Searching for Squat Proof Leggings!!

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    My grrrl leggings and my hviii brand goods leggings both are pretty squat proof. That said, I've switched to bootie shorts (usually Fleo, sometimes Feed Me Fight Me) when I squat.

How are the HVIII brand leggings? Are they soft and flattering? Something just tells me Matt can't make leggings properly but I guess he probably had help.
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    I wear Lulu mostly but really don’t know what’s going on back there when I’m squatting. Haven’t put that much thought into it lol honestly don’t care as there isn’t much more flattering position to be in ;)
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I have some Cheshire Cat ones from Lotus Leggings with a huge smile across the *kitten*. Smile gets wider when I squat...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Old Navy 300%. I have 7 or 9 pairs of old navy.. all are squatproof. One pair is even light grey! I have a few pairs of C9 from target. They're squatproof but have not stood the test of time. Joylab from target .. i only found 1 pair to be squatproof.

My current ride-or-die faves are these: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031033&pcid=1031032&vid=1&pid=428194002 They have the perfect compression, perfect rise, and I get compliments on the pattern all the time.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Lulus are squat proof. Hand wash though. I will throw my older ones or the larger size 8s in the wash but not the good/newer ones.

Yeah I'm not handwashing workout gear. That's crazy to me that they would manufacture that.

I don't think you have to. I prefer to. Worth it to me because the look and feel amazing. Totally get why you wouldn't be into it though.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Lulus are squat proof. Hand wash though. I will throw my older ones or the larger size 8s in the wash but not the good/newer ones.

Yeah I'm not handwashing workout gear. That's crazy to me that they would manufacture that.

I don't think you have to. I prefer to. Worth it to me because the look and feel amazing. Totally get why you wouldn't be into it though.

Oh it read like they have handwash labels!

I don't tumble dry any of my workout stuff and lay it all flat to dry. I like it enough to be mindful :smile:
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Love my fabletics, and they have held up through some ABUSE.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member

How are they for running? I find some leggings slip down and I end up having to yank them up every 10 seconds...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I almost exclusively wear GRRRL gear- I think they are great (actually wearing a pair to work today right now)- comfortable- squat proof and they have such a great message- AND they are affordable in the world of workout gear. 10/10 have my vote. And Kortney ALWAYS keeps it real and humble.
    I keep telling my wife just wear basketball shorts to lift or workout like me, but she said it makes her look like a lesbian... I don't get it lol
    How do you possibly squat in basketball shorts? They catch on your knees when you bend- AND if you have thick thighs- you want up with this really unflattering / \ angle of fabric that bunches and points straight at your crotch- it's just a lose lose situation all the way around. not sure how you can't get that. Plus the dressing depending on her sexual orientation. Not everyone is comfortable treading the aesthetic line.
    Constantlyvariedgear.com has fun squat-proof leggings, too.
    I just ordered my first pair- I think I ordered the reversible cartoon ones and the shut the fk-upcakes shirt. SO excited- they should be here soon!!!
    The higher priced Champions from Target.

These are also good- the premium/platinum brand. I have a pair I've had for over 5 years- they are still holding on strong.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    VS
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited January 2018

How are they for running? I find some leggings slip down and I end up having to yank them up every 10 seconds...

Never had an issue. I've also worn them under my leather race suits, they don't bunch, slip, or fall down even in those conditions (100+ degree days, straddling a 200 degree engine....).

Only pair I've had tear on me were the ones I was wearing when I crashed my scooter in the pits (don't ask LOL).
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Google any online Cross Fit store.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    90 Degree By Reflex leggings are comfy and not see-through

I have a pair of these (solid black) and they are nice and thick, not see through. However I will say, they are very VERY long on me (I’m 5’3”) so something to consider.

I just discovered this new brand called Senita Athletics. I am waiting for my package to arrive in the mail, and will report back if they end up being good!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    CJ_Holmes wrote: »
    I keep telling my wife just wear basketball shorts to lift or workout like me, but she said it makes her look like a lesbian... I don't get it lol

I'm a lesbian and I would not be caught dead in basketball shorts. But your wife is correct- basketball shorts are practically a rainbow flag.

This cracked me up
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    My grrrl leggings and my hviii brand goods leggings both are pretty squat proof. That said, I've switched to bootie shorts (usually Fleo, sometimes Feed Me Fight Me) when I squat.

How are the HVIII brand leggings? Are they soft and flattering? Something just tells me Matt can't make leggings properly but I guess he probably had help.

I really like them. They're my first choice for leggings to hang out in (I can't get enough of my brickhouse grrrl leggings at the gym). I have the grey heathered and the purple heathered. I haven't tried thebolain black ones. They're cottony and soft, wth good stretch. I think they're pretty flattering. I feel like I pull them up a lot, but
    I think they just might be a tiny bit too big for me.
  • sleepykittykat
    sleepykittykat Posts: 3 Member
    Old navy is the best for the price . I also like Adidas leggings . I have a pair and they are my fav. Also lulu’s last forever but they are costly
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    I can warn you AGAINST Old Navy. That's usually what I buy mine because they have tall sizes, but I've had 1 pair get tons of small holes all down the butt seam & another with holes through the crotch. Not good for squats! Thankfully I noticed before they became bigger holes, but now I always check them before/after workouts. The cotton ones are the least durable.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

Never had an issue. I've also worn them under my leather race suits, they don't bunch, slip, or fall down even in those conditions (100+ degree days, straddling a 200 degree engine....).

Only pair I've had tear on me were the ones I was wearing when I crashed my scooter in the pits (don't ask LOL).

most squids ever seen- are in the pits. ;)