Macros and percentages

4031isaiah
4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
I really don’t like how you can’t just set your macros at a certain percentage and have it keep a consistent # of grams to aim for. The #s never used to change, now they vary with each food entry and I don’t like that.

Does anyone know of a solution or a work around for that?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    If you have any trackers in sync with MFP the number of grams change as your fit bit or whatever gadget you have set to sync, syncs - adding exercise calories and therefore adjusting grams. Is that what you are asking/talking about?

OR if you personally exercise and add calories burned, the grams and calories adjust up. That is how MFP is designed. It is based on NEAT.

The work around is to disconnect fitness trackers like fitbit. Or you can override any exercise calories MFP provides and just enter 1 calorie burned for any given exercise.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    You can also set it to not subtract the calories, you used to be able to do so.
  • 4031isaiah
    How do I do that?
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    You can also set it to not subtract the calories, you used to be able to do so.

Agreed! I've been looking for this function though! Do you know where it is? I know you used to be able to not use your exercise calories but I've been gone for a few years now and I don't remember where that is.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    I went looking just now and didn't see it, but I'll look for it some more.. You can always go back in to the exercise, edit it, and make the calories 1 or something.
  • 4031isaiah
    Thanks.
  • k2626k
    k2626k Posts: 15 Member
    If you want exercise to not be counted then go to the goals tab and at the bottom you can turn off the exercise switch - that way exercise caps aren't subtracted because they always read as zero.
  • jimcat11
    jimcat11 Posts: 1 Member
    If I have my % for fat set at 46g. I see this today Your Daily Goal 2,382 298 66 149 1,500 89, is this because I have a fitbit or the like connected to MFP? and it is suggesting after exercise 66 %= my daily goal of 46%?
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    I don’t know what’s going on but the fat has been way off. I think. Celery has fat? Onions have fat? Maybe if I cook them in it but...
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    I don’t know what’s going on but the fat has been way off. I think. Celery has fat? Onions have fat? Maybe if I cook them in it but...

They both have less than 1 gram of fat. If you are seeing a lot of food in the database that has fat, you are probably better off to add your own food. There is a lot of food in the database that have incorrect entries. It is all user added, so someone like you or me has added it and put in their own numbers. I think some people like to mess with it. I know when I first started, I found a food that had over 3000 calories, a ton of carbs/fat/protein. That's when I realized that all of the foods weren't correct. You can search thru all the entries until you find one that is correct, or add your own so you know it's correct.