Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    edited January 2018
    Finally, a better day! I'm within my calories and I drank about 90% of my water and the day isn't over yet so I'll get that water where it should be by the end of the day.

Have a great evening, everyone and welcome to the new folks. :)
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    well I had a productive day.

I took the dogs on a walk around the pond at lunch time. It is nice that the snow has melted now and the broken limbs have been moved, so it is walkable again :)

I decided to try an aquafit class at the local pool tonight. Was my first time trying that, but gonna try to go back again. After the 45 min class...I swam and walked laps for another 45 min.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Wednesday Wishes!!

I wish I would not had that 2nd piece of broccoli quiche … which btw was delicious and I am not feeling sick either; but my point is … if I felt satisfied when I was done with the 1st piece why did I need to eat the 2nd one just because I was like 300 calories below 1,000 calories and I would not have been able to close my diary?

So, do you always stuff yourself just to get to your calorie limit? Is it that bad if you don’t get to the 1,200 calories? Not every day, but it can’t be that bad if once in a while happens, right?

So anyway, I am not feeling bad because of the food, but I just ate since I felt I had to, not because I needed to.

For those who like to cook / meal prep, here is the recipe: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/crustless-broccoli-quiche.html

I divided in 8 portions and its delicious cold as well, so perfect to take to work for lunch with a salad or even for breakfast … eggs and cheese, what’s not to like!! And for those who follow low carb … I think its less than 5 grams / portion :)

@bapcarrier I am glad you had a better day; looks you had better control of your food and water. I don’t know why is is so hard to keep hydrated … I think its funny that I need to be counting the glasses.

@cellosmiles I have friend that does aquafit and she loves it; its a great exercise and I think that anything with water is so relaxing .. I would have slept so deep after all that workout.

@NewCaddy how fun! I think I should do the same, because its been so many years that I have watched most of the movies that now I am so confused :# I keep asking my husband and who is this, why is that, etc he just looks at me like I am a Star Wars lost cause :D

OK, time to get going. My doggies don’t know it but … its time to go get a bath!!!! The little one won’t be too happy about it … but I want him to be all cute for his birthday tomorrow, he is turning 15 … my quinceanero ;)

Have an awesome Wednesday everyone!
  • happygirlxxx
    edited January 2018
    Forgot to add my last exercise report!! Here it goes:

Holiday Exercise Plan!

Name: Ana
    Goal: Exercise 3 x week for 45 minutes.

Nov 22: 3x10+K steps + 1x45’ spinning :)
    Nov 29: 1x60’ + 1x30’ spinning + 1x45’ Pilates :|
    Dec 06: none! Back was hurting :(
    Dec 13: 1x30’ dancing + 1x30’ spinning + 3x10K steps :)
    Dec 20: 540 min (1x45’ + 3x60’ + 1x15’ pilates + 2x45 yoga + 2x45 + 1x60’ + 1x30’ + 1x15’ spinning + 1x15’ rowing) :)
    Dec 27: 3x10K steps + 3x60’ Pilates :)
    Jan 03: 3x10K Steps + 1 x 45’ Pilates :|
    Jan 10: 2x10K steps + 1.5x60’ spinning + 3x30’ Pilates + 2x16’ Yoga :)

• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)

Start Weight (Jan 3, 2018): 211.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018): 203.6 lbs (-8 lbs this challenge or ~ -1 lb/week).

Weigh-ins (lbs) on Wednesdays (typically), week of:
    Jan 3: 211.6 lbs.(weight loss stalled this week, probably due to adding in 50% of my exercise calories vs 0%).
    Jan 10: 209.8 lbs (stuck with adding in 50% of exercise calories this week too--seems it worked out well).
    Jan 17: (on vacation: 12th-20th so I might not find a scales to weigh-in this week).
    Jan 24:
    Jan 31:
    Feb 7:
    Feb 14:
    Feb 21:
    Feb 28:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.8 lbs
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.8 lbs
    Total weight lost since 1/3/2017: 107.2 lbs
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2018
    Holiday Exercise Challenge/Goal/Plan

Name: Nikion901 (Niki)
    Goal: 30 minutes workouts 3 times a week

November 22 - 110 minutes, but in 2 sessions
    November 29 - 180 minutes, in 2 sessions again
    December 6 - 225 minutes, in 3 sessions
    December 13 - 120 minutes, in 3 sessions
    December 20 - 60 minutes, in 2 sessions
    December 27 - 30 minutes, 1 session … did not report
    January 3 - 90 minutes, 5 sessions
    January 10 - 110 minutes, 4 sessions

That was the last report date for this mini challenge ... @happygirlxxx , I think you and I are the only ones who kept reporting on it.

Of course, my feeble activity attempts are just that ... feeble!. For example, I know I will count the 15 standing toe-touches, and 15 arms spread and raise-up-to-the-sky, plus the 30 second each leg hamstring/achilles tendon stretches I did this morning will find their way into my exercise log! But hey, every little bit counts for my old bones and shortened muscles!

Hey ... I heard a sound out the front of the house I haven't heard in the past couple of months or longer ... a bird tweet! ...It's mid January (+/- a few days), and the snow birds have returned to my gardens! Now that is a sure sign that the days are getting longer ... and that good weather is not too far behind!.

• bapcarrier
    Day 2, within my calories and over my water for the day. AND no evening snacking last night, hopefully tonight will be night #2 with no snacking! Going back to counting the days with no snacking after 7pm, that worked before going to try it again! Reading all the posts and seeing what everyone else is doing is such a help. People that aren't on this journey just don't understand the struggles. One of my best friends commented after asking about my weight loss and my confession that I had gained back a few pounds but had still lost over 50 pounds this year, said to me "Well, that'ssss PRETTY good!" Damned with faint praise! (I'm sure/I hope she didn't mean it what way she has a hard time gaining weight and can't seem to understand the struggle to lose.)

Have a great evening everyone! :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone!

No time for personals tonight, but glad to see all of us trucking along. I made it to the gym again yesterday, but I was so tired! My body needs to adjust to less sleep during the school week. I was getting 7-8 hours over break, but now it's back to about 6. Despite being tired and struggling to run on the treadmill, I managed 20 minutes plus an additional 20 on the elliptical. I plan to go again tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be a bit more used to less sleep.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 247

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018) 205
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 203
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost: 44 lbs
  • happygirlxxx
    Good Morning!!!

@BarneyRubbleMD congrats on your loss!

@Nikion901 I think you are right ... had not noticed! Same happened to me with other group ... at the end it was just a couple of us ... even the moderator had vanished :D BTW, good job with your workouts ... and everything counts!! As long as you are doing something to get you moving is what matters; so good for you!

@bapcarrier congrats on day # 2, step by step; day by day! And I agree, people who dont have weight problems, do not understand how stressful this process can be ... its not just about eating less / exercising more ... it has an emotional component as well of how we see ourselves and how much dedication we put into the process; however, as long as you understand that I would not take any comments personal ... they dont understand what really entails to lose tons of weight.

@skinnyjeanzbound well done!! I know after a long day at work it can be tempting to skip the gym, but you need to keep pushing and at some point you are not even going to debate with yourself if you want to go or not ... you will just show up at the gym because you will need it!

@canyonGeek you are welcome! hope you like it; here at home everyone loved it. Anything with cheese for me is a win! :)

Thursday Truth!

I am currently reading a book called “The Keto Reset Diet” by Mark Sisson & Brad Kearns. I am not following Keto per se, but find the concept quite interesting and I know people that followed it and indeed loss tons of weight... might not be for everyone though, but it’s interesting that you base your diet in a lot of stuff was prohibited before and you were just dreaming of ...

Anyway ... in one of the 1st chapters it was written something like that we are sometimes too hard on ourselves (very auto critical) and maybe we do more damage than good .... I guess it’s not a new concept, but good to remind ourselves every so often:

“If you experience minor setbacks or even major backslides, have some compassion for yourself. I’m talking real compassion, which is radically different from having ready-made excuses and rationalizations. Accept your imperfections, let go of what’s happened in the past, and don’t worry about the future. Just do the best you can each day and enjoy the heck out of the journey.”

I wonder how many of us are ready to punish ourselves when something doesn’t go as we wanted / expected? I know I do :#

Something to reflect about for sure!!

Have an awesome Thursday!
  • bapcarrier
    Just dropping by for a quick minute but I have to say @happygirlxxx along with the great advice about compassion, the last line of that quote really gave me a jolt! Just do the best you can each day and ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF THE JOURNEY. How many of us are figuring this out so that we can enjoy the journey? I think that line may change my way of thinking about this process, I know it's a life style change but finding a way to make it enjoyable is a great goal and to me means that as time goes on this healthy lifestyle will become an integral part of my life. :)
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @happygirlxxx Thanks for sharing the quote from the book you are reading. Love the advice in that paragraph. I need to remember it. It is great advice. I can be my own worst critic and hard on my own self sometimes.

No real time to address everyone. Just wanted to pop in, read what's going on with everyone. I just love this thread and all of the stories we share, and motivation and support. I've been trying hard this week to stay under my calories, trying to lose the 4 lb. Christmas weight gain. I still don't understand why it's so easy for me to get back to MFP after holidays, trips, parties, etc. Believe me, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, as the saying goes. I wonder if it means that this time I'm more determined? More motivated? Who knows. Maybe it's because I'm a lot older and realize that I have more days behind me than in front of me and I want to make them count and be as good as they can be. Whatever it is, I'll take it.

Hoping everyone is having a great day!
  • Nikion901
    Thursday Truth ... thanks you guys (gals, really :) ) ... @happygirlxxx for the broccoli quiche recipe AND for that wonderful quote from the book you are reading. And @babcarrier for expressing better than I could exactly how that quote affected me too. @b_lisieux , I'm with you on needing to remember that advice ... I tend towards thinking too deeply about things and need, sometimes (ok, often), to lighten-up!
  • b_lisieux
    @Nikion901 I get that....I'm very much the same way oftentimes, not always, but more times than I should. I should go back and print off that quote and keep it here on my monitor to remind me! :smile:
  • happygirlxxx
    Good Morning All!!

Beautiful morning in Milan, its in the high 40s only but its supposed to be a sunny day, perfect for a walk with my crazy black lab; the little yorkie doesn't care for going to the park he just cares about treats and napping ... he actually turned 15 yesterday!

I am glad some of you liked the quote shared. It really got to me, because there is no reason why this process should be a torture ... we are changing for good and learning about a new way to live .. .a healthy one; so we should be happy and proud about it ... we have taken control! Of course not every day will be great, but its the same with any other process in our personal or work life, so why not make the best out of it? Positive thinking!

Friday Fitness!!

So the holiday fitness challenge finished this week and I am glad that most weeks were good ones and I did something .. I am actually surprised because I was quite lazy before the holidays ... still didn't stop gaining weight, but I guess could have been worst if I didn't move a bit.

In addition to what was reported on Wednesday, I have reached a couple more days 10K steps and I have as well done pilates and spinning so we continue moving and the weight keeps coming off yay!

The Winter Games

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 229.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 161.4
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 153.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 155.1
    Jan 12: 154.0
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 7.4
    Total weight lost: - 75.6

Have a wonderful start of the weekend everyone! Hope the temps are not that bad wherever you are nor your are affected by all these terrible nature happenings ... absolutely crazy this week (California, Singapore, Brazil, etc etc) ... I guess someone / something is trying to send us a message! :o

Talking about nature ... look what a beautiful sunset we got this week ... it was raining and the sun was shinning as well.

u818g1we005k.jpg

• darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Name: Connie
    Height: 5' 7"

Starting weight: 285.6
    Goal weight: 199!
    Current weight: 240.8
    Total weight lost: 44.8
    This week's successes: I managed to lose watch my portion sizes.
    This week's challenges: To not emotional eat.

Weigh-in day: Friday

1/1 - 244.4
    1/5- 242.6
    1/12- 240.8
    1/19 -
    1/26 -
    JAN TOTAL -
  • bapcarrier
    The Winter Games

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 258
    Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 204.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 195

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 206.2
    Jan 12: 202.8
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -3.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total Weight loss overall: -55.2

I'm getting back on track! What a good feeling. :)

@happygirlxxx love the picture, you take great ones, no matter what camera you're using! @darlin930 I like the way you're reporting your weekly successes and challenges! @BarneyRubbleMD enjoy your vacation.

Have to get going. Have a great day everyone!
  • b_lisieux
    Name: Margie
    Height: 5' 1 ½”
    Highest weight: 295 (Late Aug.2017)

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 278.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 271.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 278.25
    Jan 12: 273.0
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -5.25
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5.5
    Total weight lost: 22.0

Lost my vacation gain in one week. Yay! Have been trying to drink more water and I think that helped.

@happygirlxxx Pretty picture!

Have a great weekend everyone! Today we are in for some snow. Tomorrow we have tickets for a dinner theater with a group of friends. Have zero clue what kind of food they have on their buffet. Hope I get through that with minimal damage. :smile: Take care all.
  • Nikion901
    The Winter Games

Name: Niki
    Height: 5' 2.5"
    Highest weight: 278.4

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 236.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 227.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 232.7
    Jan 12: 231.7
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.00
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.8
    Total weight lost: -46.7

Friday Fitness:
    t's got to be all about mental health today for me ... because I am having a hard time being happy about the 1 pound loss from last week's weight.
    ...That's because I weigh myself every day (actually something I started many years ago as a way to keep tabs on water weight from excess fluid retention from a medical condition ... TMI (too much info), :# I image, however if my weight went up over 3 pounds in a single 24-hour period there was a medication I needed to take) That requirement is no longer in place, but the daily weigh-in habit is not one I want to or will break except for rare occasions. ...

So ... this has got to be in the forefront of my thinking ... Quoting from @happygirlxxx post above ...

“If you experience minor setbacks or even major backslides, have some compassion for yourself. I’m talking real compassion, which is radically different from having ready-made excuses and rationalizations. Accept your imperfections, let go of what’s happened in the past, and don’t worry about the future. Just do the best you can each day and enjoy the heck out of the journey.”

Have a good weekend everyone. Stay healthy. Stay strong.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Sorry, been absent from this thread…dang busy week at work and that’s where I sign in and update. Good old year end reviews that I had to have done by today. Well, they are done and here I am  Looks like people are having some success – great to see!!

@Margie… Yah vacation gain gone! The water definitely helps and that is something I need to step up (in fact, I’m going to pause this typing and go get more water)
    @Karen… I never did find a current Amazing Race..is that through MFP?

AFM…We had a winter storm here this week. Only 5.7 inches but the wind was blowing pretty good so the roads were bad. My church called off all activities Wednesday night and they didn’t plow my street until last night about 10…no gym for me. I plan on hitting it both Saturday and Sunday though to make up for it. Tonight would have been ideal, but I have 3 activities planned for tonight so I just can’t squeeze in the gym visit. I have resumed my walking during my breaks at work. The treadmill is locked so it can’t go faster than a 2.0 (it’s a work station) but if I get up and walk a bit every hour and take my 2 15 minute breaks on the treadmill, I usually leave work with between 5000-6000 steps in already.

Prayer/Thoughts request: My husband is a Saints fan and I’m a Vikings fan…we play each other on Sunday…please pray for a win for me  and that my husband can deal with a loss well ( hee hee )

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest Weight: 274
    Current Weight: 210
    Goal weight: 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 202.8
    Jan 12: 200.8
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: - 2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -9.2
    Total weight lost: 73.2 lbs.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Back on Track and Feeling Fine! Hope to keep up the motivation over the 3 day weekend. My foot is feeling better each day.... going to try and do some at home exercises this weekend... also work on my stretching. Have not had time to read the thread this morning... I will read them all a little later.

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 252

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 208.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 209.9
    Jan 12: 206.6
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9: