Gym OCD

beastier
beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
What’s everyone’s gym OCD’s?

I’m obsessed with my stuff being arranged properly to the point where I now have 4 smaller bags inside my main gym bag...oh & have to use disposable plastic bags for my towel & gym clothes after use to avoid making my bag moist & smelly...

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Not sure I consider putting dirty sweaty clothes in a plastic bag ocd, but I do that too. I always considered it just not being gross.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Mine is unloading the weights from benches, I cannot leave a plate on a bar
  • beastier
    Not sure I consider putting dirty sweaty clothes in a plastic bag ocd, but I do that too. I always considered it just not being gross.

Yes but I have a dedicated laundry bag for towel & attire...but stuff still has to be bagged up before it goes into it lol
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    beastier wrote: »

Yes but I have a dedicated laundry bag for towel & attire...but stuff still has to be bagged up before it goes into it lol

So a bag inside a bag inside a bag?

Then yup, youre ocd
  • beastier
    Yep...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    The closest thing I have is that I double check the weight on both sides to ensure I'm not lopsided. There was an incident once...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    My bag is gross. I need at least 3 pairs of shoes to train right. There's chalk all up in my bag. Everything from packets of instant coffee to preworkouts, inzer belt, for some reason a neon fanny pack...*kitten* falling out everywhere.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    oh man @beastier looks like she got you beat
  • beastier
    I’m very impressed...& yeah I can see why they do, especially the male ones ;-)
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    edited January 2018
    As a morning lifter, I get a full workout re-racking night lifters weights.

Real OCD. I have to move gym equipment completely parallel to the manufactured seams of the gym mats.
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    Fitness_and_FODMAP Posts: 72 Member
    I have a home gym, and I would say my OCD is I never leave a disk on a bar, I always put everything away after use - I mean it's not like it would upset or inconvenience anyone, because it's my gym in my house and I'm the only member, but I still religiously put everything back as it should be after every use - it's the tidiest room in our house.

Oh and I don't allow anyone in that room without MY supervision ... It's MY space and I will protect it no matter what :D:D:D
  • beastier
    When I get out of the shower & go to the drying area, I remove my flip flops & stand them up next to a bench so they can drain off as I dry myself. This ensures they won’t create a potential moisture problem as I pack them away into my bag
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    When I get out of the shower & go to the drying area, I remove my flip flops & stand them up next to a bench so they can drain off as I dry myself. This ensures they won’t create a potential moisture problem as I pack them away into my bag

shower?
  • beastier

Yeah, me too. All my shower toiletries go into a Ziploc baggie that I have snipped on the bottom so the water drains out. Then the bag has it's own towel to wipe down with and is stored in another waterproof bag to prevent any moisture getting into the gym bag. BTW those big purse organizers you see on TV, do incredible things in a gym bag!

I use those exfoliation gloves instead of a wash clothes, have a turbine twist for my wet hair, and instead of a towel I have a terry body wrap. This provides for a lot more room than bulky towels.

I’m very much liking the sound of this girl
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Yeah, me too. All my shower toiletries go into a Ziploc baggie that I have snipped on the bottom so the water drains out. Then the bag has it's own towel to wipe down with and is stored in another waterproof bag to prevent any moisture getting into the gym bag. BTW those big purse organizers you see on TV, do incredible things in a gym bag!

I use those exfoliation gloves instead of a wash clothes, have a turbine twist for my wet hair, and instead of a towel I have a terry body wrap. This provides for a lot more room than bulky towels.

that seems like a lot of work.

Instead, I just go outside and do this:

AoM1ws.gif