You tube Dr. Berg on OMAD benefits:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RuGvMJndg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice loss!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited January 2018
    That soup looks perfect. Not that I can think of eating anything hot right now! Way to go in the big drop this week, so cool!!

Yes, my previous life when I didn’t work from home required many more changes of clothes!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    Terrific weekly losses!!! If I'm not going anywhere for the day I will stay in my Jammies or workout clothes all day long :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I'll have to go research the "slow Carb diet". Never heard of it. I am thinking about incorporating some LC to jump start my weight loss again.

Great losses by the way!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2018
    Great loss again. Well done!

I love purging out my closet too and this is what I was doing over Christmas in preparation of all the shopping while on vacation. I bought heaps of clothes in New York :)

I've not heard of the slow carb diet either. Sounds interesting and consists of a lot of the foods I like to eat. I tend to avoid dairy (apart from bread) because I get bloated, though I have been having a cheese-fest the last 2 days!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Great progress, Kat!
    @sammygold2015 I actually used to follow the slow carb diet as a vegan, and I found it very fulfilling. I was always satiated and the losses were steady albeit pretty slow.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Great progress, Kat!
    @sammygold2015 I actually used to follow the slow carb diet as a vegan, and I found it very fulfilling. I was always satiated and the losses were steady albeit pretty slow.

I have researched it a bit. Pretty basic, no whites, fruits, and no cheese. Pretty simple. I think I may try being mindful of those things instead of cutting them out. Simply because I don't want to start a diet. :) But it can be a useful tool just jump start me for sure.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    A diet without cheese, I just couldn't do it. I was going to look into slow carb, but if I have to cut out my cheese, it is a no-go for me
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hi all, yes the slow carb diet is basically lean protein (30 grams a meal), low carb veggies and legumes. Legumes digest slowly so they help keep you full. I like them because they don't raise you blood sugar too fast too. Could be good to keep them in mind. Son lost a pound a day on that eating regime. He liked it because it was 'boring' ....I tried it and gained weight...so not for me but I do like the 'concept'.
    Son wasn't home for dinner last night so we went out for pasta. Hmmm...that cost me +.5 :s
    Today was salmon, spinach and salad for OMAD. Pretty stuffed but I still got in my chia concoction for dessert.
    Super tired so...hope everyone had a great day :)3z93aj3qy9ji.jpg
    so...hope everyone had a great day :)
    need to lose 60 pounds
    1st day +1.2 pounds....61.2 to go
    2nd day -5 pounds...56.2 to go
    3rd day - .4 pounds...55.8 to go
    4th day +.2 pounds...56 to go
    5th day +.4 pounds...56.4 to go
    6th day -.4 pounds...56 to go
    7th day +.7 pounds...56.7 to go>>>> -3.3 for the week (a lot of water weight)
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 12 -0......53.7 to go
    Jan 13 +.3.....54 to go
    Jan 14 -.5......53.5 to go
    Jan 15 -1........52.5 to go>>>>-2.1 for the week
    Jan 16 -.3.......52.2 to go
    Jan 17 +.5......52.7 to go
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Yummy-looking meal per usual! That's a pretty small gain from a restaurant portion of pasta, so I would call that a win :)
  • Brendalea69
    Still doing great and I like how you let us know your weekly losses :)
  • minigrrll
    A diet without cheese, I just couldn't do it. I was going to look into slow carb, but if I have to cut out my cheese, it is a no-go for me

100% agree - cheese is the only reason I'm not vegan!!
  • minigrrll
    You're doing great Kat, those losses are adding up nicely...
  • jeanona
    Agree, nice work Kat! And 0.5 is worth it for a pasta night out :wink:
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Pasta the other night kind of threw me mentally. I've been fighting cravings. Yesterdays OMAD was 2 eggs, butter beans, zucchini and squash and half of an avocado with ranch dressing and chia concoction. Today's OMAD was 2 eggs ( in the picture there's a pork chop but I had one bite and just didn't want it), spinach, red cabbage with balsamic glaze and olive oil, cauliflower with peas and chia concoction.
    I *may* check in less often as I'm trying to not think so hard about what I'm doing. I'll at least post my weight once a week and try to take a picture of each OMAD meal. We'll see....I'm never good at sticking to what I say... :o Glad to see everyone doing well :)
    need to lose 60 pounds
    1st day +1.2 pounds....61.2 to go
    2nd day -5 pounds...56.2 to go
    3rd day - .4 pounds...55.8 to go
    4th day +.2 pounds...56 to go
    5th day +.4 pounds...56.4 to go
    6th day -.4 pounds...56 to go
    7th day +.7 pounds...56.7 to go>>>> -3.3 for the week (a lot of water weight)
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 12 -0......53.7 to go
    Jan 13 +.3.....54 to go
    Jan 14 -.5......53.5 to go
    Jan 15 -1........52.5 to go>>>>-2.1 for the week
    Jan 16 -.3.......52.2 to go
    Jan 17 +.5......52.7 to go
    Jan 18 -.7....52 to go
    Jan 19 -.2...51.8 to go
    tj4lrjm9cuco.jpg
    f3yegmapqaji.jpg

• Brendalea69
    edited January 2018
    I do weekly posts myself but I still record my weight daily and store it in my phone...You're doing great :)
  • jeanona
    Good job, Kat. You are doing well and you've got a good grip on OMAD so posting less often makes a lot of sense.

I'm trying not to fixate so much on meals, calories, weight etc too but at the moment, checking in often is helping with my control. Eventually, I'll want to do it less often.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Your still losing so your doing well IMO.