Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• _riotgrrrl_
    _riotgrrrl_ Posts: 7 Member
    ADD ME PLEASE! I'm all about the CI<CO!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    How do you make your rice? That sounds delicious and my son loves pulled pork. Those are all foods we use in regularity just not ever together.

Just Minute Rice that I add lime juice and chopped cilantro to. I'm all about easy.

I'm super into my rice cooker, but if it's thaaaaaaaaaaaaat easy I can get a lime and cilantro easy peasy.

I do the same thing with long-cooking rice. Just cook as usual, then after it's done stir in some lime juice and chopped cilantro. Yummy! :yum:

God, that sounds healthy......

:)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    How do you make your rice? That sounds delicious and my son loves pulled pork. Those are all foods we use in regularity just not ever together.

Just Minute Rice that I add lime juice and chopped cilantro to. I'm all about easy.

I'm super into my rice cooker, but if it's thaaaaaaaaaaaaat easy I can get a lime and cilantro easy peasy.

I do the same thing with long-cooking rice. Just cook as usual, then after it's done stir in some lime juice and chopped cilantro. Yummy! :yum:

White rice, dude. :D:p
  • fitoverfortymom

Exactly. I squeeze two limes into the rice, and about a half of a bunch of cilantro, chopped. That's when I make six servings of rice.

Rice only comes in batches of 6, IMO.

Or more!

When I make more, I save a portion for rice pudding. So good when you need carbs.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited January 2018

White rice, dude. :D:p

Yeah, what she said! Preferably jasmine rice.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    A lunch guest brought us a box of individually-wrapped toasted coconut turtles (the chocolate-caramel morsels, now with added coconut). I'm rationing them.

Okay, last night I slipped and had a bunch but at 80 calories each, I can have 1 or 2 a day.
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Love this thread! I'm far from a healthy eater, at the moment my main focus is hitting my calorie target.
  • darlibby
    darlibby Posts: 37 Member
    I like to save my calories for brownies.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018

Well, we got home late and it turned into pulled pork on hamburger buns and sliced cucumber on the side. Too tired and hungry! And the buns were cheap WalMart white buns. Is that better, @tacklewasher?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Sometimes that last 250 calories, just needs to be a milkyway.
  • quiksylver296
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Sometimes that last 250 calories, just needs to be a milkyway.

Exactly.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    OMG .... I love this group!!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Well, we got home late and it turned into pulled pork on hamburger buns and sliced cucumber on the side. Too tired and hungry! And the buns were cheap WalMart white buns. Is that better, @tacklewasher?

Yup. Much better. Now if it was fries instead of cucumber....

Funny thing on the buns. The cheap ones are often way less calories than the expensive ones.
  • quiksylver296

Yup. Much better. Now if it was fries instead of cucumber....

Funny thing on the buns. The cheap ones are often way less calories than the expensive ones.

Right?!?

And fries would have taken time to cook. I was seriously hangry.

And my microwave bit the dust, so nothing is cooking quickly unless I crock-pot it in the morning.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    My friend sent delicious homemade Christmas cookies. I’ve been nibbling on them here and there. Last night I made kofta ground beef and homemade tatziki, with a little side salad veggie mix thing. My first foray into anything “Greek” at home
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Had a Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Chip muffin for breakfast. Not that great tasting, unfortunately.

My mom made one of her wonderful chicken dishes recently, and I can't wait to get the servings she saved for me. It's chicken in a cream of mushroom and sour cream sauce on top of dried beef slices with bacon on top, served over brown rice. She considers it "healthy" because it's chicken. Love my mom =) But also will say that she's maintained a healthy weight cooking dishes like this, so she knows how to balance.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    i've been so off track and didn't really log or care over the holidays, but i *am* getting back into the swing of things now, it's not even the eating that's been killing me, it's the wine, craft beer and coquito.

last night for the bama game though i was craving my favorite meal from my favorite bar so i made it at home. blackened mahi mahi sandwich served on garlic bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and homemade tartar sauce and accompanied by waffle fries. no regrets. except for how full i was. and the mini chocolate bundt cake i had after.
  • quiksylver296
    i've been so off track and didn't really log or care over the holidays, but i *am* getting back into the swing of things now, it's not even the eating that's been killing me, it's the wine, craft beer and coquito.

last night for the bama game though i was craving my favorite meal from my favorite bar so i made it at home. blackened mahi mahi sandwich served on garlic bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and homemade tartar sauce and accompanied by waffle fries. no regrets. except for how full i was. and the mini chocolate bundt cake i had after.

That sounds amazing! :drinker:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    today for lunch i had leftover chicken and sausage gumbo and for dinner a hawaiian style chicken.

and chocolate for dessert :P
  • fitoverfortymom
    tonight's dinner is red pepper, tomato, and smoked gouda soup with italian-style meatballs and a baguette. the soup is in the slow cooker and it's all i can smell at home today! i think i'm more excited because of the quantity of food more than anything else. it's a big-*kitten* bowl of soup, plus three meatballs, and 1/4 of a long baguette (with olive oil of course). YUMMM.

i would really dig a fish sandwich, though. hubby is traveling next week for work and doesn't eat fish. i might have to whip some fish sandwiches up for my son and me one night.