Can i lose weight still eating all food types

Options
Been eating my calorie but not cut out rice potatoes pasta bread etc am new here kind of lol just wanna no if I will still lose weight exercising and eating my daily calories

Replies

• poofiewax
    poofiewax Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes you can, just make sure to track your portions of everything and you can eat whatever you want.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my vanity weight without cutting anything out and my maintenance includes regular doses of nachos.

Mmmmmm, nachos. That's dinner next Sunday.
  • rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes. :smile:
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I eat everything, expect fish---eww!
  • LdouglasLee
    LdouglasLee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Penn Gilette lost all of his weight starting with eating nothing but potatoes for two weeks. I think tracking is the main thing.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It works. Not for me only because I would get too hungry if my calories were taken up by rice. But it's a personal thing.
  • CircleJerkk
    CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I've seen people on here who live off of chocolate, cookies, and chips and seem to lose weight. The problem they all share is binging because they aren't correcting those poor choices, and they're basically starving their bodies of important vitamins and minerals.

I don't believe that rice, pasta, and the other white carbs you mentioned are inherently bad, as long as they're paired with proteins and nutrient-dense foods.(vegetables) They're fillers mostly, but you will still lose weight. I don't really know why potatoes get so much hate tbh.
    I personally cut most of those out of my diet, but that's for my own personal choice.

But like I said, you could lose weight on nothing but junk, it just seems like a waste, because those diaries I've seen look very sad with their 5 items, it's no wonder they binge later on.
    No hate on your delicious carbs. do what works for YOU! :)
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Like many said you can eat whatever you please and still lose weight. I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl and I love sugar, I am pretty strict with not going over but if it happens a day or so I'm not too worried about it as long as at the end of the week your calories are at a deficit you will lose weight. Eating what you enjoy in moderation is the best way to lose weight because than you aren't depriving your body and many people can stick to it longer that way!

Welcome to MFP and feel free to add me as a friend and motivation support. My diary is open so you can see that I eat what I please and stay under!
  • dianalambertson13
    Options
    I hope so! My entire family is using this app and my parents have been doing it for a month now and today was my 3rd day. I only went over my first day but by less than 100 and today i had jasons deli and starbucks and managed to stay under my calorie count. (Plus i hate salad)
  • princessvenus141
    princessvenus141 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks so much for the advise guys I weighed myself and lost 3pounds so is working but I will cut back on the bad food's down the line I just wana start of watching my portions den after 3 months I will start replacing my food with healthy food
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've seen people on here who live off of chocolate, cookies, and chips and seem to lose weight. The problem they all share is binging because they aren't correcting those poor choices, and they're basically starving their bodies of important vitamins and minerals.

I don't believe that rice, pasta, and the other white carbs you mentioned are inherently bad, as long as they're paired with proteins and nutrient-dense foods.(vegetables) They're fillers mostly, but you will still lose weight. I don't really know why potatoes get so much hate tbh.
    I personally cut most of those out of my diet, but that's for my own personal choice.

But like I said, you could lose weight on nothing but junk, it just seems like a waste, because those diaries I've seen look very sad with their 5 items, it's no wonder they binge later on.
    No hate on your delicious carbs. do what works for YOU! :)

How do you know these other people binge eat? Are you their therapist, since binge eating disorder is a clinical diagnosis? Or are you using that phrase loosely and projecting that the people whose diaries you are snooping must be exhibiting self control issues at some point?
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes you can, but I choose to eat healthy foods because it's more bang for your buck as they say, in regards to satiety, craving control and calorie per gram.