Help. I entered a weight loss challenge

17Olson
17Olson Posts: 12 Member
I just entered a weight loss challenge at my local workout center. It started this Monday and it goes until the end of February. I’m going to need all the support I can get. So if you want to help me and support me through this that would be fantastic. And leave tips and advice if you would like

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Should have posted before it started.

I've always wanted to try this.

Week prior to the initial weigh in, go carb heavy. Stick to your calories, but as much of it carbs as you can and pack on the water weight. Oh, And something that needs tons of soy sauce.

After the initial weigh-in, go back to normal eating, at your deficit, until 1-2 weeks prior to the final weigh in.

The go serious low carb right up to the weight in. Lose all the water weight possible.

You missed out on the first part, but go low-carb at the end and get rid of as much water weight as you can, just to see how badly you can game the contest.

you sir are evil. I approve.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I just started one too. Ends St. Patrick's Day.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    I just joined a weight loss challenge at my work, it also just started yesterday and goes until March 5th. I wont win because I dont have much to lose, but Im sure going to do my best :) feel free to add me
  • 17Olson
    I weigh in every Monday. I picked Monday hoping that it would keep me on track.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Good luck, @17Olson. I did one of these once for work. The two top losers didn't change a thing about their eating, they took laxatives they didn't need for the whole six weeks instead. When HR found that out, they stopped sponsoring the contests.
  • 17Olson
    Good luck, @17Olson. I did one of these once for work. The two top losers didn't change a thing about their eating, they took laxatives they didn't need for the whole six weeks instead. When HR found that out, they stopped sponsoring the contests.

I’m sure there will be people that will do things like that. But it only hurts them in the long run.
  • Jaydensmamma
    Jaydensmamma Posts: 41 Member
    You can add me if you like but I just wanted to say I am totally so proud of you for doing that! That will keep you accountable and focused on your goals. Plus, I know you can crush it!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    I’m in a weight loss competion too! They used a bod pod and give points on fat loss and muscle gain. I’m excited to see how many pounds I’ve lost by the end.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member

Oh boy. People will do anything!