Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    We're going to Mongolian BBQ, and I'm stupid excited about it. I love Mon BBQ when it's cold out. Total comfort food.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    tonight's dinner is red pepper, tomato, and smoked gouda soup with italian-style meatballs and a baguette. the soup is in the slow cooker and it's all i can smell at home today! i think i'm more excited because of the quantity of food more than anything else. it's a big-*kitten* bowl of soup, plus three meatballs, and 1/4 of a long baguette (with olive oil of course). YUMMM.

i would really dig a fish sandwich, though. hubby is traveling next week for work and doesn't eat fish. i might have to whip some fish sandwiches up for my son and me one night.

i can only eat fish when my fiance isnt home too lololol

i made fish tacos last week. my son (who doesnt eat hardly ANYTHING) had THREE!!!!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    tonight's dinner is red pepper, tomato, and smoked gouda soup with italian-style meatballs and a baguette. the soup is in the slow cooker and it's all i can smell at home today! i think i'm more excited because of the quantity of food more than anything else. it's a big-*kitten* bowl of soup, plus three meatballs, and 1/4 of a long baguette (with olive oil of course). YUMMM.

i would really dig a fish sandwich, though. hubby is traveling next week for work and doesn't eat fish. i might have to whip some fish sandwiches up for my son and me one night.

i can only eat fish when my fiance isnt home too lololol

i made fish tacos last week. my son (who doesnt eat hardly ANYTHING) had THREE!!!!

fish tacos are a major go-to for my son and me when hubby travels (a few times a month). he goes to seattle quite a bit and brings back yummy salmon for me, too. he just won't eat it!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

That soup sounds amazing - care to share a recipe?
  • fitoverfortymom
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Absolutely!
    https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/roasted-red-pepper-tomato-and-smoked-gouda-bisque-low-carb-gluten-free/

I had something similar at a restaurant called Mad Greens a few weeks ago. This is a pretty good approximation of that. I only used 1TB butter to saute the onions to reduce the calories a little (and actually used a half bag of frozen mirepoix mix instead of straight onions because I didn't feel like chopping onions). It's not as easy as some slow cooker recipes, but it's nice for when I'm working at home on Tuesdays when we have an evening family commitment and I don't have a lot of time for actual dinner cooking.

I only bought exactly the amount of gouda for the recipe I needed, but wish I had more to sprinkle on the top when I serve it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Absolutely!
    https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/roasted-red-pepper-tomato-and-smoked-gouda-bisque-low-carb-gluten-free/

I had something similar at a restaurant called Mad Greens a few weeks ago. This is a pretty good approximation of that. I only used 1TB butter to saute the onions to reduce the calories a little (and actually used a half bag of frozen mirepoix mix instead of straight onions because I didn't feel like chopping onions). It's not as easy as some slow cooker recipes, but it's nice for when I'm working at home on Tuesdays when we have an evening family commitment and I don't have a lot of time for actual dinner cooking.

I only bought exactly the amount of gouda for the recipe I needed, but wish I had more to sprinkle on the top when I serve it.

Thanks! I pinned it. I'm totally going to see if I can make this in my InstantPot. Also, I love that frozen mirepoix blend for making soups - and I can't find it anymore at my grocery store. I'm so bummed!

I'd actually broil some of that extra gouda on a bit of the baguette.... rubbed first with a clove of garlic. YUM!
  • fitoverfortymom

Absolutely!

Thanks! I pinned it. I'm totally going to see if I can make this in my InstantPot. Also, I love that frozen mirepoix blend for making soups - and I can't find it anymore at my grocery store. I'm so bummed!

I'd actually broil some of that extra gouda on a bit of the baguette.... rubbed first with a clove of garlic. YUM!

Frozen mirepoix is truly a staple in my house! I don't know what I would do if I actually had to chop carrots, celery, AND onions! I don't have an Instant Pot, so I have no idea, but it also would work on the stovetop.

I think I'm going to have hubby bring home some extra gouda on his way home from work today. Gouda on the bread just sounds "soooo-gouda!"
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Sitting here wolfing down my leftover zuppa tosacana for lunch. Dinner is a big mac casserole. @fitoverfortymom I love Peace, Love and Low Carb; she’s great for keto! Defs don’t let “low carb” fool you; keto food definately does not always fit into “clean” ;)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sitting here wolfing down my leftover zuppa tosacana for lunch. Dinner is a big mac casserole. @fitoverfortymom I love Peace, Love and Low Carb; she’s great for keto! Defs don’t let “low carb” fool you; keto food definately does not always fit into “clean” ;)

Now I want Mac n cheese for dinner. Not Kraft dinner (never liked it) but the Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I made a zuchinni lasagne for the first time this last weekend. It was amazing. I think the meat and tomato sauce and piles of melted mozzarella balance out the vegetable that was in it ;) LOL

recipe please.
  • Illy_Mooncat

Now I want Mac n cheese for dinner. Not Kraft dinner (never liked it) but the Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese.

I had some incredible mac and cheese over the holiday. Went with my sister and het friends to a place called Pluto’s. Had a caprese sandwitch and some life-changing mac
  • Illy_Mooncat
    amfmmama wrote: »

recipe please.
    Literally look up any “zuchinni lasagna” recipie! The sauce was homemade; 4th generation Italian family secret I’m afraid ;)
    To prep my zuchinni slices I followed the method of salting them generously, leaving them sit for 15-20 min, and then blotting all the liquid off with paper towels. It got rid of the lot of excess liquid and didn’t leave a ton of salt behind. If you don’t have a mandoline just slice your zuchinni as thin as possible and it will still be fine!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. No zoodles or healthy changes. Super excited for dinner! evq2rfryretx.gif

i dont like spaghetti, which is weird, cause i like spaghetti SAUCE ok. and i like pasta in any other form. it has to be a mental thing. i will eat it, i just ..... prefer not to lololol

philly cheesteaks for dinner. but im under a lot of stress and have been WAY under cals for the past few days (not even eating what ive logged) and ... i havent had much today. in all honesty, i probably wont finish my sandwich, but its eating, and at this point, deficit wise, i could eat about anything. :/

hopefully tomorrow is a better day. this week has been *kitten*.
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    The first rule of Binge night, never look at the scale the next morning.
  • radam3355
    radam3355 Posts: 7 Member
    i also love to eat junk foods. This give me more enjoyment. I even don't think about my health when I eat them. :)