Help with snacking!!

Replies

• louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah my boyfriends suggestion on sweet things was “limit yourself to one chocolate bar a week, then you will only break off a small piece every day and save the rest” uhhh no, I’ll scarf the whole thing down in about 0.378 minutes and be grumpy the rest of the week because I have no chocolate. I just don’t buy and keep in the house what I don’t want to be tempted by as a snack. Literally my cupboards have no snacks ☹️ it’s sad but it works.
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    If you live alone, the best thing is to not buy snacks in the first place. I bought some rice cakes to last me a “few days”...yesterday lol

With that said, I live in the middle of nowhere and rely on public transit (infrequent) so I really have to go out of my way if I want to buy a snack :#
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Not on my own so unfortunately that is not an option. But thanks for the help
  • Ralphone
    Ate a more yesterday then I want to.But worked out and had a good week. Looking to have a good weekend. Good luck all.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited January 2018
    I had toast, but then I asked myself would I like some bread to go with all that peanut butter? PB is usually a problem food for me, but I cracked. I can't stand that crappy BP2 sh.t anymore. I guess I figure have the real thing or just write it off forever. But danggggg I love PB too much. I'm conflicted. :confused:

Well my spelling stinks today!
  • Ralphone
    I love to too. I know it's not eough bur try n weight it out so you don't eat to much. Good luck
  • Ralphone
    Busy Sunday hopeing to do well today. Ate breakfast waiting for everyone to get up. Happy Sunday.
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Have you tried snacking on cheese or meat when the urge calls??

I do this...even have a box of pre cut slices of cheese ready....then I just grab 1 or 2 slices.
  • Ralphone
    I think that might work for me .I will try it thanks for the help and good luck to you.
  • Ralphone
    Still snacking some but doing ok.
  • rbnikki
    rbnikki Posts: 2 Member
    I used to have this problem, more at work than at night though. What helps me in both situations is Intermittent Fasting. Even though I want to eat something I can't, so I don't. And during my non fasting times (eating window) I make sure that I eat what I want so that I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. Perhaps you can have a time at night where you stop eating, thus minimizing snacking.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    I drink a protein drink on nites i want 2 snack.....a scoop of casein and whey....or eat a high protein last meal. Then im full til bed
  • Ralphone
    Just got a new jar of protein mix . Think I will give it a try. Thanks for taking time out to answer. Good luck
  • tamonkay
    tamonkay Posts: 28 Member
    I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and am a night time snacker. I am fighting this two ways: 1.saving enough calories for the end of the day so I can snack guilt-free or
    2.drinking flavored waters-this has successfully helped me kick my 2 liter a day soda habit and the sweet flavors trick me into thinking I'm having something more substantial (when in reality it's only like 10 calories a bottle) so I am not as hungry or feeling deprived of tasty sweets!!
    Also, I do feel more satisfied and less likely to snack after a high protein meal
  • Ralphone
    Held off donuts today at work. It felt good not eat them.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    You’re doing great @Ralphone!
  • Ralphone
    Thanks for taking time out and the encouragement.
  • ruthjohnson482
    ruthjohnson482 Posts: 1 Member
    Maybe if you snack on celery, cucumbers or carrot sticks. Love cold food with a nice crunch. Low in calories-- no guilt there!
  • Ralphone
    I like veggies so may work.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Celery with low-calorie dip is a near daily snack for me. I eat RIDICULOUS amounts of celery.