2»

Replies

• LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Chinese 5 Spice. On everything <3
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    lou7538 wrote: »
    I need to know more about the pickle marinade I'm intrigued. So you marinade raw chicken in literally just the pickle juice and then cook it anyway you would normally?

Seconding this question. Also, how would a person (husband) who dislikes pickles feel about this?
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Club House - Montreal Chicken Spice

My absolute favourite.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member

When I was a kid I'd grab the jar of Chinese 5 Spice and sit there and sniff it. So weird, but I loved it so much.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member

When I was a kid I'd grab the jar of Chinese 5 Spice and sit there and sniff it. So weird, but I loved it so much.

I totally get this...the smell is almost as good as the taste. My kitchen smells amazing for hours after I've cooked with it :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I need to know more about the pickle marinade I'm intrigued. So you marinade raw chicken in literally just the pickle juice and then cook it anyway you would normally?

Seconding this question. Also, how would a person (husband) who dislikes pickles feel about this?

It doesn't have an overwhelming pickle flavor, but it's there. After I marinate it, I'll add some S&P and grill it naked or dredge it in some flour with other spices (garlic, paprika, etc) and pan fry. Aaannd, now I know what I'm making tonight!
  • laurshortall
    laurshortall Posts: 9 Member
    Penzey's No Salt seasonings are rad. You can search for them under "Salt Free" here.

I also am a huge fan of Tapatio hot sauce in pretty much any dish that I eat.
  • chelsea4thewin
    chelsea4thewin Posts: 1 Member
    Nandos medium rub seasoning, if in Aus or UK. Bake in the oven for 20mins on 200degree celcius for 20mins, comes out perfect ;)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Vinegar, salt, Mrs. Dash table blend, onion and herb, or original seasoning.
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Red chili powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder with bread crumbs then fry.

Nuff said! Yum!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member

It doesn't have an overwhelming pickle flavor, but it's there. After I marinate it, I'll add some S&P and grill it naked or dredge it in some flour with other spices (garlic, paprika, etc) and pan fry. Aaannd, now I know what I'm making tonight!

Me too! I took chicken out last night. I hope I have pickle juice.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Dry rub a packet of taco seasoning on the chicken breasts then grill or bake.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    A generous sprinkle of Old Bay is all I need.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    I use McCormick Grill Mates seasoning marinates. They're great!
    Marinate the meat for 24 to 48 hours.
    My favorites are:
    Mesquite
    Baja Citrus
    Chipotle Pepper
    Mojito Like
    Korean BBQ
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    When I'm lazy, I just cook a breast and douse it in Franks Red Hot sauce.

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Chicken is pretty much a blank slate.

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of different ways to season and prepare it. Just look at all of the different recipes for chicken there are worldwide.

The choices are endless but, when I'm lazy (which usually is the case), all I do is coat it w/olive oil, season it w/salt, pepper and thyme and then roast or pan fry it til done.

Simple as it can get.