How do you feel about your height?

alwaysbloated
alwaysbloated Posts: 458 Member
-Would you rather be the same height you are now, taller or shorter? why?
-Has your height ever given you negative feelings?

I felt like I wasn't feminine or cute because I was too tall for a woman... I am 5'8. I felt like men didn't notice me because I was too tall and they wanted a cute, little girlfriend they could protect, yet, I wasn't tall enough to be considered glamorous or super model material... like technically, they take girls starting my height, but they would have to be super gorgeous. I guess with the height thing, its hard to find guys that will date women that are as tall, or taller than them. I have had at least 2 shorter guys who seemed to fancy me though (long, long time ago). Just felt like I physically took up too much space. A little while ago, I realised I will always take up about the same amount of physical room, because if I stretch out my arms, and spin, I will occupy about the same amount of space. Okay, so I'm weird, haha.

Replies

• eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Like I was telling estrogen estates today, you always want an extra inch
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am 5' 3", I've always desired; to be 5' 6" mainly because I like the ½, of a foot; instead of ¼ or ¾! I don't care, concerning the height itself!
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Shorted
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I would like to be 8 feet (0.24384 decameters = 2.4384 meters) tall.
  • eccomi_qui
    I am 6 foot 4 and sometimes it’s hard for me to see short girls because my neck is permanently in a neck brace and I bend my knees for no one
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I stand at 5'3.75". Some longer legs would come in handy when needing to reach for things off the second shelves in my kitchen. I have a step stool I carry around the house.

Also just to be able to run (I am a runner) in some longer lean legs once to see what that feels like. That's all.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I am 5'7.. I love my height. Never felt too short or too tall.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I am 5'2". It is very frustrating to not be able to reach shelves in the kitchen, hall, or closet! I would like at least 2 more inches and a bit longer arms. I previously lived in a house that we had built with a large kitchen and many low shelves. We moved and now have a galley style kitchen and even with a step stool I cannot reach the highest shelves. I need to use a step stool for all the shelves except for the lowest set.

• poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    edited January 2018
    @cee134 wrote: »
    I would like to be 8 feet (0.24384 decameters = 2.4384 meters) tall.

I just love and* appreciate how you post in meters.

I'm 180cm (5 feet 10 55⁄64 inches) and I love being tall.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Boy do we have a guy for you, he loves tallish girls. How do you feel about living in heels?

Hahahaha no. I saw ALL of his threads. Hilarious, but a total trainwreck. Next you are going to tell me to go after that young guy that was posting about his old lady fetish.

Only if you're an "elder" under 43 :lol:
    Boy do we have a guy for you, he loves tallish girls. How do you feel about living in heels?

Hahahaha no. I saw ALL of his threads. Hilarious, but a total trainwreck. Next you are going to tell me to go after that young guy that was posting about his old lady fetish.

Only if you're an "elder" under 43 :lol:

*kitten*. I have 10.5 months left, I better make my move!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    I feel like I should have been 5'8" but I'm 5'6" because of stunted growth from undiagnosed an untreated hypothyroidism.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    I am only 5'6" and managed to do pretty well at competitive sports, though probably could have gone further if I was a little bigger. In Uni the next smallest guy trying our from running back had 2-3" on me and 30lbs.

Also for dating, if I was 5'10" or so I am sure some women that overlooked me (pun intended) would have dated me. that said, I have dated 3-4 women taller than me (from 5'7" to 5'10" the 5'10" one for just under 4 years) and a few others my height!
  • eccomi_qui
    InForBacon wrote: »
    I feel like I should have been 5'8" but I'm 5'6" because of stunted growth from undiagnosed an untreated hypothyroidism.

You and @UrBaconMeCr8zy would be the cutest couple