. I do find myself roughly counting calories, which is a mindset I still can't get out of yet.

Family dinner looked great and glad to hear that the chia concoction's still working for you!

There is nothing wrong with counting calories, it just takes some time but if needed is worth it.
  • brittdee88
    Please share your tea recipe! I also make an anti-inflammatory tea, but I haven't been drinking it much lately. Maybe I will start having it on my active rest days to aid in recovery.
  • katjustkat

Yeah...I think as long as we stick to OMAD and we don't just eat and eat and eat...we should be ok calorie wise....I basically eat a regular dinner that I would eat if I wasn't eliminating stuff. So I figure I'm eliminating breakfast and lunch calories. I was never a snacker so I didn't have a problem with that. (Once I started OMAD and if I ate outside of my window than I could not stop eating...100% baffling). When i used to count calories on MFP I would have to add fake calories to get them high enough so that it would record my calories from the day. It seemed hard for me to get to 1000 calories even eating 3 meals...but that's because I ate very calorie efficiently...
    Please share your tea recipe! I also make an anti-inflammatory tea, but I haven't been drinking it much lately. Maybe I will start having it on my active rest days to aid in recovery.

Britt, I'm a wing it kind of gal but basically I put a large mug of water in the microwave for 3 minutes. Be careful because sometimes when I add the spices it'll react and bubble over. So after the microwave I add roughly 1/2 teaspoon each of organic Ceylon cinnamon, turmeric and ginger. All of those are in powder form. There is no 'tea'. I just stir those up and that's all I do. I don't add a sweetener or anything else...it's good to me just like that. I keep a spoon and keep stirring as I drink because a lot of the spices sink to the bottom. I end up adding a full mug of water a couple times because there's so much sediment. I have been sleeping better and I wonder if it has to do with the 'tea'? I still do the chia seeds but right before or after dinner...for the added protein and fiber.
    Today I threw out all of the white stuff. I'm not going to do 100% like my son but if I'm cooking like that for him I may as well have it too....loosely though because I hate rules...
    Dinner tonight was chicken, lentils, spinach and broccoli and a lil kimchi. I got into some candied nuts a neighbor brought over but...they have been taken care of too. Took a couple bites of my dinner before I remembered a picture.
    Hope everyone had a terrific day :)g4pto3glpchb.jpg
  • blambo61
    How long do you soak chia seeds? What are some "efficient" recipes? I need to fill up on some low cal stuff. I can still eat a ton in my eating window.
  • brittdee88
    edited January 2018
    That's how I make my teas, too, except I use the dried roots! I'm definitely going to make some tonight. I can definitely use a good night's sleep!
    Your meal looks good! Good luck with the no white stuff! :#
  • katjustkat
    blambo61 wrote: »
    How long do you soak chia seeds? What are some "efficient" recipes? I need to fill up on some low cal stuff. I can still eat a ton in my eating window.

I soak them when I make my coffee in the morning. I just add water and put them in the frig. I think they could be ready in ten minutes but I leave them for a couple hours because I like them super thick. Just make some at night for the next day. Like 4 tablespoons raw chia to 1 cup water... They'll last several days if you want to make a big batch and just spoon some out when you need them. You can put them in a smoothie if you like. I just scoop some out and add or sugar free cocoa powder or about a tablespoon of cream and two stevia packs. It tastes good to me and replaces dessert now. I'm sure you can add them to jello or oatmeal or anything you like. Just try them plain after soaking...they're gooey but really no taste if you just want a couple bites for energy.
    They're fiber, protein and fat (omega 3). So they'll satisfy your hunger in a good way.
    That's how I make my teas, too, except I use the dried roots! I'm definitely going to make some tonight. I can definitely use a good night's sleep!
    Your meal looks good! Good luck with the no white stuff! :#

Yeah...I guess I make the 'tea' the lazy way. I'm an easy peasy kind of gal. I had some rice tonight because hubby wanted rice and beans tonight. Only white I didn't throw out was the pasta and rice. Don't eat a lot of that but I'm not on my son's diet...just eating what he's eating plus something else if I want it. I did throw out all baked goods, sugar, bread crackers...snacky white stuff that calls ya when the thought pops in your head.
    So tonight I had rice and black beans and grilled chicken. Had my tea earlier and will have it again here in a lil bit. Also have been taking capsules of turmeric and cinSulin from costco. Todays OMAD went well...got a lil koo-koo hungry around 11 am but I just stayed upstairs. I totally get ravenous if i sit in the family room next to the kitchen...just can't do it. Funny because I don't get the least bit hungry when I'm in the grocery store. Weird what triggers us...Hope everyone had a great day and oh...no snow here in Colorado...yet... :p
    u3prl90j9teu.jpg
  • jeanona
    Doing great, Kat.

I think your chia concoction is like my oats & banana porridge thingy. I call it oats but oats is just a small part, it's got wheat bran, low fat muesli, oats, bananas etc and it's not really porridge too. Only looks like it and usually about 300-400 calories for a large bowl.
    blambo61 wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with counting calories, it just takes some time but if needed is worth it.

True, nothing wrong but I'm trying to get away from the mindset. I'd rather eat what I want in my meal, not count and just restrict or fast for the rest of the time. It's easier for me that way!