Here I am and there go the pounds...

cardgrl
cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
I am new to this and I have never dieted before. I have never had to worry about my weight and since I had my daughter almost 5 years ago, I have battled ever since. Since last year, I have gone from a size 6 (which I didn't really look good at because I am almost 6 feet tall) to a size 14, and I am almost in a 16, as my jeans almost don't fit me anymore. I started working out with a friend because she needed a workout partner. Good thing, because I have had a membership at a local gym for at least 10 years now and before working out recently, I had probably gone a total of 10 times in those 10 years. Having a workout partner makes me get out of bed and go. Once I get there, I like it. It makes me feel good knowing that I am being proactive in my weight loss, even if I haven't lost any weight lately. I also have been counting my calories since last week and I haven't been able to remain at or below my goal, but it is making me more conscious of what I eat and how it is affecting my weight loss. This is a great website. Thank you!

Replies

• cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    I am new to this and I have never dieted before. I have never had to worry about my weight and since I had my daughter almost 5 years ago, I have battled ever since. Since last year, I have gone from a size 6 (which I didn't really look good at because I am almost 6 feet tall) to a size 14, and I am almost in a 16, as my jeans almost don't fit me anymore. I started working out with a friend because she needed a workout partner. Good thing, because I have had a membership at a local gym for at least 10 years now and before working out recently, I had probably gone a total of 10 times in those 10 years. Having a workout partner makes me get out of bed and go. Once I get there, I like it. It makes me feel good knowing that I am being proactive in my weight loss, even if I haven't lost any weight lately. I also have been counting my calories since last week and I haven't been able to remain at or below my goal, but it is making me more conscious of what I eat and how it is affecting my weight loss. This is a great website. Thank you!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Welcome and good luck! I think you will like this site a lot:)
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Welcome and good luck. Remember if your working out at a gym, weight might not come off due to muscle growth. So keep checking those measurements.