Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    @skinnyjeanzbound yum italian food another weakness of mine !

Thursday lunchtime for me and so far I've had a successful day. I received a fitbit for Christmas so have that set up to buzz me every hour to get me moving and achieving my hourly step goal. Even if I have to walk up and down the office corridor in my work place I will get my steps in!! The weather is shocking so no lunchtime walk for me today.

This morning I also dug out my weight loss charm bracelet. I have numerous charms which I plan to add at weight loss milestone. I find it a really motivating way to keep track.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy day :)

• ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    @ anyone... what does AFM stand for?

As For Me

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2018
    Greetings from Venice .... burning calories walking and trying to stay warm :#

No news about my camera so iPhone pics it is!

o0bkpebwixu8.jpeg

@bapcarrier I don’t have a scale here so will submit my weight on Saturday when back home.

Keep warm everyone; seen on the news it’s quite cold there.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Thursday Truth ... It is really enjoyable for me to see so many post on this thread. You may not realize it, but you are my social network ... and I so much look forward to reading what you share with us. It helps make me feel connected to the world outside my snug little house.

Sometimes I have wishful thinking about getting back into the labor stream with a part time job ... what's holding me back from actually going business to business asking for work is that I fear not many employers would be willing to put up with my physical limitations and needs ... I cannot stand up for longer than a few minutes without my legs and feet going numb .. but I can keep upright if I walk about slowly with something to hold onto, and of course, I can sit for a long time, although I do get up every 30 to 40 minutes because I need to P (TMI!!!) .... :s

@Ana ... I love that you have been posting such interesting pictures! Are you keeping any sort of special named theme for archiving them? Like ... "A Photo a Day", or "My Walks", or "My Food"... ? I have a FB friend who has, for many years, taken walks through cemeteries at every city she is in. Somewhere along the way she started to paint happy faces on small stones and rocks and started leaving them at the graves sites that moved her in some way, and then she started snapping a photo of it. Now ... she has a regular movement of people who follow her picture trail and has even had a news article published about it. Following her "Rock Smiley" photos and the newsy links she posts with them is an informal history lesson!

@pneschich ... I can remember the posts you made here when you were struggling with the decision of 'should I do it or not' about the gastric sleeve ... meeting you on here and reading your story had brought back memories of my own, now departed, younger brother ... who was the 'Big Man' in our farm community village. When the call came over the emergency airwaves that he needed an ambulance everyone knew where to go just with the words "Big Man Down" ... and they knew special equipment would be needed to transport him to the hospital .. on that last ride. I'm so glad you have made the transition and I'm rooting for you to 'never go back'.

@skinnyjeanzbound ...It is such a pleasure to see you back posting on here, I missed you! ... You always know just the right small remark to make to everyone you tag a message to, and at the same time reveal just a small bit about yourself as it relates. That's a real talent! Plus, your adherence to organizing and tracking your goals has helped me, over time, to organize and track my own better.

Welcome @neonpink ... that is such a great idea ...the charm bracelet to track your weight loss milestones! At the slow rate I am progressing in mine, I could probably afford gold nuggets on a bracelet of my own!

AFM .. more personals at another time.
    Third day finished, successfully, and 362 days to go!
    Niki <3
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Thursday Truth: Today was going to be day 2 of my C25K program, but my legs hurt too much to do it. One more day of rest and I’ll hit it tomorrow instead.

@BarneyRubbleMD…wow! You’ve had a great year for weight loss! Keep it up!
    @Karen.. I can say that I’m glad I got my automatic car starter installed 3 weeks ago…just in time for the terrible temps. I’m glad I can say that we don’t see those temps very often/long. We usually get 1-2 cold snaps a year. Bragging rights!
    @pneschich…you are doing great! I agree…I made the decision based on not wanting to turn into my mom – who can’t really enjoy her family and is on dialysis and pain medication. I have been “stuck” for quite some time but I’m back on track now and hopefully 2018 will see me meet my goal.
    @Niki…one day at a time…that’s all we can do right? You’ve got this.

AFM. Yesterday was church night. Normally, my kids and I eat at church and then head to our various church activities, but I knew it would be carb heavy…so my daughter and I head to Wings and Rings and got boneless wings. Good protein, low carb and leftovers! I had a super day with fluids yesterday and actually my macros were pretty good too. I’ve got my lunch packed for today and headed for another good day as I’m on my 2nd drink of the day. Plus, I planned ahead and I know exactly what I’m having for supper tonight. It’s going to be a great day!!
  • mitzi2013
    mitzi2013 Posts: 47 Member
    Thursday Truth: Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this thread. I've been on and off of MFP for years. I'm at my highest weight EVER right now, 262. My lowest weight since the beginning of my journey was 187. That was in May of 2015. I've just been on a down slide since then. I'm trying to make it right now!!!
  • Nikion901
    mitzi2013 wrote: »
    Thursday Truth: Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this thread. I've been on and off of MFP for years. I'm at my highest weight EVER right now, 262. My lowest weight since the beginning of my journey was 187. That was in May of 2015. I've just been on a down slide since then. I'm trying to make it right now!!!

Hi - welcome ... why don't you consider joining us for our Winter Games weight reporting challenge ... Our first weigh-in is Friday ... you can see the format a few posts back ... we've all been reporting our start weight. You just have to weigh in by Friday of the week to have your weight count into the weekly totals, but even if you miss that, you can still keep yours accountable by posting any time. ... I find this helps me a lot!

PS ... I pop in here often, cause I report each meal AFTER I've eaten it and sometimes take a peek at the threat when I do that. Some people report their food all at one time at the end of the day, others use MFP food diary as a pre-planner for what they will eat that day ... but for me, it has helped to 'guestimate' my meals better when I think about the meal I'm putting together, eat it, then record it to ... then I can see how close I have come in in my my visual perception of the amount of calories I am about to consume! Funny, I often find that I am under guessing by up to 10% ...!!!! WOW ....

Anyway ... good luck on your newest efforts ... if you want it, you can get it ... if you try!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Hi All....finally back from vacation. I read all the posts since I left town...way too many to reply to individually. :smile: I see the new Winter Games challenge starts tomorrow. Friday is my normal WI day so that will work perfectly for me. Count me in, although my start weight will have to be whatever I weigh in at tomorrow. I'm sure I have gained more than I care to think about it, but it was a good vacation and now I'm back to normal eating, starting today. Will see what my overall damage was from 2 weeks ago, which was my last WI.

Wishing everyone everything they need for total happiness and health. Stay warm for those in the Arctic temps that seem to have covered much of the U.S. We are so bitter cold here. I don't go out unless I really have to! Take care all. Welcome to all the new people!
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Name: Connie
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 285.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 249.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 240

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 244.4
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: 5.4 (water weight, I'm sure)
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 5.4
    Total weight lost: 41.2
  • Nikion901
    Name: Niki
    Height: 5' 2.5"
    Highest weight: 278.4

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 236.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 227.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 232.7
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -3.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.8
    Total weight lost: -45.7
  • b_lisieux
    Name: Margie
    Height: 5' 1 ½”
    Highest weight: 295 (Late Aug.2017)

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 278.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 271.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 278.25
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -.25
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -.25
    Total weight lost: 16.75

Happy that since the week before Thanksgiving, until today, I have only gone up 4.25 lbs! Considering all of the social events and two trips in there, I'm considering that a win for this holiday season! :wink:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited January 2018
    Friday Fitness: My plan for the week is to be at the gym 3 times.

@Niki… I always go in and try to plan my food for the day (adjust carbs etc as needed), but then I go back in and log after the meals too so I have an exact replication of my day.
    @Connie… water weight is still weight! (That’s what my loss was too)

AFM: I know I’ve only worked 4 days this week, but what a LONG week at work! 6 hours and counting! My family is having spaghetti tonight – with garlic bread! I’m babysitting my new nephew and 2 year old niece at their house so I’m going to take chicken tenderloins with me and eat that…it’s best I’m away from the garlic bread…too tempting.

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest Weight: 274
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal weight: 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 202.8
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: - 7.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.2
    Total weight lost: 64 lbs.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Good morning! I don't have a lot of time b/c I'm going to a friend's house for lunch and some chores to finish first. Just wanted to pop in and post my weight for the week. Down 2 lbs of what I'm sure was bloat from all the holiday eating. I was honestly hoping I would drop more in these first few days, but something is better than nothing. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 247

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018) 205
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 203
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost: 44 lbs
  • b_lisieux
    @NewCaddy Can you please tell me, what does AFM mean?
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi all,

My first few days back on the wagon have gone ok. I'm hitting my calorie goal, keeping my sugar low and getting my steps in. It doesn't seem to have registered on the scale yet although I guess it's only been 2 days. I used to drop weight rapidly to start with and it would be a big motivator but it just doesn't seem to happen anymore.

The Winter Games

Name: katy
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 282.6

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 282.6
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 266

Weigh-ins on week of:
    Jan 5: 282.4
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.2lbs
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: 0.2lbs
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Greetings Group --

Good news is that I am recuperating, slowly but surely, from my foot surgery. I pushed it a little too hard by going back to work this week. They sent me home yesterday because I was hurting a bit... so I am home, in bed, propped up, foot elevated and checking in on MFP. The bad news is that I am regaining my appetite. I am up 1.1 this week from last and that is no good. I did so well during December and through the Holidays and need to keep that up. My motivation was to lose some pounds before the surgery knowing that I would be on crutches. 10 lbs less definitely helped but now I see it all creeping back if I am not careful. BOT - Back on Track - for me.

@happygirlxxx Love the photos you post from Rome! I went to Italy in 2005 and LOVED IT! You are very lucky to live there. You are also rocking it on the exercise... a constant inspiration.

@NewCaddy I am with you there on the lotion situation. I always forget and then my dry hands or elbows just bug me. I bought some new bottles to have near my bed, in my kitchen and at work. Now just have to remember to use them!

@cellosmiles I also would like to know what "AFM" means.

@BarneyRubbleMD Wow... Congrats on all the weight you lost in 2017! Really inspiring.

@b_lisieux Welcome back! Hope you had a great time on vacation!

@Nikion901 Way to go on a successful 1st week! Whoo hoo! @NewCaddy too! Wow! @skinnyjeanzbound too!

WINTER GAMES HAVE BEGUN....

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 252

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 208.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 209.9
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week:+1.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +1.1
    Total weight lost: -42.9
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    @NewCaddy Can you please tell me, what does AFM mean?

As for me (i asked that one just a day or two ago in here as well :D )
  • cellosmiles
    The Winter Games

Name: Cellosmiles
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 257

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 227
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 217

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 223.4
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -3.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.6
    Total weight lost: -33.6

So far i lost all the christmas bloat and then some...i have 3.4lbs to go by Jan17th. Its going to be real close...but hoping i make this deadline. As i really need the money that i will make from it. Ack!

Just working hard to stay away from the junk food!!! But i ate a chocolate bar last night. I just couldnt keep my brain away from wanting it. So back with it today...life moves on.

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • b_lisieux
    @cellosmiles Thanks!!! I'm usually pretty good at figuring out acronyms but that one had me stumped! :wink:
  • cellosmiles
    @b_lisieux wrote: »
    @cellosmiles Thanks!!! I'm usually pretty good at figuring out acronyms but that one had me stumped! :wink:

I know right. I puzzled about it for a while and saw several posts with it. And was like...what the heck! What do i not know now. HAHA!

I was too stupid to ask about "SO" forever too...after a few weeks i figured it must mean 'Significant Other'

I didnt feel like waiting weeks to figure this new one out :D