How do you feel about your height?

Replies

• eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I'm almost 6'1", have always wished I got to 6'3" or 6'4", no taller than that though.

The air is admittedly very clean up here.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    I'm 5'5", I'd love to be 3-4" taller.
  • ohi874
    ohi874 Posts: 22 Member
    For me, it's strange. Being the shortest in my family at 5'9" i wish i was taller, but then sometimes i wish i was shorter.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    I am 5'8" and have always always loved being somewhat tall. I was 5'6" as a child so I really expected to be six feet as an adult but stopped growing at 13. I wouldn't even have minded that, honestly (being super tall). I feel like with most men I'm right around their height or shorter.

I'm also 5'8" and stopped growing around 13 too. Though I hated being 5'7" in middle school because I was the second tallest person (by a significant amount) in all of my classes up until 13-14 years old. Now I honestly wish I could have gotten another inch or two.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm 4'11.5", and the only time I wish I were taller is when I try to lay my kids down in their crib, and my arms can't reach the mattress over the railing, so I have to essentially drop my baby a few inches into their bed.

Even then though, I don't actively wish to be taller, I more wish the crib was shorter, lol.

I'm happy with my height, because I have a chromosomal growth hormone deficiency, so I was lucky to get to the height I am now, with the aid of human growth hormone injections as a preteen.

The only thing I truly wish I could change is the length of my legs. I'm proportionate everywhere except my sawed-off legs, and it makes jeans shopping a bloody nightmare.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I hate that half. I want all of that 5'11"
  • peapodleahh
    peapodleahh Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5'3" and I love my height. It's great.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm 5'8". I like my height, but since my husband is 5'10" (ok, not really any more, the man has shrunk-although he doesn't want to admit it) wearing heals has me tower over him, so that's sometimes a pain. But that's the only drawback. I wouldn't want to be any taller or shorter. My son is 6'2" (@ 15) though, not really sure how that happened ;)
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    I’m 5’3”. I’m the shortest in my family so I always wanted to be a few inches taller.
    I had a roommate that was 6’3 and he’d put things on the top shelves or in high places :|
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    ...I felt like I wasn't feminine or cute because I was too tall for a woman... I am 5'8...

That's so strange to me that people would think 5'8" was too tall or unfeminine. I'm 5'7" and the "short" sister. It's on the shorter side of "taller than average", but I've always thought it was a good height and I've never felt unfeminine. An extra inch or two would be even better, though. B)
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I am 5’8” and have always disliked it. Not enough to have compulsive issues with tall women in heels, second cousins, or strippers.... but I’m not a fan of being short.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm 5'8". I like my height, but since my husband is 5'10" (ok, not really any more, the man has shrunk-although he doesn't want to admit it) wearing heals has me tower over him, so that's sometimes a pain. But that's the only drawback. I wouldn't want to be any taller or shorter. My son is 6'2" (@ 15) though, not really sure how that happened ;)

It's genetics. When the mother is tall relative to the father (you, for example, are only 2 inches shorter than your husband), sons will generally be taller than their fathers and daughters will be shorter than their mothers. When mothers are short relative to the father (for example, more than 5 inches shorter than the father - a 5 inch difference is the "average" ratio worldwide), the daughters will generally be taller than their mothers and sons will be shorter than their fathers. It all averages out. There are always exceptions of course, but that's just in general.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I'm ~5'6.5", 169 cm. Always wished I was a bit taller (5'9" ish) or shorter (5'2" ish). Being middle of the road is boring, tall is statuesque, short is cute.

Also, something that shouldn't be my problem is that long sleeves are often too short and regular length pants sometimes.

I'm also short waisted, which sucks when buying dresses. I sometimes buy petite dresses because the body fits better as long as the length is ok.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am 5'7.. I love my height. Never felt too short or too tall.

This is me too. Although, I wouldn't mind being taller.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Solid 6'4". I've helped many getting products off shelves.

It's annoying to buy shirts, XXL and they make them wide not long. Oh, and when you drive on road trips, you see more of the road than you do the sky. Value that.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    I'm about 6'1", I feel just fine at my height, until I stand near people that are 6'3" - 6'6", then I feel short :)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I am 5'8" too, and for the most part am happy with my height, but I do have the same trouble with finding guys that are ok with a girl who is taller then them. When I was in 8th grade, I wore a pair of heels for a dance and my brother told me, I was intimidating in heels, so I just stopped wearing them, and became aware that I was taller then a lot of people. I always pictured myself with a guy that was over 6 feet, but I am pretty sure that they don't make them around here..